Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I stopped at season 6. I feel like they just stretched out the story lines too much. Did Negan need 2 full seasons? Did the governor? They are great characters, but my god did they over stay their welcome; IMO anyway.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I didn't expect ratings to jump back up this season. But WOM has been very strong. Many people have called this the best season of the show. I think a lot of people won't watch Season 9 until Netflix gets it in September. I would be shocked if we didn't see a spike in ratings come Season 10. I don't think it will ever get back to the heights of season 4-6, but I can see them getting back up to 7-8M people. I sure hope people come back because Season 9 was the best season of the show imo...and when you consider they had to write out two of the lead characters in the first half and totally rework the source material...it's quite an accomplishment. The people working on the show deserve to get an audience rebound after their effort in Season 9.
    I guess what I'm talking about is people like my aunts. My fucking aunts watched this show. Now when I talk with them they say that they bailed a few years ago.

I don't think the show will ever reach that phenomenon status where little old ladies were watching ever again.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No, probably not. I know a lot of people were turned off by the beginning of season 7. It was just way too graphic for them. I never understood it, but that's a big thing with a lot of people.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, probably not. I know a lot of people were turned off by the beginning of season 7. It was just way too graphic for them. I never understood it, but that's a big thing with a lot of people.
    When you have a show as popular as The Walking Dead was, you are naturally going to shed those fans that watched because it was the thing to do. They are usually people that are outside of the main demographic.

The same thing happened to LOST. My mom was a few episodes behind on LOST and she asked me and my sister what was in the hatch and we told her it opened up into New York City. Then we forgot to tell her that we were just fucking with her. She never went back to it because it was too weird. Honestly, she's better off because my sister and I weren't that far off. The show, while fantastic, really leaned into the sci-fi elements.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    When you have a show as popular as The Walking Dead was, you are naturally going to shed those fans that watched because it was the thing to do. They are usually people that are outside of the main demographic.

The same thing happened to LOST. My mom was a few episodes behind on LOST and she asked me and my sister what was in the hatch and we told her it opened up into New York City. Then we forgot to tell her that we were just fucking with her. She never went back to it because it was too weird. Honestly, she's better off because my sister and I weren't that far off. The show, while fantastic, really leaned into the sci-fi elements.

Most big shows follow that trend...they balloon in viewership in the middle and then lose viewers until it ends. It's different with some shows these days, with the ease of access to catch up shows. Breaking Bad is a big example. It didn't break 3M viewers until the final season, and only averaged around 1.8M for most of it's run. The final 8 episodes though were between 6M and 11M. If Walking Dead can get viewership back in any substantial amount and keep them, they might be the first show to actually have a second ballooning period, albeit smaller than the first one. People keep asking why The Walking Dead isn't cancelled, and it's because it's still one of the highest rated TV dramas, most of which have trouble breaking the 1-2M per episode in viewership. Homeland is entering it's 8th and final season and has never gotten viewership over 2.5M for a single episode and only averages 1.6M per episode. Most TV dramas would kill to average 5M per episode like TWD this season. Unless you're one one of the big Networks, you're not getting much viewership, which is a shame, because the dramas on big Networks are usually crap.

That's funny about LOST too lol. Opening up to New York City haha. I do think LOST probably shed some viewers during the Sci-Fi oriented stuff in the second half of the show, but I love it from start to finish. A lot of the criticisms levied at the show that I hear aren't really founded either, like the fact they never answered any of the mysteries when few actually went unanswered.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Or the thousands of people that still insist the entire thing was a dream. They clearly weren't paying attention.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot woot, y'all talkin' 'bout LOST!?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Or the thousands of people that still insist the entire thing was a dream. They clearly weren't paying attention.

Christian Shepherd taking literally five minutes to explain
    Spoiler:
    that it wasn't all a dream, or they weren't in purgatory the entire show
    clearly wasn't long enough. They needed to devote a two part episode to it.

The worst is when you say that isn't the case and someone else calls you an idiot for not getting it lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering if Cohan comes crawling back now that Whiskey Cavalier got canceled.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering if Cohan comes crawling back now that Whiskey Cavalier got canceled.
    No question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched a few episodes because Cohan is a babe! Great reason to watch, uh? Not so much. The show was terrible. Was interesting to see Tyler James Williams cast along side her. Too bad he gotten eaten in that other show.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I watched a few episodes because Cohan is a babe! Great reason to watch, uh? Not so much. The show was terrible. Was interesting to see Tyler James Williams cast along side her. Too bad he gotten eaten in that other show.
    I thought it was enjoyable for a network show. The character interactions were good and it had a Mission: Impossible vibe.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know Kang was writing this season with Maggie returning in mind. Probably not until the second half.

Fear The Walking Dead starts up next Sunday.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know Kang was writing this season with Maggie returning in mind. Probably not until the second half.

I haven't seen a whole lot of promotion for the upcoming season.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That doesn't really surprise me. I don't think there would be much in the way of value marketing when Game of Thrones is dominating TV discussion for weeks.

I think core Walking Dead fanbase though is getting pumped up for it as TWD is really starting to reach a fever pitch again in the community. Even people that weren't planning on coming back for Fear Season 5 are going to check it out. The most recent issue in the comics was a massive one and demand got so high Skybound had to reprint like 20,000 copies and ship them out, so interest in the comics hasn't been this high for a couple years...at least since the fallout of The Pike Deaths...with the comics taking a big shift. The Season 10 trailer for TWD will be shown at Comic Con in less than 2 months. Details/Teasers on the 3rd series plus the first Rick Grimes movie will be trickling out after that.

First impressions of Fear Season 5 are pretty strong it seems, as it says in this spoiler free review of the first 4 episodes.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#ee18e3556ca9

I think come September/October, I think The Walking Dead could become really talked about again. I think Word of Mouth will bring a lot of people back who will watch it on Netflix when it's released in September and Season 10 should see a sizeable spike in ratings.

The ratings for the back half of Season 9 didn't seem strong at first, but The Walking Dead consistently dominated each week when it came to Live+3 ratings (ratings that include DVR viewings in the first 3 days after airing), usually taking an episode that had 4.5M viewers up to about 6.5-7M. I wouldn't be surprised to see Season 10's Live+3 viewership for Season 10 to be in the double digits.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen a whole lot of promotion for the upcoming season.
    I've been seeing quite a few commercials for it while watching Killing Eve. Great show btw.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the Premiere was fine. Did a good job of setting up what is to come. Nice to see Daniel Salazar back because he's great and one of the best characters on either show. Rick Grimes connection at the end. Early reviews said from the first four episodes, each episode gets more interesting than the one before it, so I'm excited for what is to come.

I'm still hoping that Walker and Crazy Dog come back to the show too. It would be cool if they were in this community where Salazar is, which is plausible considering they were at the dam too.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the Premiere was fine. Did a good job of setting up what is to come. Nice to see Daniel Salazar back because he's great and one of the best characters on either show. Rick Grimes connection at the end. Early reviews said from the first four episodes, each episode gets more interesting than the one before it, so I'm excited for what is to come.

I'm still hoping that Walker and Crazy Dog come back to the show too. It would be cool if they were in this community where Salazar is, which is plausible considering they were at the dam too.
    I missed the Grimes connection.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I missed the Grimes connection.

There was a logo on the papers and cards that Al was investigating at the end, the same logo that was on the helicopter that took Rick away.

I highly doubt we're going to see Rick in Fear or even have any mention of him outside of him being brought up by Morgan or Dwight. I'd estimate that Fear in the timeline is still about 6 months before Rick got in that helicopter.

Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha. Completely missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was such a LET DOWN from the last season. Totally B stuff I thought. I rolled my eyes more than I have in a LONG time with the TWD universe. I love these shows but man... you acutally liked this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I said, it was fine. It's job was to set the table for what is coming and it did that well enough. The zombie stuff at the beginning was good...some cool looking zombies in the episode. I like that the 'villain' isn't really a bad guy and just wanted his property back, which he has the deed for me, and took it without violence. I'd read early reviews and they said the premiere was fine and then it starts to get really good so I was expecting an episode like that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I personally had no issues with it.

Country
    Country Flag

I still think it's become the better show of the two.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Soo... did anyone realize that it's the Trashcan Man who is the new bad guy?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast