Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, Brian's pretty funny on the subject!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Also, Heather, I forgot to mention the other part of the finale dealt with the death of
    Spoiler:
    Andrea
    in a completely stupid and annoying way. As you can tell, the finale left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I remember that. I was routing for that to happen all season. The raid was what I couldn't completely remember. And I'm sure its because it was very forgettable. I remember being very disappointed because there was all this buildup to a very, very weak fight.

Also what surprised me with the opening episode as well was that there was no mention of Andrea. Or did I miss it?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think there was any mention of Andrea. To be fair, there wasn't a whole lot of interaction between any of the characters. Especially since a large portion of the episode takes place in the woods with Rick and the crazy lady.

Getting back to the finale from last year for a second. I remember thinking that it would have been really cool if Rick and his crew set up a series of booby traps in the prison to ambush the Gov's crew. Maybe some really inventive ways to use zombies or something. Anything would have been better than a few flashbangs.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, this is nit picky, but it's been nagging at me nevertheless. They are pretty sure the pigs are carrying the flu virus and that the dead bodies may be able to infect you. Yet, folks are breathing all over each other, Darryl takes his mask off whilst burying a few and, Rick gets sprayed with pigs blood and later burns his shirt!!! I mean, at least provide plausible deniability to the audience!!

They should just announce in the show that the only way to contract the flu virus is from the writer's room!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yep. Also, it might be nice to learn characters' names before they become canon fodder. Who cares that the guy who looked like Harry Potter died?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Agreed. I could care less about all these new people being killed off. It's had zero impact on me because I'm not connected to any of them. I'm really not liking this storyline so far.

Also what do you guys think of Carol? I understand where she's coming from with wanting to prepare the kids for the world as it is now, but she's coming off as very harsh and unsympathetic to me. Maybe it's me, but I think some motherly instinct would kick in for me and I'd want to protect them and shelter them to some extent. Not force them into stabbing their dad in the head.

The scene with the kids and their dad was uncredible. Not incredible -- uncredible. Hated it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The SandMan View Post
    OK, this is nit picky, but it's been nagging at me nevertheless. They are pretty sure the pigs are carrying the flu virus and that the dead bodies may be able to infect you. Yet, folks are breathing all over each other, Darryl takes his mask off whilst burying a few and, Rick gets sprayed with pigs blood and later burns his shirt!!! I mean, at least provide plausible deniability to the audience!!

They should just announce in the show that the only way to contract the flu virus is from the writer's room!!!!
    Not nit picky at all. I've been saying the same thing since they introduced that thread. Unless we learn that it only manifests itself in certain people for certain reasons, then it doesn't make sense to me. They've been living in close quarters for months and should all be infected. Sure, some might be immune, but if it's just the main characters then it's unrealistic.

I also agree with that you need to develop characters before you kill them off or else nobody will care. The problem with this is that there is no clear path for the show. If they knew they were going to do this storyline, they should have introduced Tyrese and his love interest last year. The same goes for Patrick. This is why Breaking Bad was such a great show. It knew where it wanted to go and stuck to it.

The Walking Dead is creating stories as it's going along now. It's totally strayed from the graphic novel.

Also, Bev's right, the scene with the dad and girls should have been sad, but it just wasn't. I feel ashamed that I felt more emotion during the pig scene.

Not nit picky at all. I've been saying the same thing since they introduced that thread. Unless we learn that it only manifests itself in certain people for certain reasons, then it doesn't make sense to me. They've been living in close quarters for months and should all be infected. Sure, some might be immune, but if it's just the main characters then it's unrealistic.

I also agree with that you need to develop characters before you kill them off or else nobody will care. The problem with this is that there is no clear path for the show. If they knew they were going to do this storyline, they should have introduced Tyrese and his love interest last year. The same goes for Patrick. This is why Breaking Bad was such a great show. It knew where it wanted to go and stuck to it.

The Walking Dead is creating stories as it's going along now. It's totally strayed from the graphic novel.

Also, Bev's right, the scene with the dad and girls should have been sad, but it just wasn't. I feel ashamed that I felt more emotion during the pig scene.
    Me too! That scene really bothered me, but the kids grieving over their dead father didn't. And was Tyrese's love interest in his group from last season? I thought I had maybe just forgotten her or something.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

I think she was in Governorville.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I think she was in Governorville.
    You are correct. Upon thinking about her again, I remembered she was on a bunch of episodes last year as part of Gov's crew. I don't think they gave her much to do though. She obviously wasn't very memorable to me. She was actually the woman who survived the Gov after he killed a bunch of his people. She then hid under a zombie. I'm not sure why I didn't remember that.

Anyway, while confirming that she was on the show last year, I may have stumbled onto a spoiler by accident.

Spoiler:
    IMDB lists the actress, Melissa Ponzio, in 5 more upcoming episodes. That's kind of interesting. I doubt she would be playing a walker in 5 episodes and I doubt she will be shown in flashback.
    Interesting.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The scene with the kids and their dad was uncredible. Not incredible -- uncredible. Hated it.
    Raccoons hated it too.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the zombies falling through the roof in the store, that was some fantastic tension and very effective visually, but aside from that it's all very disconnected so far. As everyone else has said, we don't care enough about the Woodbury survivors because we don't know them. Unless, they are going to do some flashbacks as with Lost and Ana Lucia's crew - which was all quite retrospective.

I think we need another season 2, as slow as most seemed to find it. Because without that more charactercentric view, all you get is just people living day to day and killing zombies.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I've actually not minded the fourth season so far. Some stuff has been stupid, but overall I'm just looking to be entertained and not completely bored. I like it when the writers do stupid things because then I can annoy my husband by pointing them out while we have a post-show ciggie.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think there was any mention of Andrea. To be fair, there wasn't a whole lot of interaction between any of the characters. Especially since a large portion of the episode takes place in the woods with Rick and the crazy lady.

Getting back to the finale from last year for a second. I remember thinking that it would have been really cool if Rick and his crew set up a series of booby traps in the prison to ambush the Gov's crew. Maybe some really inventive ways to use zombies or something. Anything would have been better than a few flashbangs.
    When they flashbanged the governor and his people, they let loose zombies on them, or they lead them into an area of the prison that still had walkers in it, one of the two. I loved the way they did the raid in the finale; reminded me of Roland and his ka-tet leading the Blue Coffin Hunters et all into the box canyon and capitalizing on the element of surprise and the six 'P's (Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance) to take advantage of an undertrained assault force with greater numbers and fire power.

Just caught up on the new season and I think you are all missing the point of the people dying. It's not about us caring about them as individuals are dying, but that the stabilized life they've built is crumbling, not to mention to addresses the problems of lack of medicine and treatment so viruses are now also a major threat, we know the governor is still out there somewhere and the zombies are forming bigger groups and getting harder to contain: their way of life is threatened by many forces beyond their control.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant
    With a gap of time in the show, is it hard to imagine the characters would become closer and bond in the gap between the seasons? It was easy to accept between 2/3 they became zombie killing extraordinaires but not that they can fall in love with each other? We shouldn't need to watch a relationship bloom for an entire season so a death is meaningful, the death should be meaningful regardless on how it affects the living; you're basing your own personal connection with each individual character instead of the connection they have with each other as characters. You can watch a movie that is primarily about a divorce and connect with the problems that arises due to the divorce despite not watching an entire movie about their marriage before hand, right? It seems kind of strange that watching people get eaten by zombies, cough up blood until they die and having an entire community get levelled by disease and death and that has no impact because we don't know anything about them, can't you connect with them on a human level? That's what the show is about. The group of main characters now is comprised of strangers that met over time, connected by the fact they are humans, and alive, with a common enemy. I really don't see what knowing a person has to do with their death's having meaning. If we had to build up every death with 'This is your life' for every character, we'd be in season ten with eight deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant
    It's perfectly realistic. Patrick and the other guy were first to get sick. The virus incubates, becomes symptomatic and it kills quick, in a day or two. How can they have all of gotten sick all those months together when their was no virus until the start of the season, and not in the time before the season started? Once the virus was there, it spread extremely rapidly so yeah, it's plenty realistic.

And as for the actress who played Karen still being in five more episodes: that's the number of episodes until the mid-season break i.e. by having every cast member listed as all eight episodes, it prevents people putting two and two together.

Seasons been great so far, a step up from the first half of season three. And man, that was a fucking hell of a group of zombies they ran into. Made the herd that attacked the farm look like a boy scout troop. I like that we've gotten away from people vs. people or more rather, group vs. group, and its gotten to the nitty gritty of survival; the zombies are slowly making their way into the prison, sickness is running rampant and they are doing a good job at keeping the governor in the back of our minds. Curious to see who has been feeding the zombies. I am just hoping the zombies are viewed as a deadly threat again because everyone was so good at killing them, and they were used as weapons so much in season three, they kind of lost their intimidation. I also like how they showed how the outbreak was when it originally started: someone died, turned and it didn't take long for the zombie outbreak to rip through the cell block and it reminded the viewer - it only takes one walker to fuck some shit up.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm now two weeks behind and I really have no deep compunction to catch up.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We've been over this before here and in other places. You liked the way the finale ended. I thought it was lame and anticlimactic. That was last year. I'm done with trying to defend my opinion of why I disliked it.

I agree with that you don't need to know a character for long periods of time to care about them and the importance that person may have on the other characters, but you do need good writing. One or two good lines of dialogue and a nice exchange between characters is all that's needed. Unfortunately, this show can sometimes be lacking in that category. Even last night, some of the dialogue was uninspiring. The scene where Carol knocks over the water felt contrived and silly. Even the guy who plays Hershel delivered most of his lines in a very wooden fashion.

The other problem with not fleshing out some of these new characters is that you know most of them are just going to be zombie fodder. Don't you want to be a little surprised when one of them bites it? I'm enjoying this year, but there are some things that I think they could be doing better.

Is there anything you feel the show could work on? Sometimes I get the feeling that this show can do no wrong in your eyes.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not thatthe show can do mo wrong it just seems to me the wrong it's doing is never seems wrong to me. Everyone hated the slowness of S2, the search for Sophia and I thought it was the best the show has been. For a show likeThe Walking Dead I am far more lenient on; it's a show like Mad Men where I scrutinize over the smaller details. I do think it is a show best watched in clusters and doesn't seem to work week to week. I probably won't watch the rest of this season now until the mid-season finale airs.

Whomever is left standing from the virus of the new characters will get more attention the rest of the season. Four central characters went down last season, new ones will take their place.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly when did, Herschel get the absolutely amazing prosthetic? He barely limps!!! Did "McCleve Prosthetic's" survive the zombie apocalypse? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

After wanting to see this single shot again, it is definitely one of the most effective they have done. The car stopping, the quick glance of the shock and horror in Michonne's face, the uneasiness of Darryl and the slow camera pan revealing a group of walkers right at the front of the car and they are coming and the camera pans a little more and we see this:

Definitely the OMG moment of the show for me so far. Never have the walkers seemed more unstoppable to me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    After wanting to see this single shot again, it is definitely one of the most effective they have done. The car stopping, the quick glance of the shock and horror in Michonne's face, the uneasiness of Darryl and the slow camera pan revealing a group of walkers right at the front of the car and they are coming and the camera pans a little more and we see this:

Definitely the OMG moment of the show for me so far. Never have the walkers seemed more unstoppable to me.
    That's a "Bingo" there, Matts!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was an amazing shot. I thought that how they found themselves in that mess was kind of stupid. Michonne should have been messing with the radio. There are too many things to worry about while driving. Daryl should have been paying attention.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was an amazing shot. I thought that how they found themselves in that mess was kind of stupid. Michonne should have been messing with the radio. There are too many things to worry about while driving. Daryl should have been paying attention.
    Absolutely!! I guess they were just in a rush to get to that awesome shot.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed that the quality of the camera work and shot construction has been great since the half way point of season three and in a horror/suspense show, it really makes all the difference. The editing of Patrick attack the first person and people in other cell blocks going about their day was wicked. These are the sorts of things that make up for the average writing for me and usually improve as the show goes along: this why the final nine episodes of The Sopranos trump all previous seasons in my eyes. I hate TV shows that just film. A little shot preperation goes a hell of along way for me enjoying a TV show.

The car radio causing an accident/mishap is a horror trope but they already used it with Laurie in season two, which is bad then, but the awesomeness of the zombie shoving his way through the windshield made up for it lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As a videographer, shot composition is something I'm constantly on the lookout for. I don't think most people realize how important it is to the quality of a show or movie. Even on a subliminal level people will enjoy a film more if film has good framing in the shots. Unique and inventive composing is paramount for me. Totally agree.

This is why I love people like you and the other people on this website. You guys can appreciate things like framing a shot. I can't tell you how many people in my life who would never even notice that. Even in the work I do, people don't notice the difference until you see the work of a professional as opposed to an amatuer. The most glaring difference is not the shaky camera or even the bad lighting, it's usually a poorly composed shot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast