Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 151 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This was a little humourous.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Soo... did anyone realize that it's the Trashcan Man who is the new bad guy?
    You're right!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That propeller scene was the shit. I don't care what anybody says.

Mo Collins had a great line: "Soups on, get the ladle."
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where did the writers go? Honestly? Did they hire the ones that did the seasons with Negan?!? This is total B movie crap now. I’m so upset I could scream !!! Hope it changes somehow... someway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That propeller scene was the shit. I don't care what anybody says.

Mo Collins had a great line: "Soups on, get the ladle."

Yeah, my first thought was "Why would you do this...you're going to fuck up the plane" and then I was like "This better fuck up the plane or I'm calling shenanigans" and then they fucked up the plane and I was like "good". But then Strand justified trashing the plane because he helped Salazar...but he didn't really help Salazar at all. The only reason Salazar was in trouble was because he was leading the walkers back to his warehouse where he can take care of them, but they fucked up the fence getting the plane out, so Salazar had to do something different, which put him in danger so they had to help him. Outside of that, I really enjoyed the last episode. Strand and Salazar's relationship really brought the old Fear back out since that was such a key element of Seasons 2 and 3, and they have a real natural chemistry with each other. Charlie and Daniel also have a natural chemistry too and their scenes were the highlight of the episode.

I have a feeling Daniel will be gone from the show again for a little bit, but I have a feeling he'll be back before the end of the season. I would be quite fine if that for however long Fear is on, if Salazar comes and goes, but he should be in every season. Season 2 took a nosedive after Salazar was written off, and Season 4 really felt his absence, especially after Madison and Nick were killed off. I don't need Daniel to be a constant character, but if we get him for 4 episodes a season, I'd be happy.

Looking forward to getting to see what's up with Althea next episode. Seeing the guy in the armor last episode was pretty great. He was a fair bit away, but just this solid, bulky black figure just nonchalantly killing walkers had a certain creepiness to it. I guess we'll get our first true glimpse of what we'll see in the Rick Grimes movie next winter.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed last nights episode. It reminded me of the John/Laura episode from last season. It wasn't quite as good, but it was the best episode of Fear since that one. The writers on Fear do well when an episode has a smaller cast. They can tell good character stories. It gets all muddled when they have too many characters in an episode.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, today was a big day in the world of The Walking Dead. Today saw the release of the final issue of the comics, news that had just broken a few days ago. It was a bittersweet ending as it was taken away with no real warning. There is an ineffable joy is savouring what you know is the last of something you enjoy. Often these days we know we're entering the final season or the final book of a series well before we crack it open. It does cause you view the product differently. The Walking Dead Season Nine is a great example of knowing those were Rick Grimes final episodes going in gave the audience a chance to appreciate Rick's final time. It will be interesting to hear from my friend who hasn't seen season 8 or 9 and has no idea that Rick was written off the show how he's going to react when he watches Season 9 in September. For me, this sudden announcement of the end made me think Season 8 of 24, when it was announced with 8 episodes left that this will be the end of the show. But even then with 24, there was one last story arc to experience and savour, and what an arc it was! But with The Walking Dead we get one issue, a massive issue, that was 72 pages, basically three and a half issues. In truth, I wasn't ready for the series to end. I only started reading it monthly after Season 5 of the TV, so five years ago. The first issue I read as it was released was issue 144, the pike deaths, which is where we are in the show right now.

Knowing this was the last issue, I turned on Mozart's Requiem and took as much time as possible to read it. Including Robert Kirkman's letter at the end, it took me nearly 40 minutes. In many ways it felt like A New Beginning arc. There was a massive time jump for this final issue, somewhere in the vein of 20 years. After A New Beginning there is a time where you don't see Michonne 12 issues (a full year) in the comics, and people make comments as if she'd died. It was weird to have no information about where characters are, and we get that a lot in the final issue. We gradually see many characters from the comics, some are only talked about, some are only in a single panel and not mentioned otherwise. And though many things had obviously changed in the time period, there wasn't much explanation. Kirkman didn't bloat the issue with filling in the backstory of characters, what they'd done since the previous issues, or the history of their new home...if it was a new home. I think it was Alexandria, but it was hard to tell. It was an incredibly understated conclusion.

I've spent the past 9 years of my life, with the TV series and then the comics as well, wondering how The Walking Dead will end. It's not like a typical show in that regard. It could theoretically end at any time. There is no over arching story that needs to be resolved, and there's no real questions that need to be answered. If there is any arc to The Walking Dead, it was the eventual rebuilding of civilization, and the show hits on that earlier than the comics do, but that angle crept into the series much later. It wasn't until the No Way Out arc (when the walkers invade Alexandria) that the show really establishes the concept of planting roots and rebuilding. The ending was right for the story of the comics. It's an ending that will not be possible to tell on the TV show due to changes made along the way. It's not the type of ending I really envisioned for the comics, but I tend to keep possible endings vague so I'm not upset if I get something totally different. Really, I'd expected the story to go on for another 5-9 years, either wrapping up at issue 250 or 300 (which he's said for years he'd like to reach). But it was the right ending. It's hard to feel robbed of the prospect of years more story when the ending is right.

I was only along for a third of the ride, but what a ride it was. I read along with people who'd read since the beginning through the best arc of the comics, A New Beginning/The Whisperers, and the final arc which I enjoyed a lot more than most fans. A lot of fans didn't enjoy the last 20 issues or so, so maybe it's good the comics ending when people began to feel they were losing steam. It ended on a high note that I think even those fans will enjoy...but I guess I'll see for sure when I watch review videos and check out the comments in a few minutes. It's the greatest zombie story of all time, from it's scope to it's characters to the way the story evolved from a mere comic about zombies to something bigger than the genre itself. Just look at how popular the TV show was for a period. Who ever would've thought a zombie TV series would draw 13-16 million viewers for several years straight? It will be interesting to see where the TV show goes from here. If they follow the comics up until the point the comics end, before the epilogue that was 193, what will they do when there is no frame work left? AMC seems to have no plans on ending the show by season 12, which is about when it would wrap up if they follow the comics, or if they'll build to their own ending now. As I said, the comics storyline is literally impossible to tell with changes made to the show in the past several seasons. I've kept my thoughts on the final spoiler free entirely because if the show goes down this road (even if it doesn't end), it's best not to know where you're going.

RIP The Walking Dead

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Well, today was a big day in the world of The Walking Dead. Today saw the release of the final issue of the comics, news that had just broken a few days ago. It was a bittersweet ending as it was taken away with no real warning. There is an ineffable joy is savouring what you know is the last of something you enjoy. Often these days we know we're entering the final season or the final book of a series well before we crack it open. It does cause you view the product differently. The Walking Dead Season Nine is a great example of knowing those were Rick Grimes final episodes going in gave the audience a chance to appreciate Rick's final time. It will be interesting to hear from my friend who hasn't seen season 8 or 9 and has no idea that Rick was written off the show how he's going to react when he watches Season 9 in September. For me, this sudden announcement of the end made me think Season 8 of 24, when it was announced with 8 episodes left that this will be the end of the show. But even then with 24, there was one last story arc to experience and savour, and what an arc it was! But with The Walking Dead we get one issue, a massive issue, that was 72 pages, basically three and a half issues. In truth, I wasn't ready for the series to end. I only started reading it monthly after Season 5 of the TV, so five years ago. The first issue I read as it was released was issue 144, the pike deaths, which is where we are in the show right now.

Knowing this was the last issue, I turned on Mozart's Requiem and took as much time as possible to read it. Including Robert Kirkman's letter at the end, it took me nearly 40 minutes. In many ways it felt like A New Beginning arc. There was a massive time jump for this final issue, somewhere in the vein of 20 years. After A New Beginning there is a time where you don't see Michonne 12 issues (a full year) in the comics, and people make comments as if she'd died. It was weird to have no information about where characters are, and we get that a lot in the final issue. We gradually see many characters from the comics, some are only talked about, some are only in a single panel and not mentioned otherwise. And though many things had obviously changed in the time period, there wasn't much explanation. Kirkman didn't bloat the issue with filling in the backstory of characters, what they'd done since the previous issues, or the history of their new home...if it was a new home. I think it was Alexandria, but it was hard to tell. It was an incredibly understated conclusion.

I've spent the past 9 years of my life, with the TV series and then the comics as well, wondering how The Walking Dead will end. It's not like a typical show in that regard. It could theoretically end at any time. There is no over arching story that needs to be resolved, and there's no real questions that need to be answered. If there is any arc to The Walking Dead, it was the eventual rebuilding of civilization, and the show hits on that earlier than the comics do, but that angle crept into the series much later. It wasn't until the No Way Out arc (when the walkers invade Alexandria) that the show really establishes the concept of planting roots and rebuilding. The ending was right for the story of the comics. It's an ending that will not be possible to tell on the TV show due to changes made along the way. It's not the type of ending I really envisioned for the comics, but I tend to keep possible endings vague so I'm not upset if I get something totally different. Really, I'd expected the story to go on for another 5-9 years, either wrapping up at issue 250 or 300 (which he's said for years he'd like to reach). But it was the right ending. It's hard to feel robbed of the prospect of years more story when the ending is right.

I was only along for a third of the ride, but what a ride it was. I read along with people who'd read since the beginning through the best arc of the comics, A New Beginning/The Whisperers, and the final arc which I enjoyed a lot more than most fans. A lot of fans didn't enjoy the last 20 issues or so, so maybe it's good the comics ending when people began to feel they were losing steam. It ended on a high note that I think even those fans will enjoy...but I guess I'll see for sure when I watch review videos and check out the comments in a few minutes. It's the greatest zombie story of all time, from it's scope to it's characters to the way the story evolved from a mere comic about zombies to something bigger than the genre itself. Just look at how popular the TV show was for a period. Who ever would've thought a zombie TV series would draw 13-16 million viewers for several years straight? It will be interesting to see where the TV show goes from here. If they follow the comics up until the point the comics end, before the epilogue that was 193, what will they do when there is no frame work left? AMC seems to have no plans on ending the show by season 12, which is about when it would wrap up if they follow the comics, or if they'll build to their own ending now. As I said, the comics storyline is literally impossible to tell with changes made to the show in the past several seasons. I've kept my thoughts on the final spoiler free entirely because if the show goes down this road (even if it doesn't end), it's best not to know where you're going.

RIP The Walking Dead
    This was a great heart felt read brother... thanks for writing it so well. I really would love some spoiler tags and in that why you think it’s impossible to do.... and do they ever explained what caused the issue of the dead walking? I really need/want that... not sure why... but I do

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought when they were at the CDC in Atlanta, the scientist there said if was a virus.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I thought when they were at the CDC in Atlanta, the scientist there said if was a virus.
    well we knew that... I mean how/where/why...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    well we knew that... I mean how/where/why...
    Plants. All viruses start with plants. Animals eat the plants, people eat the animals.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The virus is never explained because Kirkman never wanted to explain it. In terms how people became infected, it's in everyone. So either it was always in humans and it was never triggered until the apocalypse, or it infected everyone pretty much at once and the was no noticeable event that caused it. I've always liked to think that kids born after the apocalypse aren't infected and won't turn when they die, because that allows for the threat to phase out.

As for the show not being able to do the same ending, a lot of that has to do with narrative changes and characters dying or being written out of the show. If they did the same general ending, it would have to be told entirely differently and the impact would be gone.

Country
    Country Flag

Who wants to bet that AMC will milk this tit as long as they can and not end it when the comics do?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm way behind on reading the comics, but I can understand why they ended them the way they did. I could imagine an uninformed reader of the comics getting a real punch to the gut when they got to the end.

It's unfortunate that since I'm not up to date, I won't have that same reaction, but that happens. I saw the original Planet of the Apes decades after it was released and years after the famous scene on the beach became ingrained in pop culture. Knowing the twist going in doesn't take away from the film, but man I wish I could go back in time and watch it without knowing. People must have had their minds blown. Especially back then.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So will Alicia die now or will they pull one of those "Glen under the dumpster" tricks?
    Is Morgan still carrying his now infected with radiation stick around?

Country
    Country Flag

This is HANDS DOWN THE WORST season of any Walking Dead yet. It is almost unwatchable..... what a fall from GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is HANDS DOWN THE WORST season of any Walking Dead yet. It is almost unwatchable..... what a fall from GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still enjoying it.....but what the hell do I know, B.A.P.S. is one of my top ten favorite movies! Also, stopped watching TWD after the Glen under the dumpster thing...

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually think that the series has gotten back on track after two dismal years. I love what they are doing with Alpha. I am enjoying it quite well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I actually think that the series has gotten back on track after two dismal years. I love what they are doing with Alpha. I am enjoying it quite well.
    I agree! Walking dead is the best it’s been in awhile. I’m talking about Fear the Walking dead that’s on now. Do you watch it?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree! Walking dead is the best it’s been in awhile. I’m talking about Fear the Walking dead that’s on now. Do you watch it?
    Ahhh, I get it. Yeah I do, and I really was enjoying the the first five or six episodes, but then the
    Spoiler:
    plane
    . Really?

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, I get it. Yeah I do, and I really was enjoying the the first five or six episodes, but then the
    Spoiler:
    plane
    . Really?
    Yeah... not sure I get this season. Or the point of it. Excited to the next season to come back and see how the show finishes off the Whisper arc
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't been super enthused about Season 5 of Fear...but the second half looks extremely fucking promising...might want to hold back watching the trailer until the mid-season finale, but...it's trailer time! Only reason to care about San Diego Comic Con is Walking Dead news!

The Walking Dead Season 10 trailer - Hot Diggity FUCKING DOG!!! This trailer just tickles my balls.

Fear The Walking Dead Season 5B Trailer - I gotta say, I haven't been this excited by a FTWD trailer since the S4 trailer, and then probably the S1 launch trailer.

Rick Grimes Movie Teaser Trailer....now coming to THEATRES?

Details on the third series

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ng-dead-series

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping that Fear The Walking Dead does more of Althea's tapes. It's a great storytelling opportunity they haven't really tackled yet.

Country
    Country Flag

I know I keep saying it but, Fear is the better show.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't agree with that. I'd argue Season 3/4 of Fear were better than 7/8 of TWD. Season 4-6 of TWD were better than Seasons 1/2 of Fear, and Season 9 of TWD is so far much better than 4/5 of Fear. I thought Fears style of storytelling was more interesting than TWD, but it's really fallen off in the past 16 episodes after a great run of 24+ episodes. I like that Fear is a traveling show, from LA to the ocean to Baja and Tijuana, to Arizona, to Texas and Mississippi. It doesn't linger too long on any place, with any conflict.

The biggest problem with Fear is that it no longer has a Rick Grimes to bring it together. Nick was the first person we see, and Madison took charge, and Travis was the moral compass. Chris was the one who was going bad in the apocalypse. Alicia didn't really have a role in the family and now she doesn't really have a role in the show. Fear made a big mistake when it killed Madison. It's funny that for the first three seasons, all I read were people complaining that they hated Madison and since she's been gone, everyone wishes she were still around. She functioned well as the glue. She worked well with every character when you think about it. Her bond with Strand felt authentic. Her relationship with Daniel brought out a softness in Daniel. She worked well with her kids, with Travis, with the characters at the ranch, with Charlie and the Vultures.

I can't help but imagine how if Madison were around that these new characters would feel fully integrated, that scenes between her and Morgan, John Dorie, Dwight, Althea...would all work really well. Instead it's really felt like oil and water as the show has struggled to form natural bonds between the old cast and the new cast...the only character who has bridged it all well is John Dorie with both Morgan and Dwight. Charlie and Salazar are the first mix of old/new Fear Characters that have a natural connection. Luciana has seemingly zero relationships with anyone outside of once knowing Nick. I like her as a character, but she adds nothing to the show in terms of character dynamics.

I'm just hoping we find out Madison got out of that baseball diamond somehow and returns...it will make Fear work so much better. I know it will. Alicia works best as a supporting lead. Morgan doesn't work at all as a lead. It needs Madison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 151 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast