Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

best .gif ever. haha I finally caught up with ALL of the graphic novels. New story comes out around Christmas...it'll hold me over until the show resumes. With the Sophia drama behind us I'm confident the TV story will progress rather quickly, ideally spotlighting more of Daryl as we move onto other exciting story lines aside from the farm drama. The fact that one episode this season revolved around removing a zombie out of a well they couldn't have possibly drank from anyway just blows my mind.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I've read 25 issues of the comic, which isn't much, but it's enough to say a big "F you" to the writers for what they are doing to Andrea on the show. People hate her character, which makes me sad. She's supposed to be so much more badass than she is, and not as bitchy. For real.

I've also heard that there is a Darabont veteran who requested to be written out after Darabont left, so we're gonna be losing someone soon. I hope to Gan that it isn't Dale, because that would pretty much ruin everything.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Dale from the comics, but TV Dale gets on my damn nerves

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Aww, I still like TV Dale, even though he's hardly ever up top keeping watch like he's supposed to be. They did make him too nosy regarding other peoples' bidness, though.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Plus,
    Spoiler:
    he should be all up in Andrea by now. All. Up. In. It.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Dead

I know, right? I don't like that they've kept Shane around instead. I like Jon Berenthal and all, but come on, now.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if they're going to give him a more redemption oriented path to follow. I'm sure they're going to keep him around for a while longer though; he's a stark contrast to Rick's character, the harsh realist versus the dangerously optimistic do-gooder.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I wonder if they're going to give him a more redemption oriented path to follow. I'm sure they're going to keep him around for a while longer though; he's a stark contrast to Rick's character, the harsh realist versus the dangerously optimistic do-gooder.
    I wonder how they are going to deal with how Rick actually becomes the harsh realist in the story with Shane already filling that role.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I wonder how they are going to deal with how Rick actually becomes the harsh realist in the story with Shane already filling that role.
    It's simple really....they will take care of this with more "BUG" eyes!

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Exactly. Shane and Daryl are filling the role that Rick ought to be taking, and that irks me. By this time, Rick should already be the cold-blooded realist of the group -- he should already be starting to lose his shit. I hope they figure out a way to kill Shane off, and soon. Oddly enough, I'm cool with Daryl, but probably only because I like Norman Reedus and am happy to see him in a successful recurring role.

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is just a reminder for everyone to read the graphic novels haha Volume 15 was the best Xmas gift ever, can't wait to see what direction the show takes in 2012.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

As soon as I buy the things I need to get I'll be buying the books and volume 15.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So what did everyone think of last night's episode?

I was a bit frustrated, I feel like this show is so close to being on the verge of greatness, but keeps dropping the ball somehow. However, I really loved the whole scene in the bar. The tension that was building during that scene was amazing. I also love that actor who Rick shot first (not sure his name but he played Rene on True Blood), he's so damn good at being casual, yet menancing at the same time. Someone get that guy roles where he doesn't get killed off.

Other comments:

- Daryl calling Lori "Olive Oyl" = awesome!
    - I can't wait for Dale and Andrea to be more amazing, like in the comics. Please, producers, please?
    - I watched the first 15 minutes of Comic Book Men to catch the scenes from next week's episode. I wanted this show to be good, but it was not. Was it ever not good.

Oh one other thing I noticed, but I may be reading too far into it (Comic spoilers):

Spoiler:
    Towards the beginning of the episode, Lori and Carl are sitting on the ground talking about Sophia being dead and right when Carl is telling Lori that Rick did the right thing and that he would have shot Sophia too, Shane appears very obviously in the background between them, walking towards them. It seemed to me like it might be a bit of creative foreshadowing of things to come if they stick with the comics version of Carl shooting and killing Shane. Like I said, I may be reading too far into that scene, but it immediately popped in my head when I saw it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I was a bit frustrated, I feel like this show is so close to being on the verge of greatness, but keeps dropping the ball somehow.
    I feel that way too. A lot of it has to do with the fact that they're running in place in certain aspects. I mean, do we really need a philosophical and ethical debate between Hershel and Rick every other episode? We get it, they disagree, we don't need to be constantly hammered over the head with this.

However, I really loved the whole scene in the bar. The tension that was building during that scene was amazing. I also love that actor who Rick shot first (not sure his name but he played Rene on True Blood), he's so damn good at being casual, yet menancing at the same time. Someone get that guy roles where he doesn't get killed off.
    Yeah, that scene was awesome. I love that it started off amiably enough, but as the scene marched on you could feel the tension rising. I loved Rick blasting that guy away quick draw style. This is what the show needs, more moments like that that take place outside of the barn and with new characters that can come in and mess with that false sense of complacency that has blanketed the characters up to this point.

Oh one other thing I noticed, but I may be reading too far into it (Comic spoilers):

Spoiler:
    Towards the beginning of the episode, Lori and Carl are sitting on the ground talking about Sophia being dead and right when Carl is telling Lori that Rick did the right thing and that he would have shot Sophia too, Shane appears very obviously in the background between them, walking towards them. It seemed to me like it might be a bit of creative foreshadowing of things to come if they stick with the comics version of Carl shooting and killing Shane. Like I said, I may be reading too far into that scene, but it immediately popped in my head when I saw it.
    I didn't notice that, but good call! That observation makes a lot of sense and I wouldn't be surprised if you were right on the money.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I thought TWD was bo-ring, except for the bar fight at the end. That was the only part I was entertained during. I felt like there was too much recapping and too many scenes that could have been completely cut out.

Here’s my recap:

Shane walks to the truck. Dale stands there staring at him, a pensive look on his face. Shane stares him down, then gets into the truck. Shane stares him down through the side mirror. Dale continues to stare back, pensively. Shane opens the door of the truck, and begins to berate Dale for not saying what he wants to say and for being “the moral authority.” Dale stares at Shane pensively, possibly with a hint of disgust underlying the pensiveness now. (What I said to Aaron during this scene was: He didn’t say anything to Shane because he was having a stroke the whole time.)

Carol sits at the camper table, quietly looking out of the window. Her face is touched by a hint of mournfulness. Daryl walks in, looking at Carol sadly, maybe even pensively. Carol waits about five seconds, then turns around to acknowledge Daryl. She looks at him pensively. He looks at her, pensively. He turns away. End Scene.

Maggie and Glen look at each other pensively. Maggie looks angry. Glen evades Maggie’s questions about where their relationship is heading. They look at each other pensively some more.

Lori tells Rick it’s too dangerous for him to go get Hershel. They argue. Ten minutes later Lori gets impatient because Rick and Glen aren’t back with Hershel yet. She goes and tries to order Daryl around. Daryl looks at her pensively and then tells her to do it herself. After berating Rick for going off to do something dangerous and “solve other people’s problems,” Lori gets into a car and promptly wrecks it after staring pensively at a map instead of at the road, which caused her to hit a zombie and flip her car.

SUPER EXCITING BAR FIGHT – RICK IS LIKE ROLAND. OMG!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This whole season has kinda been lacking for me. I actually thought last night was better than most of the first half of the season. And I agree with Erin, they need to turn Andrea into the awesome character she is in the books.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually really liked last nights episode too, but I'm having a hard time disagreeing with Hannah's eloquent assessment

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Lori gets into a car and promptly wrecks it after staring pensively at a map instead of at the road, which caused her to hit a zombie and flip her car.
    I was thinking that if her idiocy is any standard for what is left of the human population, we're all f**ked.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

The bar scene was epic, the rest not so much

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Cow-Man above.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For a season premiere I thought it was just Meh...I think they really need some forward momentum and kick the show back into high gear like season one. Let's see something shocking, some action, some real drama. I mean the drama at the bar was great however that was only for a very small portion of the show with the majority of the time dealing with burials and Shanes glaring and buggy eyes.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    For a season premiere I thought it was just Meh...I think they really need some forward momentum and kick the show back into high gear like season one. Let's see something shocking, some action, some real drama. I mean the drama at the bar was great however that was only for a very small portion of the show with the majority of the time dealing with burials and Shanes glaring and buggy eyes.
    Hate that this becomes truer every episode, but at least Alcatraz gets better every episode. 2 shows going in opposite directions.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the graphic novels so maybe I don't know what I am missing but I do not see why everyone thinks this season is so boring. Sure there are not hordes of zombies every minute but that in itself would get old if that was all the show had. I appreciate a little drama between people. That said, I could do without another Rick/Shane argument. Obviously they are trying to make us hate Shane as much as possible before whatever happens actually happens. I think we should give them more time to see if the slow build pays off.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rube, read the comics.

I find it boring because of the pace. Someone mentioned it earlier, but this show seems to want to move at soap opera pace, where the same conversation between two people can easily fill a week's airtime. Also, I understand this is more a show about survivors and less about zombies, but I want more zombies dammit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast