Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 151 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    No comments for tonight?

So a tornado saved them from the Zombie pack? Interesting. Is it about to get more spiritual on the show with an "act of God" helping them out? They did make it a point to have a preacher losing faith in this episode and then immediately taking it back as soon as they get some rain. Also, how does this new group know Rick and why are they trying to (or at least pretending to) help?

Other thoughts:
    - Was that the speech from the comics that gave them their title?

- Does anyone besides me imagine that dog would taste really terrible?
    When you dont have anything else to eat I bet it tastes pretty good.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we should change the title of this thread to "The Weeping Dead."
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have eaten all those dogs.

....probably the priest too.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Tonight's show was very depressing as if they have all lost hope. The show, for the main plots, has been for the most part accurate with main stories in the comic.
    spoiler

Though I enjoyed last season the most and this season too, zombie movies and shows are all the same. People vs people, people vs. zombies. I enjoy the show but the repetition is evident with the main antagonists.
    Smart decisions made all around tonight, especially luring the zombies to fall off before the bridge.
    I sometimes feel your love for the show blinds you of certain things. A scene like that is something you would normally tear apart if it was part of another show or movie.

I hated that part of the episode. It's easily the dumbest thing I've seen on the show since it started. You're going to intentionally lure zombies, zombies you are outnumbered by, only to push them from the cliff. It's just an unnecessary risk and I don't think Rick would ever do that. They ended up having to expend energy anyway, so why not just mow them down in a more controlled manner. I know they are exhausted, but I would have liked to see something a little more imaginative than luring walkers off a cliff.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I sometimes feel your love for the show blinds you of certain things. A scene like that is something you would normally tear apart if it was part of another show or movie.

I hated that part of the episode. It's easily the dumbest thing I've seen on the show since it started. You're going to intentionally lure zombies, zombies you are outnumbered by, only to push them from the cliff. It's just an unnecessary risk and I don't think Rick would ever do that. They ended up having to expend energy anyway, so why not just mow them down in a more controlled manner. I know they are exhausted, but I would have liked to see something a little more imaginative than luring walkers off a cliff.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe they could have lured the zombies "in a van, down by the river!" r.i.p. Chris Farley
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Tonight's show was very depressing as if they have all lost hope. The show, for the main plots, has been for the most part accurate with main stories in the comic.
    spoiler

Though I enjoyed last season the most and this season too, zombie movies and shows are all the same. People vs people, people vs. zombies. I enjoy the show but the repetition is evident with the main antagonists.
    Smart decisions made all around tonight, especially luring the zombies to fall off before the bridge.

I hated that part of the episode. It's easily the dumbest thing I've seen on the show since it started. You're going to intentionally lure zombies, zombies you are outnumbered by, only to push them from the cliff. It's just an unnecessary risk and I don't think Rick would ever do that. They ended up having to expend energy anyway, so why not just mow them down in a more controlled manner. I know they are exhausted, but I would have liked to see something a little more imaginative than luring walkers off a cliff.
    The didn't intentionally lure them. The zombies were already after them. You're saying it's not smart to have spread out, which would probably divide the zombies, and have them basically go off the side of their own volition? Don't see how attacking that group head on with an extra ten-fifteen zombies sharp objects would have been any less risky. Sasha having her freak out basically took all their control away so it's hard to say how it would have worked out if not for that. The idea was to thin out the zombies so they could take the remainder down in a controlled manner. Don't think it was stupid at all. Raz-al Ghul would smile at them being aware of their surroundings. More bodies on the road equals more chance to be swarmed as well as more bodies to possibly trip over. As it was Rick was nearly bit lol

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found this week a little slow. Really looking forward to next week though by what I seen in the previews!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if those dogs belonged to "Aaron" and his group. There is no way four dogs would attack a group of people the size of Rick's group. Even hungry, dogs wouldn't be that stupid. They would catch someone separate from the group, like Daryll, and attack them. They were either sent to scare Rick's group off (or test them, though that would be a waste of their dogs) or the dogs were rapid. I am not sure if eating rapid dog is safe.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

spoiler

The didn't intentionally lure them. The zombies were already after them. You're saying it's not smart to have spread out, which would probably divide the zombies, and have them basically go off the side of their own volition? Don't see how attacking that group head on with an extra ten-fifteen zombies sharp objects would have been any less risky. Sasha having her freak out basically took all their control away so it's hard to say how it would have worked out if not for that. The idea was to thin out the zombies so they could take the remainder down in a controlled manner. Don't think it was stupid at all. Raz-al Ghul would smile at them being aware of their surroundings. More bodies on the road equals more chance to be swarmed as well as more bodies to possibly trip over. As it was Rick was nearly bit lol
    Waited, lured it's the same thing. They intentionally were trying to avoid contact. Taking that risk could have cost somebody their life. You're going to expend just as much energy dodging and pushing as you would with a stab to the head.

I just feel that they could have come up with something more inventive.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, the other thing that annoyed me is when Rick drops the line, "We are the walking dead."

Really? The producers must really think their audience is a bunch of idiots. This is something people came to the realization to after the first episode of the first season. No reason to hammer people over the head with it. Overall, I actually enjoyed the episode. I don't mean to keep coming off like I hate every episode. It's just that I really liked the first half of the season, but I feel that the last two episodes have been underwhelming. I also hope the deus ex machina doesn't become a trend.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't get how the trees fell on every single zombie but the barn was untouched. The walkers were pushing the door in. Next scene in the morning, they're all over the place and not a single one even near the barn.

I'll believe the human stupidity but don't mess with the laws of physics, bro.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I don't get how the trees fell on every single zombie but the barn was untouched. The walkers were pushing the door in. Next scene in the morning, they're all over the place and not a single one even near the barn.

I thought the same thing and said so to the wife... she says "it was the hand of God helping them".
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been around a few tornadoes and they can do some crazy things...Below is some footage of an area I grew up around and lived near in 85.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkpFdxfr8cg

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same thing, but then I came up with the theory that they all died in the barn. I'm going to be watching the show from this point on under the assumption that everything we are seeing is taking place in some kind of purgatory.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The trees didn't fall on every zombie. Since it was a tornado (if you doubt this, rewatch and see the path cut through the trees) some of the zombies were sucked up and tossed into the woods. Of course it is still very fortunate (lucky, unbelievable?) that the tornado did nothing to the barn. That is why I was questioning whether we are suppose to think that it was an "act of God" especially with the religious talk and reminders like the bible that the camera lingered on. However, crazy things have happened like that in real life so who knows what they meant for us to think.

Of course your post has me thinking about the direction Lost turned toward in the end.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, the other thing that annoyed me is when Rick drops the line, "We are the walking dead."

Really? The producers must really think their audience is a bunch of idiots. This is something people came to the realization to after the first episode of the first season. No reason to hammer people over the head with it. Overall, I actually enjoyed the episode. I don't mean to keep coming off like I hate every episode. It's just that I really liked the first half of the season, but I feel that the last two episodes have been underwhelming. I also hope the deus ex machina doesn't become a trend.
    Way to spell out the metaphor for all the folks in the audience who are not readers, huh? I guess the Producers are right in thinking a lot of their audience are idiots. I mean tv shows have become highbrow, but dont forget walking dead's audience numbers in the millions. The is probably plenty of 'Murica out there who don't even know what a metaphor is.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same thing, but then I came up with the theory that they all died in the barn. I'm going to be watching the show from this point on under the assumption that everything we are seeing is taking place in some kind of purgatory.
    Come on man, don't get all Birdman on us!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

Way to spell out the metaphor for all the folks in the audience who are not readers, huh? I guess the Producers are right in thinking a lot of their audience are idiots. I mean tv shows have become highbrow, but dont forget walking dead's audience numbers in the millions. The is probably plenty of 'Murica out there who don't even know what a metaphor is.
    You're right, it's an even bigger insult to the people who have been reading since day one.

That episode was very spiritual and I don't have a problem with that as long as the deus ex machina stuff doesn't carry over to other episodes. The tornado thing was very plausible, but also super lucky. The other really lucky part was the torrential rain out of nowhere. If they weren't praying to God before that episode, they better freakin' start.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the episode looked really "realistic" in depicting how broken down folks could get. Problem is, a large percentage of folks would have reached that point WAY earlier in the series, LOL

One of the things i concentrate on in this show is suspension of disbelief. It is more fun going along for the ride then trying to reason everything out.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"We are the walking dead." is in the comic book. And it's one of the best lines in the comic series, which I thought was pulled off wonderfully in the episode.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "We are the walking dead." is in the comic book. And it's one of the best lines in the comic series, which I thought was pulled off wonderfully in the episode.
    It's a great line indeed. A line that should have come in the first season, not the sixth. I'm curious where that line comes in during the comic books.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the line has far more weight after two years of surviving, fighting and losing things. It would have seemed way to clever an analogy in season one for these characters to come to. Especially for Rick who'd lived the apocalypse for like two weeks by its end.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a great line indeed. A line that should have come in the first season, not the sixth. I'm curious where that line comes in during the comic books.
    The metaphor is implied early in the series and is first talked about in the letters pages of the comic, a discussion forum between Kirkman and his fans. I forget which issue they actually say it and highlight the line, but lets just say you have already figured out WHO is the walking Dead by that point if you have any skill at reading or digesting literature at all.

I felt like it was not as effective in the tv show lol, but a SIGNPOST for illiterate folk who only watch tv. It made me laugh, LOL You should have already figured out the metaphor.

Reminded me of the parody film Dont be a Menace to South Central while drinking your Juice in tha Hood when they holler out MESSAGE! whenever a "moment" like this occurs in the film.

But then again, I only view the show through my own perspective which has included reading all the comics and letters pages years before seeing it on teevee.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    The metaphor is implied early in the series and is first talked about in the letters pages of the comic, a discussion forum between Kirkman and his fans. I forget which issue they actually say it and highlight the line, but lets just say you have already figured out WHO is the walking Dead by that point if you have any skill at reading or digesting literature at all.

I felt like it was not as effective in the tv show lol, but a SIGNPOST for illiterate folk who only watch tv. It made me laugh, LOL You should have already figured out the metaphor.

Reminded me of the parody film Dont be a Menace to South Central while drinking your Juice in tha Hood when they holler out MESSAGE! whenever a "moment" like this occurs in the film.

But then again, I only view the show through my own perspective which has included reading all the comics and letters pages years before seeing it on teevee.
    Its funny you referenced Don't Be a Menace.... When I brought that movie up in the Best Comedy Tournament thread, I got a "now you are just making movies up". (Yes, I know it was a joke and that movie wasn't going anywhere in that tournament.)

Back to the point, I think it is just something we have to live with in TV shows. They don't mean to insult people's intelligence but they want to be sure everyone is following along. It makes me think of Game of Thrones changing the written line "Only Cat." to "Your sister." just in case someone forgot Catelyn's name/nickname.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the line has far more weight after two years of surviving, fighting and losing things. It would have seemed way to clever an analogy in season one for these characters to come to. Especially for Rick who'd lived the apocalypse for like two weeks by its end.
    Definitely. When you're barely surviving, starving, most of your friends and family have died, every second you have to be on guard and vigilant, and this goes on for YEARS, the line definitely has more weight than just, "Oh, the zombie apocalypse happened yesterday, so I guess that means we're all fucked. Walking dead, right? Har har har."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 151 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast