Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 151 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Well I, for one, did not see that coming.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nor did I, I was completely shocked and saddened. I agree with Mike though. I'm so glad we finally got what we've been wanting all season, but then to have that happen... And I'm not saying Maggie should have been crying over Beth every episode, but at least a mention a few times here or there would have been good, and it would have made it even more impactful.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, I saw it coming. Sometimes the worst thing some characters can do on this show is have something to say about anything. In season three I new T-Dogg was going down because he had an opininon haha. The prisoner in season 3 (can't recall his name) gave us some backstory just to get sniped. Herschel got an episode about him then the next episodes (After that governor two parter) he gets his head lopped off. I realy liked Beth's character since last season. I was more invested in Beth as a character than Maggie, really.

I wonder if we're ever going to see those guys from the Vatos episode from the first season, that were taking care of the old people. If they didn't know anyone who died turned that may have ended messy haha.

Something light hearted for y'all.

"Mamma said never to let people chop off my foot and eat it."

"My momma says that too. Aren't our mammas the same?"
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe you are referring to Axle (the prisoner).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The worst actor on the series -- I, for one, did not shed a tear.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

And here we all thought you had given up on the show...........
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Good episode. Really hope they do not make Darryl gay as I have read a few times.... Be nice for him and Carol to get together.
    I've heard that too. I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want them to make him gay because of the shock value of it.

I also don't think most of mainstream America would take too kindly to it though.

Per Robert Kirkman on Talking Dead tonight, Daryl Dixon on the TV show "is actually straight".

He also said there will be a very prominent gay character from the comics in the 2nd half of this season.

Awesome mid-season finale, awesome episode, awesome season.

AMC claimed in a promo today that TWD is the #1 show on TV.......as much as I enjoy it, I have a hard time believing that.
    This is true. In the Coveted 18-48 demographic. Which is what advertising is based on...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who is making the carvings in the trees? Anyone?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    FAIL! I'm sorry, that was just a fail for me.

I'm so happy now that Heather and I have been making a big deal about this all season. It looms even larger now. If that's the story arc you're going to go with then it makes even more sense to lay the groundwork all season and have Maggie show a little bit more concern about her sister. It just makes sense. Maggie's reaction, although well acted, didn't have the emotional impact for me that it should have had. I'm sorry, it just didn't.
    If they had Maggie showing concern for Beth all season, it would've been a bit obvious where they were heading.
    Not in the slightest. Instead it makes her seem cold-hearted. Maggie never mourned her father and never showed even a remote concern for her sister. You guys can try to justify it all you want. It was an oversight in the story telling. I won't be convinced otherwise. You're assuming they knew from the start of the season that Beth was going to bite it. You'd be naive if you believe that. TV rarely shows that much foresight.

EDIT: I talked to two people over Thanksgiving weekend that have watched the show since season 1 that forgot Maggie and Beth were EVEN SISTERS!!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's not surprising at all. They never ever acted like sisters except for one scene that I can think of. Otherwise they never really associated with each other. I kind of wish they had made Beth a non-related person that came across the farm and started living with them prior to the others showing up. That would have solved all the problems, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what most people think anyways.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not in the slightest. Instead it makes her seem cold-hearted. Maggie never mourned her father and never showed even a remote concern for her sister. You guys can try to justify it all you want. It was an oversight in the story telling. I won't be convinced otherwise. You're assuming they knew from the start of the season that Beth was going to bite it. You'd be naive if you believe that. TV rarely shows that much foresight.
    I think Walking Dead has been pretty good with planning ahead. It wouldn't surprise me if they had planned for Beth to die in the mid season finale. Compared to most shows Walking Dead's planning has been excellent. The reveal of Sophia in season 2 is proof of that. About the Beth/Maggie thing, it didn't really bother me so I'm not talking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent
    The worst actor on the series -- I, for one, did not shed a tear.
    Worst actor on the series? I don't see that. Her episodes with Darryl in Season 4 were some of the best acted episodes they've done.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When Beth was first introduced, I thought she was a poor actress, but she got a lot better. She became one of my favorite characters and I'm sad to see her go. I'm kind of growing tired of these shows building up the deaths of characters. AMC was even running promos asking, "who will be the next to die?" It just cheapens it for me and leads to too much speculation. It's a zombie apocalypse, so it's understood that people are going to die, it just feels like many shows are doing it for the shock value instead of it coming naturally to the story. I call it the Game of Thrones effect.

The Walking Dead has been really good about planning ahead, but I know things do change. Nothing is set in stone. All I was asking for was one scene for Maggie. It wouldn't have tipped their hand. Honestly, Lauren Cohan is a great actress and they need to give her more to do.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Who is making the carvings in the trees? Anyone?
    They were made by Gareth and the Termites.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You're assuming they knew from the start of the season that Beth was going to bite it. You'd be naive if you believe that. TV rarely shows that much foresight.
    I don't think it would be naive to assume that when they were shooting episode #1 of this season, they knew that Beth would die in episode#8.

It's a difference of seven episodes we are talking about...not seven seasons.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When Beth was first introduced, I thought she was a poor actress, but she got a lot better. She became one of my favorite characters and I'm sad to see her go. I'm kind of growing tired of these shows building up the deaths of characters. AMC was even running promos asking, "who will be the next to die?" It just cheapens it for me and leads to too much speculation. It's a zombie apocalypse, so it's understood that people are going to die, it just feels like many shows are doing it for the shock value instead of it coming naturally to the story. I call it the Game of Thrones effect.
    I was really happy when they gave Beth something significant to do. Her character was a good representation I'm still mixed on whether or not her death was meaningful or simply there for a mid-season shock (which I hope isn't the case). I didn't really notice any of the people from Grace Memorial with them duing the ending (my dad says Noah was there but I didn't notice), so if none of those characters really stay around I wonder how much point there was to the whole plotline. My friend was pissed because on break at work he check facebook and the official Walking Dead page said that Beth died and he wrote them an angry e-mail about spoilers.

The Walking Dead has been really good about planning ahead, but I know things do change. Nothing is set in stone. All I was asking for was one scene for Maggie. It wouldn't have tipped their hand. Honestly, Lauren Cohan is a great actress and they need to give her more to do.
    They need to give Maggie some character development, Glen too. I've actually been hoping for one of them to die just so I can get involved in their relationship again haha. Beth's character really developed over the last few seasons. She went from overly emotional to refusing to cry, weak and unsure to confident and strong. I can't even tell you what Maggies character really is anymore. Hopefully now she'll develop some more.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That episode where she suddenly reappeared a few weeks ago was horrible. She's too weak an actress to support an entire episode. She has absolutely no emotional range. Wide eyes, agape, that's about it.

Country
    Country Flag

Just bring on Negan.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That episode where she suddenly reappeared a few weeks ago was horrible. She's too weak an actress to support an entire episode. She has absolutely no emotional range. Wide eyes, agape, that's about it.
    I will agree that she was pretty bad in these last few hospital episodes. I loved her character but not her acting I did really enjoy the episodes last season with her and Darryl, and liked the way they developed her character so I'm sad that they got rid of her. And I also agree with everyone about giving Maggie more character development. This would have been the perfect opportunity to.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    You're assuming they knew from the start of the season that Beth was going to bite it. You'd be naive if you believe that. TV rarely shows that much foresight.
    I don't think it would be naive to assume that when they were shooting episode #1 of this season, they knew that Beth would die in episode#8.

It's a difference of seven episodes we are talking about...not seven seasons.
    Sounds good to me. That settles it then. It was poor writing.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was really warming up to Beth. Maggie is starting to get on my nerves. I think it is her "southern" accent.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still just in the pilot stage, but it's moving along.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/04/walking-dead-casts/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think one-off companion series would be great. Not sure about extended ones. Would be cool to see different stories in different parts of the world. People surviving on a cruise ship overun with zombies would be awesome, stuff like that. I'd really like to see a lot more of the initial outbreak. So far all we've really gotten is a few flashbacks and that was a few seasons ago now. I would love a season that's all about a someone from the start of the outbreak and everything they go through to survive, only to end up dying...and the final shot is the character you've followed all season being killed as a walker by one of Rick's crew. You could use a companion seires to create a Villain for the main show. There is a lot that could be done with it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think one-off companion series would be great. Not sure about extended ones. Would be cool to see different stories in different parts of the world. People surviving on a cruise ship overun with zombies would be awesome, stuff like that. I'd really like to see a lot more of the initial outbreak. So far all we've really gotten is a few flashbacks and that was a few seasons ago now. I would love a season that's all about a someone from the start of the outbreak and everything they go through to survive, only to end up dying...and the final shot is the character you've followed all season being killed as a walker by one of Rick's crew. You could use a companion seires to create a Villain for the main show. There is a lot that could be done with it.
    It's funny you should mention the cruise ship thing. I had an idea for a "zombies on a cruise ship" movie way back in 2004 while I was on a cruise. I think it could be really interesting. I jotted the idea down along with some plot points.

I think your idea of one shot companion pieces would be great. I think The Walking Dead has already done some similar webisodes like that.

This is going to be more of a real series though. Money talks and AMC is banking on making more of it with The Walking Dead name. I don't know when the show is supposed to air, but they'd be smart to air it during the summer. This would be a nice bridge for the original show.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It's funny you should mention the cruise ship thing. I had an idea for a "zombies on a cruise ship" movie way back in 2004 while I was on a cruise. I think it could be really interesting. I jotted the idea down along with some plot points.

I think your idea of one shot companion pieces would be great. I think The Walking Dead has already done some similar webisodes like that.

This is going to be more of a real series though. Money talks and AMC is banking on making more of it with The Walking Dead name. I don't know when the show is supposed to air, but they'd be smart to air it during the summer. This would be a nice bridge for the original show.
    Every time I read your stuff... I agree! Serious!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

To air mini 4-8 episode complete series in the summer is a fantastic idea. I'm not sold on there being one or more multi-season shows. The last thing I want to happen to Walking Dead is for it to get diluted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 151 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast