Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'm excited for Sunday. The look the finale looks great. Hoping we get more than one winter episode of The Walking Dead, but I don't know if they could make one in May down in Georgia. I'm going to savour it though if it's just one.
    I was wondering if it ever got to be winter in that universe. Especially when they moved up to Virginia.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm excited for Sunday. The look the finale looks great. Hoping we get more than one winter episode of The Walking Dead, but I don't know if they could make one in May down in Georgia. I'm going to savour it though if it's just one.
    I was wondering if it ever got to be winter in that universe. Especially when they moved up to Virginia.
    Like Matt mentions, the shoot schedule and location makes it impossible for them to have winter episodes without having to create it artificially, which is too bad.

I think there are a bunch of cool things they could do with winter too. It would also break up the look and feel of the show a bit.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was that a season finale? Can someone please tell me how you do such an AMAZING season... and then send us off with that? WOW... I was like... THATS IT?

Can someone explain what was being said on the radio? Why was Alpha getting cut? Im lost... lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Was that a season finale? Can someone please tell me how you do such an AMAZING season... and then send us off with that? WOW... I was like... THATS IT?

Can someone explain what was being said on the radio? Why was Alpha getting cut? Im lost... lol
    I was hoping they would explain what the hell happened to all the buildings at the Kingdom. They showed them struggle with some frozen pipes I think but a couple of those roofs looked like they were hit by bombs.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was indeed a pretty weak season finale. I thought it felt more like the first episode of a new season. Maybe a mid-season finale, but no way a season finale.

Matt's absence tells me he feels the same way. I will say I thought it was really cool to see them in the winter though.

It's also cool to learn that Daryl is a fan of Die Hard 2.

As for the buildings at Kingdom, I assumed the Whisperers burned them down while everyone was at the Fair.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

That was indeed a pretty weak season finale. I thought it felt more like the first episode of a new season. Maybe a mid-season finale, but no way a season finale.

Matt's absence tells me he feels the same way. I will say I thought it was really cool to see them in the winter though.

As for the buildings at Kingdom, I assumed the Whisperers burned them down while everyone was at the Fair.
    I thought the fair was at the kingdom? Wasn't that where the movie theater was set up?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Matt mentions, the shoot schedule and location makes it impossible for them to have winter episodes without having to create it artificially, which is too bad.

I think there are a bunch of cool things they could do with winter too. It would also break up the look and feel of the show a bit.

They did create all that snow artificially. They built a big indoor set for all the outdoor stuff, and it makes sense you don't really see any of the communities or any established landmarks during the episode so they could get away with it. I don't see how they could do it for a handful of episodes without showing their hand from a production standpoint, and they did such a good job with it in the finale, I'd hate for that to be watered down further.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just haven't been online for the past few days lol

I loved the finale. It was a nice quiet episode following the big event of the previous episode. The snow really added the despair and desperation of the characters who had seemed to lose all hope. It felt like the ldylllic life they'd thought they'd just built for them selves was taken away from them immediately. Carol stole the episode. I can't wait to see what they do with Carol in season 10. Ezekiel has lost everything: his kingdom, his son, his wife. The other star of the episode was Negan. One of the reasons I raved so much about Negan for the past few years was after the war and the evolution of his character. It's even better on the TV show, and the longer passage of time in the show compared to the comics really lends to his imprisonment changing him for the better. Not only did he save Judith, which is major points with Michonne, he saved Dog too...and they're the two people he needs to get on the good side of. I was fine with a soft finale that bridges the two seasons, and pulled a lot of them themes and events of the season to a front. I even liked the idea they wouldn't have to cross through Whisperer land if Rick's bridge was there. And it was nice to see them arrive at Alexandria and play in the snow. Daryl smiled..when was the last time he smiled?

The snow walkers were great, and it was cool to see them frozen. You could feel the characters' apprehension on if those shapes in the snow were walkers or Whisperers...they'd been so whittled down by The Whisperers that they think they're actually standing around in a deadly blizzard to just to make sure they don't cross the border. The Die Hard 2 nod with the icicle was great, and it makes sense it was Daryl since he's always been good at using his environment like that.

I'm going to write a few blog posts about this season in the next week or two that I'll share here that go a bit more in depth. I liked that Season 9 as a whole was about taking the show in a new direction and changing so much of it, while also feeling like old Walking Dead...it's quite an achievement. There are tons of nods along the way to past events in the show and the comics. In the last two episodes, Carol has relived her early days in the show, and in the comics. She was again held back by Daryl upon seeing her kid dead and zombified. And through Lydia she sees a younger version of herself, with Ed, or maybe other men or her own parent(s). And she catches Lydia contemplating committing suicide by a restrained walker, which is actually how Carol dies in the comics.

Ezekiel explained what happened to The Kingdom. Things just fell apart really fast. The boiler blew and there were fires and pipes burst. I can only assume they lost whatever their power source was so they had no heat and no real way to sustain themselves food wise. I'm sure if they wanted to they could rebuild it, but it's just a way to consolidate the communities. In the comics, The Kingdom serves basically no role for the past 40-50 issues except a tiny sub-plot which went nowhere. So it makes sense to just combine them. But that was set up back in episode 6 with The Kingdom barely being held together and that was tied directly to Henry, so it's a good symbol of loss that losing Henry was basically what caused The Kingdom to collapse in the end. The season's big theme was Sustainability...that was the point of Rick's Bridge, that was the point of Alexandria's isolationism, why Maggie left to be with Georgie, and The Kingdom was the victim of a lack of sustainability. The Kingdom needed the fair, and needed trade and the other communitiesto survive...and it fell. I imagine this will carry into next season too because if The Kingdom all went to Hilltop, that would mean that their load just doubled in size. Can Hilltop sustain themselves with The Kingdom there?

They also released the trailer for Season 5 of Fear The Walking Dead. I'm hoping it rebounds strong after a middling backhalf of Season 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs37Ok6JAJE

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed that part about Kingdom and the boiler. I will have to go back and watch it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know you guys disagree, but for me, FTWD has gotten to be the better show. Two months is too long!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

They did create all that snow artificially.
    My daughter commented when they were playing in the snow that it was a "crappy snowball fight". I told her it was because all the snow was fake. You just can't make good snowballs with fake snow.

I know they film in Georgia but isn't it supposed to be set somewhere in Virginia? Do they really get snowstorms like that over there? I know we get them here in Illinois all the time.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know you guys disagree, but for me, FTWD has gotten to be the better show. Two months is too long!!
    I don't disagree with you.

Although this past season of TWD was good.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Season 3/4 of Fear were better than Season 7/8 of The Walking Dead, but Season 9 of TWD killed it. I can say it replaced edged out Season 4 of my favourite season of the show, especially when you consider they had to write out the lead and a major supporting character in Maggie and Carl was killed off last season, so The Whisperer plotline was missing it's 3 biggest characters, but they found a way to not only pull it off, but in a way that has outdone the comics. Bringing Beta in earlier was a great decision. He isn't even mentioned in the comics until Alpha shows Rick/Daryl the massive storage of walkers they have and Alpha says "Every Alpha needs a Beta" and you don't see Beta for nearly 1 full year after that.

Season 5 of Fear looks quality and their fumbling their way to bridge 4a and 5a looks to be just a temporary thing as I figured it would be. The music near the start of the trailer is awesome. The percussion reminds me a lot of LOST where they used pieces of the fuselage from the Pilot episode throughout the series. And the shot at 2:33 is just beautiful. Maybe the best shot from either series.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess the whole community thing of TWD is getting boring to me. I liked it more when they were a small group doing what they had to do to survive. Probably just my anti-social tendencies. What I liked most about FTWD last season is the nomad feel that the early TWD had. But things evolve like they would in any situation and I guess the point is to bring people back together to form some sort of society. You know, so they can all form clans and kill each other because of each other's beliefs. Little to no Walker threat. Let's turn on each other. Amazing we've survived as a species when you think about it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess the whole community thing of TWD is getting boring to me. I liked it more when they were a small group doing what they had to do to survive. Probably just my anti-social tendencies. What I liked most about FTWD last season is the nomad feel that the early TWD had. But things evolve like they would in any situation and I guess the point is to bring people back together to form some sort of society. You know, so they can all form clans and kill each other because of each other's beliefs. Little to no Walker threat. Let's turn on each other. Amazing we've survived as a species when you think about it.
    I'm with you on that.

Since they found permanent residence, the show has fallen into the inevitable cycle of - group of bad guys are discovered, bad guys terrorize our heroes, battle ensues, rinse and repeat.

The vagrant style of the early seasons will never be topped in my opinion.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you on that.

Since they found permanent residence, the show has fallen into the inevitable cycle of - group of bad guys are discovered, bad guys terrorize our heroes, battle ensues, rinse and repeat.

The vagrant style of the early seasons will never be topped in my opinion.
    Agreed. And now With the Commonwealth arc coming.... it’s gonna be a soap opera now. Instead of expanding the show (as another show has been announced) they should be finding an end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to see what's going on in another country.

Country
    Country Flag

Me as well.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the biggest thing with doing another country is language. For it to feel authentic, it would need to be mostly in another language. I don't think most people would go for a subtitled TV show.

I don't think them still being on the road would be good necessarily. I think people would then say the show hasn't grown or evolved. Realistically, survivors gathering into communities and planting roots would be the best way to survive. Strength in numbers, sustainable source of food and all that. Daryl can only hunt so many squirrels.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Train to Busan is on Netflix. Same thing. Just rename it Train of the Walking Dead and you're good.

Country
    Country Flag

Daryl can only hunt so many squirrels.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So the base details we know about the third Walking Dead series sound interesting.

- It's based around two female characters.
    - It's a coming of age story about the first generation of kids born after the apocalypse, like Judith.

- I assume the characters will be between 12 and 16, and the story will take place about 3 years after where TWD currently is
    - They're filming in Virginia, though I'm not sure if it takes place in Virginia
    - First season will be a 10 episode run.

- Long-time writer Matthew Negrete is showrunner. Like Angela Kang, he's written some of the best episodes of the show.

- The first episode will air after TWD Season 10 finale, and should end when Fear Season 6 starts.

My thoughts:

I think it's a great idea. I hope that it's not involved with the current shows at all, and I ESPECIALLY hope we don't see any characters from the current shows because not only will that create headaches for the writers to keep continuity together, not to mention if say Daryl shows up in it, we know he can't die in TWD, which saps any scenes with him in danger of any possible tension. It will be interesting to see a show focused on youth and how kids see the world. It's been hinted at as well that we could see one of the two characters become the villain, so that would be interesting too. I like that it's only 10 episodes. I think Fear is a show that can benefit from being shorter too, but I think TWD, when it's done right, works quite well with 16 episodes...then again, I tend to love the "filler" episodes that focus on the characters and don't advance the plot, which I know puts me in the minority. Season 9 only had one episode that I think you could consider filler, which was episode 7 and mostly focused on introducing the audience to Magna's group.

2020 is going to be a massive year for TWD. Season 10 ends. Issue 200 of the comics will be happening next Februrary. The first Rick Grimes movie is out. The third series starts. And Fear Season 6, provided it goes another season, will happen. I think my overall excitement for 2020 will depend on how good Fear Season 5 is. I have high hopes based on the trailer. Having Negrete as show-runner, and someone who has been involved with The Walking Dead for over half of it's run, should help it a lot, as opposed to the Fear showrunner from Season 1-3 who came from outside the show. And of course, Season 10a had better be as good as Season 9 of TWD, but with Kang at the helm, I'm not worried at all. She's fantastic.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Train to Busan is on Netflix. Same thing. Just rename it Train of the Walking Dead and you're good.
    I love Train to Busan. I would watch Train of the Walking Dead in a heartbeat.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So the base details we know about the third Walking Dead series sound interesting.

- It's based around two female characters.
    - It's a coming of age story about the first generation of kids born after the apocalypse, like Judith.

- I assume the characters will be between 12 and 16, and the story will take place about 3 years after where TWD currently is
    - They're filming in Virginia, though I'm not sure if it takes place in Virginia
    - First season will be a 10 episode run.

- Long-time writer Matthew Negrete is showrunner. Like Angela Kang, he's written some of the best episodes of the show.

- The first episode will air after TWD Season 10 finale, and should end when Fear Season 6 starts.

My thoughts:

I think it's a great idea. I hope that it's not involved with the current shows at all, and I ESPECIALLY hope we don't see any characters from the current shows because not only will that create headaches for the writers to keep continuity together, not to mention if say Daryl shows up in it, we know he can't die in TWD, which saps any scenes with him in danger of any possible tension. It will be interesting to see a show focused on youth and how kids see the world. It's been hinted at as well that we could see one of the two characters become the villain, so that would be interesting too. I like that it's only 10 episodes. I think Fear is a show that can benefit from being shorter too, but I think TWD, when it's done right, works quite well with 16 episodes...then again, I tend to love the "filler" episodes that focus on the characters and don't advance the plot, which I know puts me in the minority. Season 9 only had one episode that I think you could consider filler, which was episode 7 and mostly focused on introducing the audience to Magna's group.

2020 is going to be a massive year for TWD. Season 10 ends. Issue 200 of the comics will be happening next Februrary. The first Rick Grimes movie is out. The third series starts. And Fear Season 6, provided it goes another season, will happen. I think my overall excitement for 2020 will depend on how good Fear Season 5 is. I have high hopes based on the trailer. Having Negrete as show-runner, and someone who has been involved with The Walking Dead for over half of it's run, should help it a lot, as opposed to the Fear showrunner from Season 1-3 who came from outside the show. And of course, Season 10a had better be as good as Season 9 of TWD, but with Kang at the helm, I'm not worried at all. She's fantastic.
    Well, we are going to find out real quick if people are over The Walking Dead franchise. I think it's interesting that they are continuing to expand the universe while fan interest (among mainstream audiences) has waned. I think the spinoff has to be careful. For me, it needs to be wildly different in tone and in storytelling than TWD and FWD.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't expect ratings to jump back up this season. But WOM has been very strong. Many people have called this the best season of the show. I think a lot of people won't watch Season 9 until Netflix gets it in September. I would be shocked if we didn't see a spike in ratings come Season 10. I don't think it will ever get back to the heights of season 4-6, but I can see them getting back up to 7-8M people. I sure hope people come back because Season 9 was the best season of the show imo...and when you consider they had to write out two of the lead characters in the first half and totally rework the source material...it's quite an accomplishment. The people working on the show deserve to get an audience rebound after their effort in Season 9.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast