Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Negan's the best. I just hope we're getting more of him in the TV show than in the comic.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Negan's the best. I just hope we're getting more of him in the TV show than in the comic.
    I hope so. The show really needs a protagonist to step forward and be the focal point. Daryl is better as a secondary character and the same for Michonne.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

https://www.insider.com/walking-dead...isodes-2019-10

The season is great so far, with last week's (11/06) my favorite.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the episode airing tomorrow night is awesome. Negan and Beta = Love. In fact, I'm going to rewatch that montage now.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight's (Tomorrow's) episode was pretty good, but every time it jumped away from a Negan scene, I found myself getting annoyed.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's a definitely set up episode. It sets up some pretty big things, actually, for the next few episodes and beyond this season. Negan and Beta definitely steal the show though, you're right about that.

Spoiler:
    It seems everyone is getting sick because of what Gamma was doing and it's their water source that's getting them sick. I'm not sure if it's enough to kill those who are sick or if it is just a measure to weaken them and it's more like when Gabriel got sick from wearing the guts. It seems whatever makes people sick with the walker bacteria works more like venom than poison since infected weapons killed people, but getting in you in other ways isn't a death sentence. But if it is fatal then it's going to get pretty interesting in the next episode or two. And if it is fatal, then it's interesting that both Ezekiel and Rosita both have life threatening illnesses right now after they both survived the pike deaths they got in the comics.

I couldn't tell if the set up with Eugene/Rosita and her not returning to the radio later was to make it extra sad for Eugene if she dies or if it was merely a way to be disappointed before essentially meeting someone new on the radio and getting over his infatuation with Rosita. It could be either one right now, or both.

Also I'm quite enjoying Dante on the show. He's in a different role in the show than the comics, but he definitely has a very similar personality...in many ways he's a good natured version of Negan by talking too much, taking the piss too much, and being generally gregarious.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the mid-season finale. A lot of people seemed to be underwhelmed because it was a midseason finale. That leads me to not being able to understand the mindsets of people. For years, people complained that the structure of TWD meant you only had to watch episodes 1/8/9/16 and everything between the premieres/finales were just filler, and it's bad that they save all the big events for those four episodes. So now we have a relatively quiet mid-season finale that accomplishes quite a bit by wrapping up the Dante plot, setting up a Gamma turn, establishing a new character and Michonne's direction, and we get a nice little cliffhanger at the end with our heroes in trouble. I thought while not a great episode, it did everything a mid-season finale should do in wrapping up some plots, introducing new stuff, and leaving us with a pressing situation to be dealt with. I think a lot of people were expecting a major event to happen in the mid-season finale (comics readers will know what I mean). I'm glad it didn't happen though because that should be given some room to breathe. Hopefully with a little remix of events that event will still come as a shock because even comics readers won't know when to expected it, but for all we know that event simply won't happen or it will involve other characters.

Father Gabriel killing Dante was absolutely awesome. He stabbed him like 25 times. I loved it. Makes me wonder if Gabriel is going to end up dying in the second half since he's sinned now. Walker Siddiq looked great. Now, I'm not sure how far in advance Kang has conceived stuff, but in the Season 9 premiere when they go to the Museum, Siddiq has a run in with a walker with a bunch of spiders that come out of his face. We see in Season 10 that his panic attacks show a spider that was in the barn quite often, and the spiders came out of the walker, similar to how Dante's true nature came out...I wonder if it's just a coincidence or it was foreshadowing, either at the time or retroactive foreshadowing.

All in all, Season 10A has been a home run for me. A lot of people aren't super engaged in it, but it's a major slowburn storyline going on now, similar to how most of Season 9 led up to the pike deaths. It's been a half-season of set up and I expect the next half-season to have tons of payoff. I'm extremely excited for it. Judging from the preview for what is to come, they are remixing events quite a bit, which I'm perfectly fine with. Most of The Whisperer arc so far has been totally remixed while telling the same core story.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just thinking about who might die in the back half of season 10 and, if they follow the comics, there should be at least 3 significant deaths, but I imagine on the show we'll see at least 5. Some characters on the show have already outlived thier comic counterparts time with The Whisperers. Some are nearing their deaths. Some key deaths in the comics have no true equivalent so a remix will definitely be in order. But it got me thinking that by the end of the season...and it's crazy to think it...but Negan could be anywhere between 5-8 of the longest-surviving characters on the show. I figured I'd just make a little chart showing the casts current longevity. Of course some characters (Rick, Maggie, Morgan, Dwight, Sherry, Jadis) were written out of the show without dying. I also left off Oceanside since they're rarely in the show. To be honest, I can't even remember the two main girls names...

Season 1

1. Daryl

2. Carol

Season 3

3. Michonne
    4. Judith

Season 4

5. Eugene
    6. Rosita

Season 5

7. Father Gabriel
    8. Aaron

Season 6

9. Negan

Season 7

10. Ezekiel
    11. Jerry
    12. Laura

Season 8

13. Alden

Season 9

14. Earl

15. Magna

16. Yumiko
    17. Connie
    18. Kelly
    19. Luke
    20. Lydia
    21. Alpha
    22. Beta

Season 10

23. Gamma

To show just how much the show has changed, here is the order when Season 9 started (below). From the top 15 longest lasting characters, the show lost 6 of them in Season 8 with 4 dying and 2 being written out while adding 10 new characters during Season 9. When Season 10 started, only 7 pre-Alexandria characters were still on the show and only 8 pre-Negan characters remained, compared to 10 pre-Alexandria survivors and 14 pre-Negan characters at the beginning of Season 9. As it stands now there are 13 post-Negan (debut) characters (not including minor characters) on the show compared to the 8 pre-Negan characters. Just under half of the longest surviving characters on the show going into Season 10b only debuted since the Season 9 premiere.

I'm probably the only person here who finds this interesting, but man, the cast turnover in the past two years has been quite insane.

Season 1

1. Rick
    2. Daryl
    3. Carol

Season 2

4. Maggie

Season 3

5. Michonne
    6. Judith

Season 4

7. Tara

8. Eugene
    9. Rosita

Season 5

10. Father Gabriel
    11. Aaron
    12. Enid

Season 6

13. Jesus
    14. Gregory
    15. Negan

Season 7

16. Ezekiel
    17. Henry

18. Jerry
    19. Laura
    20. Jadis

Season 8

20. Siddiq
    21. Alden

Season 9

22. Earl
    23. Tammy Rose

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what happened to that post above. Some weird things have been happening when I post things with enters that don't appear while writing the post show up. Weird.

We're less than 6 weeks away until The Walking Dead returns so I wrote up a preview for the year coming in the world of The Walking Dead

Link

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The first episode back was solid.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's great that you are so jazzed for the return of The Walking Dead. The show seems to have really leveled off for most people. I barely see any sort of buzz outside of your feed. I'm sure it has its circles where it's highly anticipated, but as far as the mainstream audience - radio silence.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of the mainstreamed stopped watching during Seasons 7 and 8. A lot of people haven't seen the great rebound the show is in right now. I was so busy with other things the premiere snuck up on me. I usually rewatch the previous 8 episodes before the return, so I'm watching them after it. I'm on episode 5 of this season, and the first half of Season 10 is even better than I remember it being as I watched it. It's really a shame the show dipped in quality so much in season 7 and 8 because a lot of people are missing out on what is in my opinion the best run of the show so far....something which is even more impressive when you consider the central cast members leaving that they've had to work around.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait people still watch this baked turd?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Wait people still watch this baked turd?
    It's the best it's ever been bro.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now...
    Last bit this has been the best since the start... BUT wtf was that last night? Total trash again for me. The Negan sex scene was cringe worthy. I don’t even know what happened. I’m really hoping for a return to form next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That stuff was great. Negan and Alpha 4EVAR

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That stuff was great. Negan and Alpha 4EVAR
    That was just unneeded,unnecessary and silly. It was a real poor return... hoping for more of the better parts of late next week

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't even explain how necessary it is.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't even explain how necessary it is.
    Did this happen in the comics?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to this extent or in this specific way, and the TV show has it in a different context, but there is definitely a sexual angle. It's just a more naked version of this cover. I wouldn't suggest googling anything about it unless you want some potentially major spoilers.

Country
    Country Flag

Not to this extent or in this specific way, and the TV show has it in a different context, but there is definitely a sexual angle. It's just a more naked version of this cover. I wouldn't suggest googling anything about it unless you want some potentially major spoilers.

Ok I won’t. If it’s part of it than I can let the oddness of it slide for sure. One more question for you: do you think AMC will continue past the comics now that they have concluded?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The show will most definitely keep going. It's still got a large, faithful following. They'd have the show go forever if they can. The final comic issue, kind a self contained issue, and the final arc, centers around characters who are not on the show anymore. Even if they ended it at the same point they'd have to change so much it would lose all impact.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, episode 10 is really, really good. probably the best episode of the season so far. It's just so well put together. Some great shots. The horror is amped up nicely. Both Alpha and Beta shine in this episode. Really good stuff. It's not nearly as crazy as JSS from Season 6 (when the Wolves attack), but it has a similar vibe to at at times.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Really, nothing? Loved it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved it too, I've just been sick with not covid lol. I've got to watch the newest episode tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast