Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Andrew Lincoln looks like the actor that plays in In Plain Site. That witness protection show on USA. Or maybe it's TNT? I watch too many shows.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I thought the first episode was excellent. I can't wait till next week.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. It was most awesome! Loved the upper torso crawling across the park; wish I'd had it for my yard on HALLOWEEN.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Agreed. It was most awesome! Loved the upper torso crawling across the park; wish I'd had it for my yard on HALLOWEEN.
    that part was creepy and sad. I also would love to have something like that for my front yard.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a few more hours till Walking Dead
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait. I love Sundays.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

As opposed to saturdays you think are fridays?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Those are the worst.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I just watched the premiere of this last night and now I can't wait for tonight and the next episode!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

They strayed from the comic quite a bit this week. It was still awesome, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea they did. It was still great though. Glen is the man. I don't mind them straying from the comic, but I am hoping they don't
    Spoiler:
    make it too out of control with Shane and Lori.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Yea they did. It was still great though. Glen is the man. I don't mind them straying from the comic, but I am hoping they don't
    Spoiler:
    make it too out of control with Shane and Lori.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, the comic makes it seem like they only got together the one time on the way to Atlanta.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

They strayed from the comic but I like what they did with tonight's episode. And I loved Andrea in it. I like her character. Shane, however, I want to kick in the head.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Half the people on the episode aren't even in the comic. haha. The racist guy and the guy who gets wounded are completely new characters.

Andrea seemed quite a bit different than the comic character. I don't really like her because of that.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like she's kind of acting the way Andrea acts way later in the comic. Who knows. Maybe it'll all make sense in a few episodes. I hope they don't change her too much, she's one of my favorites. I'm loving the guy who plays Rick, though. I loved in the beginning of the comic how likeable he was, and the actor's doing a great job of showing that, IMO.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I am loving this show. I am so glad it's not on HBO or Showtime!! I hope it lasts awhile. The only thing I was a little indifferent about was how they started it like 28 days later.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Renewed for a 13-episode second season. I think it's great!

Poor Laurie Holden -- stuck in a grocery store with creatures in the mist trying to get in, and then stuck in a department store with creatures trying to get in. I'm never going shopping with her.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Andrea seemed quite a bit different than the comic character. I don't really like her because of that.
    I agree.

I am excited it got picked up for another season! Does anyone know how many eps there are going to be in this one?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice High_Desert_Gunslinger is on a distinguished road High_Desert_Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    I am loving this show. I am so glad it's not on HBO or Showtime!! I hope it lasts awhile. The only thing I was a little indifferent about was how they started it like 28 days later.
    We talked about that a bit in the previous pages of the thread and I mentioned my reasoning for why it likely starts that way.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So I finally got around to watching Walking Dead. I really enjoyed it, and I was super excited that the guy from Jericho was in it... I can't remember his name in the show or real life but he was the black guy with the son. He is one of my favorite actors! He was incredible in Jericho, and I can tell he will be good in this as well.

Spoiler:
    So I know this is going to sound dumb but I am really upset and can't get over how his partner is hooking up with his wife. I know it's like the end of the world and I can't really blame them, but come on... they were really good friends! This is probably not something I should be stuck on... but I am.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    So I finally got around to watching Walking Dead. I really enjoyed it, and I was super excited that the guy from Jericho was in it... I can't remember his name in the show or real life but he was the black guy with the son. He is one of my favorite actors! He was incredible in Jericho, and I can tell he will be good in this as well.

Spoiler:
    So I know this is going to sound dumb but I am really upset and can't get over how his partner is hooking up with his wife. I know it's like the end of the world and I can't really blame them, but come on... they were really good friends! This is probably not something I should be stuck on... but I am.
    You're not the only one...

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post

Spoiler:
    You're not the only one...
    This should definitely be on the list of things no longer allowed to be shown or said on tv or in the media, like... smoking cigarettes, or the word gay... there was sarcasm in there that typing may not be able to convey.

My Mood
    Amused

Spoiler:
    Ya I liked Jericho and that guy was cool in Jericho. There is another movie or tv show I saw him in and I think he's a good actor. Also I can't wait until this next episode with Norman Reedus from The Boondock Saints playing the racist guys brother.

Spoiler:
    I can't wait until they all meet up. However, I don't think the other guy (friend/police partner) is a very "good" guy. I don't think he is going to be cool when his friend strolls back into the picture

Oh yes, and I haven't seen the motion comic...or comic book if there is one, so some of my stuff is based on if I was someone that didn't see every little insider to a tv show (like Heroes..and the webisodes).

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    We talked about that a bit in the previous pages of the thread and I mentioned my reasoning for why it likely starts that way.
    I missed that, but I'm not complaining really. I'm more thinking originality than anything. I was just talking to my friends how all the movies coming out are almost all sequels or re-makes. No one really has any original ideas.

Well, the main point was that Kirkman was likely already writing TWD before 28 Days Later came out, given the publishing cycle of comics and the fact that he likely had to ply it around comic cons and stuff for a while before Image even decided to publish it. The first issue of TWD hit shelves less that a year after 28 Days hit theaters. I think it is likely that both authors thought of the opening independently, or were paying homage to an old show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast