Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 151 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The Talking Dead. I'm not a big fan of these post-mortem shows, especially this one where they often bring in random people they apparently found wandering around the studio lot to talk about the show.
    Yeah, like Chris Hardwicke.
    LOL You win the "I spit up my coffee" award for today!!! LOL
    You're quite welcome.

Chris is one of those people that simply rubs me the wrong way. I watch Talking Dead but I really wish Michonne would just come in and take his head off with her sword in one episode. The show would continue, of course, because that would change nothing about his personality.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a bad episode... I wonder about the town too!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If someone did attack the town, I think it might very well tie into the people who messed with Terminus. Those two flashbacks in the first episode must have a little deeper meaning than they seemed to then. Then again, they are a few hundred miles away so it's hard to say. Glad they are still heading towards Washington. I was looking forward to such a trip since that awesome foreshadowing of the capitol building in Season 4.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Help me out. I first started watching "Walking Dead" and it freaked me out. The one thing I hate the most is people eating people; zombies. Freaks me out! The show was pretty damn good. Great character development and really great with survival and for a small part, unity amongst others in a small group. The problem I have is repetitiveness. It is the same story over and over again. Rick's group fights zombies, finds a place, fights zombies, fights people, moves. Rinse and repeat.
    All I see is the same pattern. People vs. people and people vs. zombies. Nothing new is going to happen. Aliens aren't showing up or some special humanoid zombie thing is going to show it's face as new antagonist. So I'm asking, isn't the repetitive nature of the show going stale? I thought last season was the best, and a lot of show lovers didn't like it. So is it going stale?

The one thing I fear is this. If zombies became a reality or their was a nuclear war that decimated the Earth, I see this show exactly how it would be. Survival of "the me" and everyone else is in my way. You see it every day on the news, in shows, in movies, and everywhere around the world. The greed for "me" mentality. I hope I'm dead before something like this happens because with seeing it in reality and in fiction, there will never be a unity of the people to strive for the whole. It'll always be about "me." One thing I like about the show is the small unity amongst Rick and his group and I hate the reality it shows how it truly would be if it was real. No one working as a whole to fight the zombies.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah walking dead is repetitive but then again life would be repetitive in that world too. I thought Season Four was the best too, followed by Season Two (which people hated on as well).

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yeah walking dead is repetitive but then again life would be repetitive in that world too. I thought Season Four was the best too, followed by Season Two (which people hated on as well).
    I hear you. But I still watch it and enjoy it....just hate when good characters die. I read the comics up to #103 I believe. Some characters are long gone and others are new. Overall I like both.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen a minute of Talking Dead since it first started. It's like The Hills Aftershow except it's not meant for dumb teenage girls. I always meant to watch the segments were CM Punk was on them but I never got around to it. Don't care that much lol.

I didn't really have a problem with this episode. It was a little overwrought but at the same time I think it did a pretty good job of bringing some closure to Tyrese and all the facets of this new world he'd always had difficulty fully living in.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant
    These people are highly trained killers.
    Who did Tyrese ever kill? No one. He actively avoided it.

When I said "trained killer" I meant of zombies, not people. Either way, he's too good of a survivor to have a kid zombie come rolling up on him. You can hear those things from pretty far away.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Haven't seen a minute of Talking Dead since it first started. It's like The Hills Aftershow except it's not meant for dumb teenage girls. I always meant to watch the segments were CM Punk was on them but I never got around to it. Don't care that much lol.

I didn't really have a problem with this episode. It was a little overwrought but at the same time I think it did a pretty good job of bringing some closure to Tyrese and all the facets of this new world he'd always had difficulty fully living in.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant
    These people are highly trained killers.
    Who did Tyrese ever kill? No one. He actively avoided it.

When I said "trained killer" I meant of zombies, not people. Either way, he's too good of a survivor to have a kid zombie come rolling up on him. You can hear those things from pretty far away.
    I was just going to say the same thing. The car scene, and then there was the one last season where he left the cabin that was overrun with zombies and killed them all. He's the most bad ass character when it comes to fighting zombies, that I agree with Mike, to have a kid zombie sneak up on him doesn't make any sense and goes against his character. Also the kid that he was traveling with was so annoying. Was it so hard for him to run out of the house calling for help? Instead he wastes time so Rick and the gang don't get to Tyrese in time to save him. I'm still really irritated about the whole thing It's just these stupid little things that pull me out of the show. Maggie and Beth from last season...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't dwell to much on those silly things.. like Maggie and Beth... I love this show. It is my favorite and I really am pumped to see it move to new territory and a new city. I thought the show was well done as do pretty much every review on line that I read. Next Sunday cannot come soon enough... BTW.. anyone catch Better Call Saul? I LOVED IT!!! AND the ending was amazing!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I did and yes I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    anyone catch Better Call Saul? I LOVED IT!!! AND the ending was amazing!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I was just going to say the same thing. The car scene, and then there was the one last season where he left the cabin that was overrun with zombies and killed them all. He's the most bad ass character when it comes to fighting zombies, that I agree with Mike, to have a kid zombie sneak up on him doesn't make any sense and goes against his character. Also the kid that he was traveling with was so annoying. Was it so hard for him to run out of the house calling for help? Instead he wastes time so Rick and the gang don't get to Tyrese in time to save him. I'm still really irritated about the whole thing It's just these stupid little things that pull me out of the show. Maggie and Beth from last season...
    Kid zombies = lighter footsteps
    Kid zombies = shorter shadows

Those two examples: he knew the zombies were there and fought them head on. I don't know if we've ever seen Tyrese react with zombies sneaking up on him. Not to mention before Karen died and get got all pissed, he was a pussy when it came to zombies (and all killing) if we remember the Season 4 premiere when all the zombies fell on the room and he said 'I'm not going out there again."

The point is no matter how big you are, no matter how many zombies you've killed or how bad ass you are, if you let your guard down for 30 seconds it's enough to get you killed. I have no problem with how it went down. It's not really all that unbelievable when you think about it. How many times have zombies snuck up on people in the show only for them to be saved from behind? It happened at the start of the season during the Terminus escape, when a walker was about to bite Rick, who had no idea, and Daryl saved him. A walker snuck up on Dale. Walkers snuck in on the group's camp in season one and killed people. Walkers sneak up on people. It happens.

My Mood
    Confused

Don't you think that you would be able to smell zombies since it would be an awful smell of rotting flesh? Tyrese saw that shadow and heard a zombie behind that door. If I was unfortunate to live it that world and I was a zombie killer, I would kill everyone I run into. Because you never know if you will run into that one again and there would be one less zombie to worry about in the future. I feel Tyrese should have seen that shadow, heard that noise, and dealt with that first. Then we probably wouldn't be talking about him.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

There was no shadow on the wall in front of him, and there was no sound (carpet tends to muffle footsteps). The entire house would reek even if there were no zombies because of the body in the living room and the walker in the closed room..not to mention the disemboweled body two feet away from him on the bed which should have told anyone a walker could be out and about. Tyrese thought he was good because the zombie was behind the door, but the zombie that bit him wasn't behind that door, he was in the washroom of the bedroom he was in, which his back was toward. Tyrese let his guard down before clearing the house and it got him killed. Why? Because he's sensitive and was too busy being affected by the photos and the idea of a a whole family being dead. The other characters in that respect were hardened, Tyrese wasn't. As far as I'm concerned it make sense with Tyrese's character that this happened to him. I wouldn't believe this same scenario happening with any other character still on the show, but with Tyrese it fit.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You can justify it all you want, I just don't like the way it went down. These people NEVER let their guard down. It's a way of life for them now. If it were me, I'd constantly be checking over my shoulder. Tyrese knew there were zombies in the house too. It's not like he even cleared it.

All I'm saying is they could have found a better way for him to go out. I'm with Heather, there are instances where the characters act in stupid ways and it just annoys me. Matt, you're right about what they were going for in this instance, but there have been quite a few examples of them acting like idiots and it annoys me. I'm sorry. Perfect example is Tyrese's sister (it must run in the family) turning her back to the cop who was tied up. I'm sorry, a character in her shoes would never react like that in real life.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

All I'm saying is they could have found a better way for him to go out. I'm with Heather, there are instances where the characters act in stupid ways and it just annoys me. Matt, you're right about what they were going for in this instance, but there have been quite a few examples of them acting like idiots and it annoys me. I'm sorry. Perfect example is Tyrese's sister (it must run in the family) turning her back to the cop who was tied up. I'm sorry, a character in her shoes would never react like that in real life.
    I knew you'd feel the same way. It's just these really stupid instances where it's poor writing and they make the characters do stupid things. It pulls me out of the story instantly because I'm just thinking it's the most ridiculous thing, that would never happen. And it's stuff that they could very easily write in a way that is more believable, that would fit with the character and the story better.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Sasha 100%. They definitely make stupid decisions sometimes. Tyrese was stupid, but I could also believe his character would make that stupid choice overwhelmed with emotion. Tyrese was also stupid a lot of the time, he made a lot of dumb choices when you break it all down. His emotions constantly made him make stupid choices. I still think the characters make smarter decisions more than stupid decisions. My only real problem with the episode was some of the editing and how we saw some of the same stuff and heard the same stuff multiple times. And the slow motion CGI was a little much when they opened the gate. My favourite part of the episode was the usage of the radio.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Sometimes characters will just act stupid in certain situations because they are stupid. Sometimes it's just because they have been put in a situation where it's almost impossible to react in a normal way.

Tyrese was really stupid and careless before. He left the baby way too close to that guy earlier in the year and also turned his back a few times.

I like to watch the show and think of how I would act in the same situation. There are only a few characters I can identify with in that way.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

My favourite part of the episode was the usage of the radio.
    That was Andrew Lincoln's voice on the radio.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Sometimes characters will just act stupid in certain situations because they are stupid. Sometimes it's just because they have been put in a situation where it's almost impossible to react in a normal way.

Tyrese was really stupid and careless before. He left the baby way too close to that guy earlier in the year and also turned his back a few times.

I like to watch the show and think of how I would act in the same situation. There are only a few characters I can identify with in that way.
    Having just finished rewatching the first half of season 5...there are some interesting things in it. Tyrese tells Sasha in episode seven "I'll always be here for you." (or something like that). Ouch. Sasha has had a bad week. Even Sasha turning her back, as stupid as it was, I can now give a little leniency to considering her state of mind, but it was still pretty damned stupid. It was also stupid to leave Sasha alone with the guy, and it was also stupid for Rick to be so trusting (maybe it the cop connection) him. That was just stupid a around haha.

So long as a character actions, stupid or not, make sense with their character I am pleased. Sasha being the one to watch him, since he's twice her size, trained in hand to hand combat as a cop, not to mention she's all distracted by grief, was group stupidity right there lol

I'd look out Carl and Judith....the writer's are killing off family members like 90 these last two episodes!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    My favourite part of the episode was the usage of the radio.
    That was Andrew Lincoln's voice on the radio.
    It was in his native accent. Talking about a genocide in another country....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No comments for tonight?

So a tornado saved them from the Zombie pack? Interesting. Is it about to get more spiritual on the show with an "act of God" helping them out? They did make it a point to have a preacher losing faith in this episode and then immediately taking it back as soon as they get some rain. Also, how does this new group know Rick and why are they trying to (or at least pretending to) help?

Other thoughts:
    - Was that the speech from the comics that gave them their title?

- Does anyone besides me imagine that dog would taste really terrible?

My Mood
    Confused

Tonight's show was very depressing as if they have all lost hope. The show, for the main plots, has been for the most part accurate with main stories in the comic.
    spoiler

Though I enjoyed last season the most and this season too, zombie movies and shows are all the same. People vs people, people vs. zombies. I enjoy the show but the repetition is evident with the main antagonists.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Tonight's show was very depressing as if they have all lost hope. The show, for the main plots, has been for the most part accurate with main stories in the comic.
    spoiler

Though I enjoyed last season the most and this season too, zombie movies and shows are all the same. People vs people, people vs. zombies. I enjoy the show but the repetition is evident with the main antagonists.
    Don't forget man vs. nature and man vs. himself. A very solid episode tonight. I enjoyed every last bit of it. We got some good character segments all around tonight. I immediately thought the zombie horde was a dream, since it was the grieving that got to the door first, then it came back with Maggie waking up. Was a nice touch how they revealed it wasn't a dream. Smart decisions made all around tonight, especially luring the zombies to fall off before the bridge.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought One:

Spoiler:
    "We are the walking dead."

Absolute perfect delivery. Extremely happy that they pulled it off, easily one of the best lines in the comics.

Thought Two:

Spoiler:
    Walkers vs. Survivors in a storm, with only a shitty barn door separating them. Excellent scene. I feel a little bit cheated by the "act of God" resolution, but fuck it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When Darryl was standing there, watching the wind move the door around all I could think was, 'you know, I would have found something heavy to put against those doors so it wouldn't be making any noise...storm or not a repetitive noise like that will draw in walkers', and sure enough haha. I do think it was a nice though that the characters who were didn't know if they could go on were the first ones to hold back the walkers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 151 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast