Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I haven't read the comic series of walking dead. Can anyone tell me how well it follows it. In truth, I think it should follow the main plot, but they should be able to add characters and small subplots without receiving criticism.
    I am going to spoiler all of this for those who aren't caught up.
    Spoiler:

The main plot is mostly intact, with a few changes, like Lori and Shane being way more involved, the whole tank part not being in the series and Glen is alone in the comics when he first finds Rick.

The two country guys aren't in the comics at all and so none of the stuff involving them directly is. None of the stuff with the racist guy attracting all the zombies, none of the stuff with them leaving him on the roof. The black guy who drops the handcuff key isn't in the series at all either. Neither is the guy who Shane beats up for how he treats his wife. None of the stuff with the nursing home is in the comics either.

In the comics, Amy dies much the same way that she did in the show, except that Andrea ends up shooting her in the head before she fully bleeds out so that she won't change into a zombie. She was also pretty flirty with the old guy Dale in the comics in order to have access to the RV before she died(which becomes sort of important later).
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    AMC is running all of them plus the new one starting in about 12 minutes...@7pmCST
    YUP!! can't wait!

A buddy of mine did bring up a interesting question...

Spoiler:
    How long do you think a show like this will last when zombies are the everyday thing?
    The zombies aren't the everyday thing... You MUST read the comics....
    unfortunately this season is only 6 episodes. But so far it looks pretty good. Not to thrilled with this weeks episode but it was still good. I need to go see if my local comic store has all the books. Never read tm before.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure exactly why, but a "The Stand" feeling jumped at me watching the last episode. I mean that in a good way, but I feel like there are some "The Stand" elements working their way into this series, which is way cool. Most especially with the build up to Merle.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight's episode was by far the weakest. I cringe.

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I disagree that it was weak, I'm on edge waiting for more, I have to know more. I have to buy the comics. XD
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

That Wildfire stuff at the end of the episode annoyed me. There is nothing even remotely close to that in the comics. You see nothing of the cause or people working to figure it out, because it is meant to be about the isolated experience of the focus group of the story. If I remember correctly, they never even go to the CDC.

There is also someone who is still alive that should have had a pretty intense death before they ever left the first camp outside Atlanta. That annoys me even more.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, like I said, I need to buy the comics. But I like that the show is different; it means the people who've read the comics don't know everything that is going to happen next, and the people who have never read the comics have two different universes to immerse themselves in; because when they do that, that's how I look at it, it's a different version of the same story, but it doesn't have to be the same to every last little detail. It gives me more that way. I dunno, just me.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, it looks like it's going to be two different stories with the same characters. More along the lines of Desperation and The Regulators than anything else.

OchrisO if you're thinking of the same person i'm thinking of, and I'm sure you are, I am wondering how they're going to deal with it. I was expecting it to come today, but they fooled me. Hopefully, they'll keep to that part of the story somehow, but I really don't expect it.

As for the whole CDC bit, I'm a little disappointed, but it may also add a new element to the story.

In truth, I really don't expect anything with the scope of the comic series. There's simply no way a television program budget could deal with the sets that would be needed to do the tv show to match the series. So I expected the show to be in the spirit of the comic, but not a whole lot more than that. What I am finding though, is that there is a lack of chemistry so far within the characters. Maybe it's the lack of key scenes that have not been in the TV series, maybe it's just the translation onto the tv medium. What I am seeing is a show that moves very fast, the comic reads very fast as well, but focuses more on action than how the group is dealing with the situation.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris, I'm with you on that (about the intense death). My brother pointed out to me though that it's the kind of thing that can happen anytime during the comics, but that would make more sense in a season finale or premiere for the TV series. So. Maybe It'll work out that way?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Actually, it looks like it's going to be two different stories with the same characters. More along the lines of Desperation and The Regulators than anything else.

OchrisO if you're thinking of the same person i'm thinking of, and I'm sure you are, I am wondering how they're going to deal with it. I was expecting it to come today, but they fooled me. Hopefully, they'll keep to that part of the story somehow, but I really don't expect it.

As for the whole CDC bit, I'm a little disappointed, but it may also add a new element to the story.

In truth, I really don't expect anything with the scope of the comic series. There's simply no way a television program budget could deal with the sets that would be needed to do the tv show to match the series. So I expected the show to be in the spirit of the comic, but not a whole lot more than that. What I am finding though, is that there is a lack of chemistry so far within the characters. Maybe it's the lack of key scenes that have not been in the TV series, maybe it's just the translation onto the tv medium. What I am seeing is a show that moves very fast, the comic reads very fast as well, but focuses more on action than how the group is dealing with the situation.
    Yeah, I think we are thinking of the same person. Ever since I heard there would be a TV series I wondered if they will actually go through with the person dying the way he does in the comic. I thought we might get it tonight as well and was pretty disappointed when we didn't. I hope this person doesn't become like Lafayette in True Blood just so they can avoid having to kill them the way the comic does. It is such a jaw dropper in the comic and I would hate to see them take it out.

The CDC thing feels like the scene in The Stand so far. I'm ok with some changes, and the ones they have had so far and the extra characters haven't bothered me too much, but this CDC thing annoys me a lot because I think it takes away from the isolation of the group and that constant feeling of having no idea what happened or what is going on, which to me is a huge part of the comic. All they ever know about is what is within a few miles of where they are at any given time. I am afraid that this will bring some explanation and such in and ruin that feel.

As for the chemistry, I think you are right. There definitely isn't a good connection between Rick, Carl and Lori like there is in the comics. In the comics I feel so much for that family and their hardships and that isn't coming across as much in the show as I think it should. They have done a somewhat better job with making be feel for Dale and Andrea, but again not as well as the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Chris, I'm with you on that (about the intense death). My brother pointed out to me though that it's the kind of thing that can happen anytime during the comics, but that would make more sense in a season finale or premiere for the TV series. So. Maybe It'll work out that way?
    Yeah, that is kind of what I expect. If it happens in the season finale it looks like it might hae to happen in the CDC compound, because the scenes from next week all seemed to be there. If they make it happen as it happens in the comics I guess I could forgive the setting of it. I'm not at all sure they will go through with it, though.

If they do go through with it, the lines had better be delivered exactly as they are at the end of issue #6. It is such a heartbreaking scene and doesn't need any tampering.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the comics, but I actually think it's good that they aren't following them. If you think about it, if they did you really wouldn't have much to think about! I also think that them adding big events like the CDC journey is good because I would feel it added to the story, and not detracting. I still think last night's episode was bad though. No real spoilers below.
    I am so mad at how Shane is acting, but I kind of feel for him. I was very angry with Lori for obvious reasons, but I feel she should be forgiven. I love Glen! My favorite is Daryl though, super love him. I'm really glad it's not totally focused on any one person.
    I also hope that the black guy that helped Rick out in the beginning comes back. He is an incredible actor! Can do without his son though.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't decide how I feel about them not following the comics. Part of me thinks it's a good thing, because (like someone else already said) it'll keep everyone guessing, not just the people who haven't read the books. But then the other part of me knows that the comics are so unbelievably enjoyable, I don't want them to mess any of their awesomeness up. Either way, I really like the cast and the feel of the show, and I have faith that it'll be good whether they follow or not.

However, I'm with haunted.lunchbox about the guy Morgan's son. That kid was rough.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

I think the CDC stuff detracts from the story, rather than adding to it, because it takes away from the whole idea that the story follows a fairly isolated group of people that has no idea what is going on. That is an important part of The Walking Dead for me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With apologies to others, I think this episode was one of those necessary ones you have to endure in order for the main story to continue. I have no idea regarding the comics, but so far I am loving the slant on an old genre.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the comics, and with that said...

I don't think the CDC part detracts from the history, i agree with the statement: "the story follows a fairly isolated group of people that has no idea what is going on"; but, as far as we know, the guy in the CDC is isolated too, he doesn't know anything, he is just working to know what happend (and lost his samples)

About the PERSON who should have died.... I really hope they follow the comic in that one, specially the way this PERSON died (is more important than the dead to me)

About Morgan and Duane Jones....
    Only people who have read the comic

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw a clip on the Walking Dead website about the next episode, and it doesn't sound too much like they are learning anything that isn't obvious. You should check it out.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Anyone think of Desmond in the hatch when they saw the guy in the CDC? And the door opening at the end made me think of Close Encounters!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very similar, except Desmond was man enough to hang tight for 3 years until he decided he may whip out his gun.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally my thoughts, too, Bev about the Hatch. The guy in the CDC even kind of looked like Clancey Brown.

I'm a huge fan of the comics and I'm still really enjoying the show. I know it's deviated quite a bit, but I'm still currently digging it and I'm curious to see what happens in the CDC. What the heck was going on with Andrea in the scenes for next week??

As for character development, in the comics, you tend to feel a lot more for Rick at first, but I'm finding myself really more interested in Andrea and Dale on the show right now than I am in Rick. They've done a good job with giving some depth and background to Andrea and Dale. I hope they continue to do this for the rest of the characters.

Spoilers for those who have not read the comics, because this hasn't happened on the show yet:
    Spoiler:
    I, too, really hope Shane dies soon and that Carl kills him. That was such a moving part in the comics.

Also, I hope Dale and Andrea hook up and that they make it to the prison eventually. Other than that, I don't mind the show changing stuff, I just really want to see these things especially.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I've never read the comic, so I'm watching this without expectation. I agree that the guy looked like Clancey Brown at times, too!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how legit this is , but ...

Entire Walking Dead Staff Fired

As a reward for their success, The Walking Dead's show-runner Frank Darabont has fired his writing staff. Because their ratings were too good? Always weird when that happens! Darabont might not hire a new staff for next season.
    Source.

Thoughts ?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't make any sense... none whatsoever.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait, what?! No way... that's so weird.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If you read some of the comments from that blog, it /looks/ like Darabont wasn't happy with the episodes written by the writers (he wrote the first 2, Kirkman wrote 3 & 4, and the writers wrote 5 & 6) ... it would appear that he wants the writing responsibilities to lie solely with Kirkman and himself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast