Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 151 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    This show has spiraled downhill - and yet, I smile.

Walkers are irrelevant background chatter until they queue up the poor loser that somehow can’t out maneuver the incredibly slow zombie they could have killed 8 times - and yet, I smile.

They are sparing saviors that clearly are going to cost innocent lives - ones that absolutely would have been killed by Jesus, but had to create a new arc and vulnerability inside the compound - and yet, I smile.

Daryl never moves his hair out of his eyes - and yet, I smile.

——-

I swear my forehead gets bruised after each episode now. I continue to watch hoping that they’ll tighten things up a bit, but whew it’s getting tough. It’s like if James Patterson came in to finish the last three novels of the Dark Tower.
    ?? What was wrong with the last three DT novels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a thing, my analogy sucked. Basically, could you imagine if someone took over for King near the end of the DT series, how drastic the change would be. How disapointed his readership would be. Walking Dead hasn’t been perfect, but it was so much better, and for some reason these past few seasons, especially this one, feels like they brought in the backups of the backups to write and direct the episodes. Just so strange to me. I was worried I was the only one, and have been happy to read here others are seeing it too.

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Walkers are irrelevant background chatter until they queue up the poor loser that somehow can’t out maneuver the incredibly slow zombie they could have killed 8 times - and yet, I smile.

They are sparing saviors that clearly are going to cost innocent lives - ones that absolutely would have been killed by Jesus, but had to create a new arc and vulnerability inside the compound - and yet, I smile.

——-

I swear my forehead gets bruised after each episode now. I continue to watch hoping that they’ll tighten things up a bit, but whew it’s getting tough. It’s like if James Patterson came in to finish the last three novels of the Dark Tower.
    ?? What was wrong with the last three DT novels?

Not a thing, my analogy sucked. Basically, could you imagine if someone took over for King near the end of the DT series, how drastic the change would be. How disapointed his readership would be. Walking Dead hasn’t been perfect, but it was so much better, and for some reason these past few seasons, especially this one, feels like they brought in the backups of the backups to write and direct the episodes. Just so strange to me. I was worried I was the only one, and have been happy to read here others are seeing it too.

ahahhhhh ok. haha I was confused. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:-) I think I’m confused most days. Life might be easier as a Walker.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The easiest explanation for the difference in the show is that the series barely followed the comics in the first few seasons, but started following them closer in Season 4b, and have been followed them pretty closely since they arrived at Alexandria. The first 3 seasons bear almost no resemblance to the comics outside of a few things, mostly locations and a few characters. The trash people have mostly convoluted an already dense story in the comics. TravellinJack's analogy is actually backwards.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The last thing I needed. And I literally mean the very last thing, was a Eugencentric episode.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The last thing I needed. And I literally mean the very last thing, was a Eugencentric episode.
    Agreed.

WTB:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never thought this would happen to me. I've never been able to grasp how people can do something like this. Ever since I was a kid, I have always rooted for the good guys.

When it came to wrestling, I always cheered for the faces, never the heels. Game of Thrones? I've sworn my allegiance to House Stark since day one. Dark side? Fuck that noise. Jedi for life.

Not anymore. I've become one of those people that I could never understand. One of those people that shun the norm and roots for the villains. The guys who are despicable, loathsome and ultimately destined to be bested by the heroes. The Walking Dead did this to me.

I am Negan. Long live the saviors.

Since this will probably be my last post until the show starts up again, cue the slow, dramatic music:

*Cut to an extreme, extreme closeup of my face in slow motion*

* My face disappears into darkness*

Also, this was my favorite scene from last night's episode:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ LOL LOL LOL

IDK how, Eugene supposedly got the saviors out and I am quite sure that when it is revealed I won't like it and the scheme will be very lame at least. Probably along the lines of, Glen making it out of that jam back in the day!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To say I’m dissatisfied is an understatement. For a show to go from such glory days to such a slow descent into shit blows me away. Can someone who reads the comics tell me why they would kill Carl? I heard he got fired from the show... anyone know why? Can they please get Frank D back on board!!?!! Man... brutal. This used to be my fav show of all time... not anymore.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The episode was okay but to me was lacking something. There are a ton of story holes that I had trouble overlooking and some things just didn't make sense. Not killing the "widow"? Rick waltzing through Alexandria unscathed? Eugene and his miracle plan? The great disappearing Carl? The amazing Daryl and his plan...which he decided to leave from and go back home for a bit with plans to return later?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm trying to figure out what happened to Aaron and Enid at Oceanside? They had that last scene where Enid shot the woman and then they never showed them again.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just imagine what would logically occur and then imagine the opposite. The opposite is what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what happened to Aaron and Enid at Oceanside? They had that last scene where Enid shot the woman and then they never showed them again.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The story line has been weak with holes in it all season...why change now?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

To say I’m dissatisfied is an understatement. For a show to go from such glory days to such a slow descent into shit blows me away. Can someone who reads the comics tell me why they would kill Carl? I heard he got fired from the show... anyone know why? Can they please get Frank D back on board!!?!! Man... brutal. This used to be my fav show of all time... not anymore.

Getting 'fired' from the show is an inaccurate thing. He signed a contract last fall for three years, but they made the choice kill him off, which is like being 'fired', but unless he did something that they had to kick him off the show, it was just a choice they made. It does heavily affect the next storyline since Carl is right at the centre of it. Everyone on a show like The Walking Dead knows they could be killed off at any time, and just because Gimple told Riggs he'll be on the show for 3 years, because that was the length of his contract, doesn't mean he's safe from being killed off. Everyone originally on the show, to my knowledge, signed a 7-year contract, but that wasn't a guarantee to be on the show for seven years. The contract merely stipulates that they are obligated to be on the show for that long. Jeffrey DeMunn wanted to be off the show after the Darabont fiasco, so he asked to be written off, and they killed him off because of it. The same thing happened with Andrea, it was just a choice they made so Holden was written off.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The episode was okay but to me was lacking something. There are a ton of story holes that I had trouble overlooking and some things just didn't make sense. Not killing the "widow"? Rick waltzing through Alexandria unscathed? Eugene and his miracle plan? The great disappearing Carl? The amazing Daryl and his plan...which he decided to leave from and go back home for a bit with plans to return later?
    Simon didn't kill Maggie because Gregory embarrassed him with Negan. He is in charge of Hilltop so that was his call to make, but whether or not Negan approves of it is unknown. Eugene's plan will no doubt be revealed eventually. It wasn't really necessary to show it yet. Rick went through Alexandria unscathed because everyone knew Negan wanted him for himself. I'm not sure what plan of Daryl's you mean or what you mean by Carl disappearing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    HOLY SHIT! There was so much BS in that episode I completely forgot about the introduction of another story thread in a midseason finale for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Getting 'fired' from the show is an inaccurate thing. He signed a contract last fall for three years, but they made the choice kill him off, which is like being 'fired', but unless he did something that they had to kick him off the show, it was just a choice they made. It does heavily affect the next storyline since Carl is right at the centre of it. Everyone on a show like The Walking Dead knows they could be killed off at any time, and just because Gimple told Riggs he'll be on the show for 3 years, because that was the length of his contract, doesn't mean he's safe from being killed off. Everyone originally on the show, to my knowledge, signed a 7-year contract, but that wasn't a guarantee to be on the show for seven years. The contract merely stipulates that they are obligated to be on the show for that long. Jeffrey DeMunn wanted to be off the show after the Darabont fiasco, so he asked to be written off, and they killed him off because of it. The same thing happened with Andrea, it was just a choice they made so Holden was written off.

Apparently, it was Gimple's idea to write Carl out of the show. This is a proof that Gimple is one of the worst producers working today. The idea was to teach Rick a lesson and that there’s a “better way” than war.

Comic Spoiler

That was from an article in Forbes. The writer goes on to state, "Because all that definitely requires Carl’s death and is in keeping with his character. Sure. Right. If that’s true, if Gimple really made this call all on his own, then that’s totally insane, and I can’t believe a mind-numbingly short-sighted decision like that was made to...fix a minor comic inconsistency? At the cost of one of the most key characters in the entire comic? That's madness."

Link to the story: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#44563c9b62b0

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if they will pull a stunt and Carl was not but by a walker but by a human. Hahaha I can just see it

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, this show has become bafflingly terrible. Blows my mind. I mean Rick of all people, get’s Lucille from Negan, is standing over Negan, and doesn’t beat every last bit out of him? So stupid, so soap opera unrealistic now.

Also, the Carl thing, please. That kid grew up hard and is a badass and can’t take out a couple zombies? Let alone the rest of these hardened badass people that can resist, survive, and dodge dozens of bullets coming at them from other badasses, but for some reason go down from the zombie with one functioning leg limping its way toward them. Seriously?? Queue Austin Powers yelling at the steam roller 50 feet away moving 3mph.

Its amazing to watch a show, once so great, fall this short. How are people not fired?

WTB:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, this show has become bafflingly terrible. Blows my mind. I mean Rick of all people, get’s Lucille from Negan, is standing over Negan, and doesn’t beat every last bit out of him? So stupid, so soap opera unrealistic now.

Also, the Carl thing, please. That kid grew up hard and is a badass and can’t take out a couple zombies? Let alone the rest of these hardened badass people that can resist, survive, and dodge dozens of bullets coming at them from other badasses, but for some reason go down from the zombie with one functioning leg limping its way toward them. Seriously?? Queue Austin Powers yelling at the steam roller 50 feet away moving 3mph.

Its amazing to watch a show, once so great, fall this short. How are people not fired?
    To be clear, Carl did not get bitten fleeing Alexandria. He was bitten in the woods a few episodes back when he was helping that gentleman. If you go back and watch the scene, it will infuriate you even more beacause it doesn't look like a Walker comes anywhere close to biting him. Not to mention that after the scuffle, there isn't any blood or bite marks on Carl's shirt.

Sloppy stuff. Even the most die hard Walking Dead fan will have to admit that the last season and a half has been sloppy.

Country
    Country Flag

To be clear, Carl did not get bitten fleeing Alexandria. He was bitten in the woods a few episodes back when he was helping that gentleman. If you go back and watch the scene, it will infuriate you even more beacause it doesn't look like a Walker comes anywhere close to biting him. Not to mention that after the scuffle, there isn't any blood or bite marks on Carl's shirt.

Sloppy stuff. Even the most die hard Walking Dead fan will have to admit that the last season and a half has been sloppy.
    hahaha so it takes minutes to convert for some and days for others? SMH
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

hahaha so it takes minutes to convert for some and days for others? SMH
    My wife brought up a good point and I don't have an explanation for it.

So it's been pointed out many times that literally everyone carries the virus within them. So if they die by any other means, they will turn after they die.

So how does being bitten by a walker make the virus so much worse that it literally kills the person and they turn? Shouldn't they technically be immune to walker bites?

Am I missing something?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting bitten doesn't make the virus worse, there is a crapload of bacteria in their mouths so that when they bite, you get a bacterial infection and die.

And Mike, you can see what walker bites Carl and you can see blood.

This walker moves his face down right into Carl, but it they cut away so you don't actually see the bite. He threw this walker to the side and another fell on him, and this one rolls over and bites him as he's dealing with the other one.

Here he is looking down at the bite.

You can see the blood all over his plaid shirt from being bit here.

Not sloppy at all from a production standpoint, they just cut away right before the zombie bit. Compared to like the Glenn death fake out, this was handled very well. It's not as if there was no indication from Riggs that he was bit and it was a last minute thing.

As for Carl dying, I don't really care all that much. In terms of how it affects the story going forward, it's impossible to tell. Rick DOES have Judith in the show, so it's not as if he lost his only kid. What I can judge, for now, is that Carl's death was handled really well, and he made the most of his final hours. I do wonder if this means Fear The Walking Dead will actually play into the next storyline in The Walking Dead now...the Carl factor was the biggest thing saying that wouldn't happen, but now...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not surprised you were happy with the way things went down. Most people hated how the episode handled things. Also, I see blood on his flannel shirt but not on his t shirt necessarily. I also could have sworn we see that same undershirt later with no bite mark.

Country
    Country Flag

Finally a decent episode. A better start to the bottom half of the season. I hope they keep it this way, it’s been a while it feels like.

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 151 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast