Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 151 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I wonder why they say "you are not where you belong"..... last nights episode was one of the most frightening of any of the Walking Deads since the beginning. To see the Walkers become scary again to our characters was plain awesomeness. The set piece in the graveyard... was perfection. The way the Walker ducked and the looks on their faces? I watched it again it was so well done. It is too bad we didn't have this writing and style for the last 30 some shows!! I am very excited to see where this goes. Mattrick... how long do the Whisperers last in the comics? Are they still around?

ALSO.. is anyone else DYING to know what happened over the last 6 years? What happened to the communities? Michonne cannot even have HER weapon inside Hilltop? Six years is A LONG time... I cannot wait to find out what happened and I like that they are not just giving us the info.

The show feels new, fresh. Even friends of mine that have stopped watching are starting to watch again. Keep in up Walking Dead... glad to see you back and on fire
    When the Whisperer plotline ends is hard to say as Kirkman starts blending the next story with the end of the Whisperer one. I'd say they last about 40-45 issues, so it took over 3 years to play out. though the plot's end in the comics is a little underwhelming, and I think they can do it better on the show than they can in the comics. To compare it, the entire Negan plot was about 30 issues, and they released All Out War on an accelerated (12 issues in 6 months) so that story took just under 3 years. Funny thing is that they stretched out the Negan/Savior story to nearly two and a half seasons on the TV show, and The Whisperer Arc, which is much longer, and a slower burn which needs to be told a little slower, will probably wrap up by the end of Season 10, though it might bleed into 11.

They've actually already started planting seeds for the next story as well. They started last season, actually. They were planting seeds for that before they did their Whisperer tease in the Season 8 finale, which made some people think they might skip The Whisperers altogether...which might have been enough for me to stop watching the show, since I love this story so much. A lot of Walking Dead comics readers adore this story as well.

As for what happened between the communities, in the preview for the next episode there is a shot with old looking Michonne...not sure if it's between 8/9 in a flashback, or if it's even further back than that. I have a feeling they will show some flashbacks over what happened over the course of the back half of this season, which would make narrative sense. It's strange this new take, because in the comics, all of the communities are working together and living in harmony, and the fair is happening at Alexandria and is meant to be a reward for progress. Now, with the communities apart, it seems that the fair is Ezekiel's attempt to bring the communities back together again. And to make things even stranger, the only group that wasn't fully onboard with the other communities were The Saviors, who felt like outsiders, at The Sanctuary...but in the show The Sanctuary isn't even around anymore. A big part of The Whisperer story is The Saviors reluctance to help the other communities out with The Whisperers.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder why they say "you are not where you belong"..... last nights episode was one of the most frightening of any of the Walking Deads since the beginning. To see the Walkers become scary again to our characters was plain awesomeness. The set piece in the graveyard... was perfection. The way the Walker ducked and the looks on their faces? I watched it again it was so well done. It is too bad we didn't have this writing and style for the last 30 some shows!! I am very excited to see where this goes. Mattrick... how long do the Whisperers last in the comics? Are they still around?

ALSO.. is anyone else DYING to know what happened over the last 6 years? What happened to the communities? Michonne cannot even have HER weapon inside Hilltop? Six years is A LONG time... I cannot wait to find out what happened and I like that they are not just giving us the info.

The show feels new, fresh. Even friends of mine that have stopped watching are starting to watch again. Keep in up Walking Dead... glad to see you back and on fire
    I'm with you on wanting to know about the past. Michonne and Daryl have these weirdly matching scars on their backs that I want to know about.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

I'm with you on wanting to know about the past. Michonne and Daryl have these weirdly matching scars on their backs that I want to know about.
    Oh Daryl does too? Missed that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I first thought Michonne's scar was due to some conflict, and was why Alexandria was so cautious. But with Daryl having one, I wonder if it's more a branding they gave each other. It is by where Rick was hurt before he went missing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE end of the world books, movies and shows. I found it fitting to post here that Robert Kirkman is doing another Apocalyptic show. It is called 5 years. The show will only be 5 seasons and is about a meteorite that is speeding towards earth with no way to stop it. As the world breaks down... it follows a season over the course of a year. Not much else is known but I can tell you this... I cannot wait.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I LOVE end of the world books, movies and shows. I found it fitting to post here that Robert Kirkman is doing another Apocalyptic show. It is called 5 years. The show will only be 5 seasons and is about a meteorite that is speeding towards earth with no way to stop it. As the world breaks down... it follows a season over the course of a year. Not much else is known but I can tell you this... I cannot wait.
    That sounds like an interesting premise.

It would answer the old question about what you would do if it was your last day on earth and you knew there would be no repercussions. But for everyone on the planet at the same time.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Come on! You've got 5 years! Figure it out!

Spoiler:
    I'll be watching
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Spoiler:
    I'll be watching
    4 words - Oil drillers in space.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Spoiler:
    I'll be watching
    Training takes 4 years and 11 1/2 months. You know, for dramatic purposes.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/12/...ng-in-season-5

Now, I expected Daniel Salazar to return to the show at some point since he wasn't directly killed off and his fate was left open, and he was one of the highlights of a that really good third season. Troy Otto was also one of the highlights of that really good third season, but I'm not sure about him coming back. He looked pretty goddamn dead. He had a hole in his skull and the last we saw of him the water from the dam was rushing over him. I guess they could explain that he was just unconscious and the dam water washed him away, but that's kind of iffy. The way Troy had been shown to be killed was great, even though a lot of FTWD fans were upset over the fact he was killed and haven't shut up about it for the past 15 months. Madison finally putting Troy down like a rabid dog was one of my favourite parts of the season.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely awesome teaser trailer for Alpha.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A nice little creepy teaser trailer

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to give credit to AMC. They've been killing it with these teaser trailers. I hope they don't release a full one. Give us a few more trailers like this that don't really show anything, or nothing more at all. I'm about as hyped as I could be.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

24 hours to go!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty stoked as well. Can't believe it's back already.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You ruined it, Brian! I was going to post a GIF of crickets considering Matt is the only person who has posted in this thread for 2 months.

Besides Matt in this thread, I've heard zero hype from anyone about WD returning. The show is officially not a thing anymore, I'm afraid.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The fanbase is pretty hyped up, especially those who've read the comics. We're getting Alpha's debut in a matter of hours! More excited for this than I was for Negan's debut, and I love Negan.

It's a shame people are falling away from the show now that it's having a resurgence. It's season 4/5 level good for me right now, and that was the height of the show's quality.

And I must stress for non-comics readers to avoid reading or watching anything about The Whisperers. No doubt the probable Season 9 finale moment will be ruined. A lot of people aren't even trying to keep what happens a mystery...even those who don't go into specifics ruin it by just saying the event.

Country
    Country Flag

I can’t wait!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The fanbase is pretty hyped up, especially those who've read the comics. We're getting Alpha's debut in a matter of hours! More excited for this than I was for Negan's debut, and I love Negan.

It's a shame people are falling away from the show now that it's having a resurgence. It's season 4/5 level good for me right now, and that was the height of the show's quality.

And I must stress for non-comics readers to avoid reading or watching anything about The Whisperers. No doubt the probable Season 9 finale moment will be ruined. A lot of people aren't even trying to keep what happens a mystery...even those who don't go into specifics ruin it by just saying the event.
    The die hards are always going to be hyped. I'm talking about the average joe. My aunts used to talk about this fucking show.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I positively loved that episode. They did exactly what I was hoping they would do with Negan, in him going back to The Sanctuary, realizing it was abandoned, as if he'd never ruled over it with an iron fist, and then going back to Alexandria. All the Negan stuff was so well done. The shot of him sitting at the head of the table was the cherry on top for me. And I wasn't sure what we were getting after a few episodes, but I have to say, the actress playing Judith did a fine job in this episode. Her two scenes with Negan were the definite high points for me.

A little bit of misdirection for comics readers when it comes to Rosita. It hasn't been expressly said in the show, but in the comics Eugene and Rosita are together, and he loves her, and she loves him, but not in the same way. She has an affair with Siddiq and is pregnant with his kid. I thought they were doing Gabriel instead, but nope. Clever on the writers behalf.

Daryl shooting the walkers in the legs to see if one was a Whisperer was clever. That should be a tactic they employ during this arc, and there is a lot of inventive ways to take advantage of the fact Whisperers are alive to tell them apart. You know what I would love? If someone found a FLIR thermal camera or scope, and used the body heat to tell them apart during some skirmish in the future.

It's hard to tell exactly what the girl playing Lydia will be like as an actor, but her character in the comics is solid, so I hope the character is done justice.

This was an episode where not a whole lot happened, but everything seemed to serve a purpose, and set up a story, and I can't think of much in the way of wasted screen time.

And of course, we got to see Alpha's debut at the very end of the episode. I was hoping we'd see more of her this episode. But considering how much I enjoyed this episode, knowing I still get to see Alpha's real debut next week...I'm giddy. It's just a shame that The Saviors basically got 3 seasons for their plotline to play out, and Rick got his 5 episode send off, and The Whisperer arc will probably be wrapped up by the end of Season 10, unless they stretch it out to finish in 11A. What makes the story so good is the nice slow burn.

This episode was Issue #135. Next weeks is #138.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only two episodes left. I don't want it to end. I hope the quality of season 3 means that there will be a season 4.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure you posted in the wrong thread lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure how that happened. I didn't even click this thread. Fear not, there are more than two episodes of WD left.

Country
    Country Flag

You ruined it, Brian! I was going to post a GIF of crickets considering Matt is the only person who has posted in this thread for 2 months.

Besides Matt in this thread, I've heard zero hype from anyone about WD returning. The show is officially not a thing anymore, I'm afraid.
    Oops, sorry about that I'll watch to the bitter end I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Haven't read the comics so thanks for the advise!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 151 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast