Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

They were close enough that they could have been thought of independently, just because Kirkman was probably writing it for a while before the first issue was published.

28 Days later came out in the UK in November of 2002.
    The first issue of The Walking Dead was published in October 2003.

So, roughly a year's difference, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things, given how print cycles work and how long it takes to get something on the shelf after it is accepted to be published.

It is also entirely possible that it was an homage to 28 Days Later, or to something earlier like The Day of the Triffids, which I believe is what 28 Days Later was paying homage to with that scene.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

only a few hours left!!!!!!!!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Also resident evil 2 started with Alice waking up in an empty hospital(well maybe not so empty as there were zombies no one saw there.)

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    Also resident evil 2 started with Alice waking up in an empty hospital(well maybe not so empty as there were zombies no one saw there.)
    And they say there's no originality among zombie movies.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight!!!!! Woot!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My biggest problem with people waking up in hospitals during a zombie apocalypse is that...do zombies feel empathy for and only people in comas? How do they just sit there for weeks untouched and how are they not only still alive after no care and attention but they would be covered in bed sores and their own feces and urine! I demand realism in my zombie movies!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

So, I am curious, how many of you are watching The Walking Dead because you are fans of the comics and how many are coming to the series fresh, without having read the comics first?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching because of the comics, otherwise I probably wouldn't be watching it to be honest. It is AWESOME so far though.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    So, I am curious, how many of you are watching The Walking Dead because you are fans of the comics and how many are coming to the series fresh, without having read the comics first?
    I don't read comics so fresh for me.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thumbs up so far!!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

I really enjoyed it!

It actually followed the comics very closely, even though Kirkman has said in interviews that there will be changes and things to keep the comics fans surprised.

That episode was roughly the first 1 1/2 issues almost exactly, though.

Country
    Country Flag

With some significant changes in the story and timeline, but nothing so far that has changed the story itself. I enjoyed it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sundays are now bloody nights....Walking Dead and Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    With some significant changes in the story and timeline, but nothing so far that has changed the story itself. I enjoyed it.
    I didn't really notice any timeline changes. He leaves his hometown in Kentucky at the end of the first issue, after one night with Morgan and his son and then is at some random place on the way to Atlanta with no time reference at the beginning of issue two, then in Atlanta by halfway through that same issue.

The shootout where he is wounded was quite a bit different. That and the fact that they made Morgan and Duane way more distrustful of him at first, and the whole part where he hides in the tank for Glenn to find him were the only big changes that I saw and those are very minor. It is almost frame by frame from the comics for the most part so far. That won't always be the case, as Kirkman has already admitted, but I am not sure what timeline changes you are referring to.

Country
    Country Flag

As I said to the changes in the story,
    Spoiler:
    significant (the tank could be bigger in the future or it could be a nothing, but the helicopter was a HUGE thing to me as it shows there is someone around) but not changing the story, but the timeline changes I refer to are mostly in the revealing of Shane and Lori this early. I know it won't affect the story but it certainly defused some suspense that was well built by Kirkman.

I don't think the helicopter will mean anything. I think that it just residual from when the shit hit the fan in Atlanta.
    Spoiler:

I don't think Glenn will be in it or anything. At least, I hope not. That was surely him on the radio, though. You actually see abandoned tanks and military stuff in the city when Rick and Glenn go back into the city looking for guns later in the comics.

You pretty much get the Shane and Lori thing in issue three anyway, when Dale tells Rick that they have been getting close and that he wouldn't trust him around his wife. It doesn't blatantly come out until issue 6(when he snaps and carl shoots him), but I guess I didn't really see it as much of a change since it all happens so quickly anyway. I expect that they will meet up with the group next episode and Dale will probably make reference to it in that episode.

Country
    Country Flag

That makes sense, and I think you're right. I think the TV show did that just to relieve some tension more than anything, and create a little more elsewhere. The helicopter though... I just don't know.
    Spoiler:
    The revelation of the helicopter was such a huge part of the story later on, but now I just don't know. Somehow, I thought it worked better with him feeling all alone in Atlanta and then having Glenn show up. I think it's possible the helicopter could be a bigger part than we think.

I LOVED the way they played out the Atlanta scene though. That was really good. I'm sorry that they seem to have gone with a hybrid of the superfast 28 Days Later zombies and the ultra slow Romero zombies. It makes sense somewhat, but I like the thinking behind the ultra slow ones. They keep coming at you like the tide rolling in, forever coming non-stop. it just seems creepier somehow.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really want to read this thread, but in my country the release date is tonigh...... I'm so excited!!!
    And tomorrow in NatGeo, Zombie Apocalypsis!!!
    Ah, and I'm fresh!!! I had never read the comics (not that i don't want to do it...)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

watched it last night
    ssoooooo good!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sigh. It's on a channel we have to pay extra for over here.

Never mind. I'm sure I'll catch it at some point.

I've read some of the GNs. I quite enjoyed them, although some of the soap opera stuff irritated me a bit. That's mainly a taste thing though.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I have not read the comics (I can't afford another addiction to a series at this time) but I thought the show was awesome.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone missed it because of Halloween shenanigans or what have you, The Walking Dead premiere is OnDemand already!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I have not read the comics (I can't afford another addiction to a series at this time) but I thought the show was awesome.
    *gasp*

You live close enough to Kentucky that you are bound to have a friend who has the whole series and wants to sleep with Kirkman's beard. Borrow that shit immediately!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I haven't read the comics. I know I know

I finally saw the first episode last night and loved it. LOVED it. They showed previews for the season and am I'm so excited. Frank Darabont did a brilliant job with writing and directing, imo.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED the first episode. I'm gonna try looking at my local comic story to see if they have all the books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast