Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The show is now better than Fear and the best in years! Thoughts on why they wanted to talk to Negan at the end???

I don't think their intention is to talk to Negan so much as execute him. It seems Daryl and Maggie have had enough of trying Rick's way.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The show is now better than Fear and the best in years! Thoughts on why they wanted to talk to Negan at the end???

I don't think their intention is to talk to Negan so much as execute him. It seems Daryl and Maggie have had enough of trying Rick's way.
    ahhhh got ya. I thought something totally different. I think we have two episodes of Rick left... who wants to bet he gets taken in a helicopter?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think the helicopter is how they'll be writing Maggie out for the rest of the season. I'm still convinced that Rick is going to die. I think if they don't kill him now, it will be a total cop out, and I think AMC has learned enough from the backlash not to mess with their fans like that. I know Lincoln said, "My relationship with Rick Grimes isn't over", but that can mean a lot. It could mean him returning for flashbacks, coming back to direct like he is next season, or merely that a part of him will always be Rick Grimes.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still think the helicopter is how they'll be writing Maggie out for the rest of the season. I'm still convinced that Rick is going to die. I think if they don't kill him now, it will be a total cop out, and I think AMC has learned enough from the backlash not to mess with their fans like that. I know Lincoln said, "My relationship with Rick Grimes isn't over", but that can mean a lot. It could mean him returning for flashbacks, coming back to direct like he is next season, or merely that a part of him will always be Rick Grimes.
    I will bet neither die. They state the series will go for A LONG time more.. so why kill them if they may come back? I think it would be a bad planning move on AMC's part. Never know, actors that think grass is greener on the other side... may wish they had some doors still open. Rick G IS the Walking Dead in the comics.. so I would think they would want him back if they could... so leave that door open.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless Rick gets bitten and the people in the chopper are people looking for living, but bitten people to test and he goes with them, and we find him in the future...fine. But I don't see how they could both leave and both be alive. Maggie will most likely go to where Georgie is, and we'll see her pop up again in a season or two. I don't think having a question mark lingering over people's head if Rick is alive or dead for a couple years will sit well with the fanbase, especially if we don't get any answer in the next 25 episodes. There is also the actors returning this season to film scenes...I have to imagine it will be a situation similar to Tyreese in Season 5 when he was bitten and had the fever.

Country
    Country Flag

Unless Rick gets bitten and the people in the chopper are people looking for living, but bitten people to test and he goes with them, and we find him in the future...fine. But I don't see how they could both leave and both be alive. Maggie will most likely go to where Georgie is, and we'll see her pop up again in a season or two. I don't think having a question mark lingering over people's head if Rick is alive or dead for a couple years will sit well with the fanbase, especially if we don't get any answer in the next 25 episodes. There is also the actors returning this season to film scenes...I have to imagine it will be a situation similar to Tyreese in Season 5 when he was bitten and had the fever.
    Valid points... be neat to see how it all goes down... that is for sure. It would be awesome to have Rick bitten, go in the chopper and be cured. See him like 8 years down the road when they wrap it up.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, even without the chance of him being cured...it would be cool if Rick gave himself to the chopper people to exchange for supplies, which brings the communities together finally, and he goes out sacrificing himself in a way which helps everyone prosper and start to heal. I'd be fine with that. That's how I'd write it, anyways. A little corny, maybe, but with the current story, Rick going down has to mean something to everyone to halt the unrest and rally everyone together.

Country
    Country Flag

Now, even without the chance of him being cured...it would be cool if Rick gave himself to the chopper people to exchange for supplies, which brings the communities together finally, and he goes out sacrificing himself in a way which helps everyone prosper and start to heal. I'd be fine with that. That's how I'd write it, anyways. A little corny, maybe, but with the current story, Rick going down has to mean something to everyone to halt the unrest and rally everyone together.
    I take it we need the groups all on the "same Page" to take on the next baddie eh? I hope this is done good. Hated the Governor and not a huge Negan Fan... BUT his scene last week was good... wish he had better dialogue is all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think JDM has done a fascinating job, considering the comic version of Negan drops on average 4 F-bombs a panel. But Negan only gets more fascinating as the issues tick alone, and more and more of him is unravelled. Like if you popped in Negan from episode 704, and then Negan from episode 810, they are very different in just presence alone. He basically just gets more and more human as time passes. He's an asshole and he's always been an asshole, but the Negan we first met is actually the product of someone who only ever tried to keep people alive, no different than Rick.

The new villains are great. And I do hope the show follows the Fair arc at the beginning of the next story, probably the second half of this season if they do it. They are nothing like The Governor or Negan. I'd say they have more in common with the Terminus people and The Wolves than any of the big bads.

The fair in the comics is basically Rick's idea to bring the communities together, basically a reward for everyone for everything they've done. The region is relatively walker free, so they can all go outside the walls and erect some fairgrounds. We saw in Season 7 Michonne and Rick stumble across some fairgrounds, so they might transport some of that stuff over for it (they also mention the fair in the 'future' intro of Season 8). I imagine they are going to have the fair, and what better reason to have a fair than to honour The Grimes Family?

Country
    Country Flag

I think JDM has done a fascinating job, considering the comic version of Negan drops on average 4 F-bombs a panel. But Negan only gets more fascinating as the issues tick alone, and more and more of him is unravelled. Like if you popped in Negan from episode 704, and then Negan from episode 810, they are very different in just presence alone. He basically just gets more and more human as time passes. He's an asshole and he's always been an asshole, but the Negan we first met is actually the product of someone who only ever tried to keep people alive, no different than Rick.

The new villains are great. And I do hope the show follows the Fair arc at the beginning of the next story, probably the second half of this season if they do it. They are nothing like The Governor or Negan. I'd say they have more in common with the Terminus people and The Wolves than any of the big bads.

The fair in the comics is basically Rick's idea to bring the communities together, basically a reward for everyone for everything they've done. The region is relatively walker free, so they can all go outside the walls and erect some fairgrounds. We saw in Season 7 Michonne and Rick stumble across some fairgrounds, so they might transport some of that stuff over for it (they also mention the fair in the 'future' intro of Season 8). I imagine they are going to have the fair, and what better reason to have a fair than to honour The Grimes Family?
    That is awesome! Thanks for the info. I love when you post a pic that relates (like Gregorys death) to the show from the comics like that... so cool. I don't read them and never have... not sure why.. just too much else to read!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll try and post some when they're relevant. The last few seasons were so remixed it was kind of hard to do without spoiling something. And I'd definitely avoid googling panels unless you want some MAJOR spoilers. It would be one thing if you read the comics through.

This was the end of the war with Negan in the comics.

Spencer's Death

http://i.imgur.com/ZsLVjTU.jpg

Just click on that one...too big to post.

Abraham's Death, which went to Denise instead.

Eugene biting Dwight in the twig and berries.

Rick taking Dwight's non-gunked up bolt during the attack on Hilltop, in the show it was Tara.

A cool picture that shows the remix of the Holly death from the comics with Sasha. In the comics, Holly broke through the gates (to avenge Abraham) so the walkers could surround The Sanctuary, but she was captured. She is then returned to Rick with a bag over her head, and it's pulled off to reveal she's a walker and she bites Denise, and Negan attacks in the confusion, so the show really flipped that around, with walker Sasha surprising Negan and allowing Rick and Co to get an advantage.

And some from No Way Out..Jessie being attacked and Rick chopping off her hand, Carl being shot, and zombified Jessie which we don't get in the show. In the comic, Ron is the only son of Jessie and is eaten, and it's Douglas, who was Deanna in the comics, who panics with a gun and shoots Carl as he's being eaten. Deanna actually takes Morgan's death from the comics...Morgan's return to the comics in Alexandria is kind of short-lived in the comics. Show handled it much better.

That's most of the biggest moments from the past few seasons. I'll try and remember to post some comic panels/pages as we go along. This is my favourite story after all.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Am I missing something? There was an exchange during last night's episode between Maggie and Daryl in the woods where Maggie refers to her dad as Hershel. She doesn't call him dad, which is odd to me. Whenever I refer to my dad, I call him dad. I don't use his first name.

Did the writers forget that Hershel is Maggie's dad?

Her son is named Hershel. Maybe you misheard the context. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I thought last night's episode was great. I've really got to write my reviews...I've just been busy with other things. I just realized there was a south park last week. They changed their dark weeks on me! They've been after episodes 3/6/8 for the past five years.
    Yeah, I must have zoned out or something. That was my bad.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

One of the best episodes ever. Man they should have hired this writer years ago. Dammmmm. This better not be how Rick goes either. So good.... keep it up Walking Dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the best episodes ever. Man they should have hired this writer years ago. Dammmmm. This better not be how Rick goes either. So good.... keep it up Walking Dead!

I'm not sure if you mean the actual writer of this episode, but she wrote a few previous episodes. The new showrunner has been on the show almost since the beginning. I was excited when it was announced she was talking over since she'd written some of my favourite episodes. She just writes great dialogue and understand character motivations...which is what really was missing from the last two seasons, especially season 8.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure if you mean the actual writer of this episode, but she wrote a few previous episodes. The new showrunner has been on the show almost since the beginning. I was excited when it was announced she was talking over since she'd written some of my favourite episodes. She just writes great dialogue and understand character motivations...which is what really was missing from the last two seasons, especially season 8.
    Yeah I mean her. She rocks. You can “feel” the difference this season and it’s awesome. I just hope that’s not how Rick goes.... I really want the door to be left open for him someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good episode, but they still miss silly things.

"How are we going to divert this massive horde!?"

I don't know, how about you lure them into that enormous man-made pit that you just escaped from.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That wouldn't really work because there were two herds. They'd have to combine the two herds, and then lead them back there, which would mean making a big loop since you can't go back through a herd. They'd have a similar issue with the quarry in season 6. The sound would just draw more and more. They'd have to burn them, and that would draw more too. If there was just the one here, it could be a temp solution, but with two separate herds in a crunch scenario, I don't think it would work very well.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That wouldn't really work because there were two herds. They'd have to combine the two herds, and then lead them back there, which would mean making a big loop since you can't go back through a herd. They'd have a similar issue with the quarry in season 6. The sound would just draw more and more. They'd have to burn them, and that would draw more too. If there was just the one here, it could be a temp solution, but with two separate herds in a crunch scenario, I don't think it would work very well.
    It would have worked for the herd that was passing by the hole. Rick could have gone to do whatever he's doing. Daryl could have gone on the other side of the pit and revved his engine. It would have been a quick and easy way to at the very least thin some of the herd.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I daresay that this is setting up like an Ambrose Bierce short story I teach each year, one that was made into a popular Twilight Zone episode. Lord I hope not.

Spoiler:
    Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have three predictions for tonight's episode:

1) Belt
    2) Bridge
    3) (crow)Bar

You're welcome.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that was definitely one heck of an episode. I'm just kind of glad this whole Rick Grimes thing is sorted out with. I don't mind that he's still alive and left on the helicopter. It would kind of cool for Rick to end up on Fear lol, and him and Morgan can team up again. Then again, with them wanting to expand the universe, there's talks of Netflix movies, like a Negan origin story, and I guess a story about where Rick went, setting up his return to the show, would also be in the cards now. I think the main reason I'm okay with Rick leaving the show like this is because it still fits with the narrative of the show. Rick has been linked to a helicopter since the very first episode...there was one outside the hospital, and he saw the one flying (the same one which lead the herd to the barn in Season 2), and he is one of the only people to have seen this helicopter, twice. Morales even called Rick "Helicopter Boy" when he first meets his family. The rebar went through, I'm assuming, the same spot where he was shot in the pilot. I'm not sure what kind of helicopter that was, but chances are, unless there is refueling at some point, Rick isn't going further than 250-500 miles away, though it could be a chopper with a range of closer to 1,000 miles.

But man, those shots of the flaming walkers walking off the bridge was maybe my favourite visual of the entire series...it's at least tied with this absolutely masterful long take from Season 4.

I was actually a little shocked that they did the time big time jump at the end of this episode, but I'm excited because we're finally here, starting the best story. It's cool to see Judith older now and I'm looking forward to exploring her character. She's why I wasn't too upset about Carl being killed off, because unlike in the comics, we have another Grimes kid to follow. If you saw the preview at the end, it's cool to see the glimpses of how different all the characters are going to look. The entire aesthetic of the show is about to change. Carol has long hair. Michonne's dreadlocks are different, we see Eugene kicking a little ass, Aaron has a fake hand, Jesus has his badass look from the comics (we even get a brief glimpse of him being the ninja he is in the comics), Henry is grown up, Alexandria has the windmill. It's going to feel so fresh next week, I can't wait.

Also a funny little piece of trivia...the kid who has played Henry the past few seasons was played by Mascen Lintz, who was the younger brother of Madison Lintz, who played Sophia, Carol's daughter. Not only did Carol basically become Henry's mother in The Walking Dead, but now that Henry is grown up and recast, his older brother Matt Lintz is taken over the role. So Carol's daughter and adopted son in The Walking dead have been played by three different kids from the same family.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it turns out they are going ahead with stuff for Rick after his journey. This is good. Whether or not fans don't like him leaving the show how he has, they've found a good way to write him out of the show, keep him alive, and give us some Rick Grimes story while also allowing Andrew Lincoln to spend time with his family. Whenever people complained about the 'bottle episodes' from the past few seasons, and not seeing say Rick or Darryl for several episodes, was definitely a way to give these long time stars some extra time off. The last thing anyone wants is for their big stars to get burnt out and want to leave, and on a show where they had always planned to take the series into the double digits, that was a very real concern. I don't imagine we'll see Rick back on the main show until season 11 or later.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/wal...es-1203019537/

And I expect people to be upset at the marketing AMC used, with it being Rick Grimes Final Episodes, but the news breaking didn't give them much of a choice in the matter. And if he never actually comes back to the main show, then it would be his final episodes.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, two out of three ain't bad. I tell ya though, they missed a golden opportunity for Maggie to put a zombie Rick out of his misery.

Besides the helicopter, which I was hoping and hoping and hoping wouldn't happen because it's a fucking cop out, and the mildly cringy intro to badass Judith, the episode was really great.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the helicopter is a cop out at all. It's only that way because new leaked of Andrew Lincoln's departure. They'd already written a good chunk of the season and had it all planned out well before then. They had these movies planned for a bit. Gimple has known what the helicopter meant for a bit. This has been planned for quite a while. It's not a cop out if that's the plan. Problem was the news leaked, and AMC had no choice but to capitulate and essentially spoil their own show because Lincoln was leaving. Why not promote the heck out of it? The world knows...you may as well try and make it seem like an event. And they never said he was dying. They said these were his last episodes. Plenty of hints along the way that this was the ending.

I get why someone would think it's a copout, but it really isn't. AMC was just put in a tough spot and they made the most out of it. I don't blame them at all.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I disagree wholehearted. You don't have someone who was impaled on rebar, ripped himself off of it, was bleeding out for an entire episode, had fever dreams about his dead friends telling him that it's ok to die, that he's done his part, made a huge sacrifice, was in an explosion ...

You don't have that someone go through all that just for the writers to be like, "You know what? Let him live."

That's one hell of an open ended final episode for a shows main character.

Oh, and also, hated the Negan scene. If he would have smirked at the end, proving that he was just playing Maggie, that would have been great. But they didn't do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast