Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Now, Matt, before you say anything, I understand that the Ferris Wheel represents the world's rotation and how it's come to a stop. The fragility of the structure represents how the world is falling apart. I get it, but it's still a bunch of bullshit..
    You're a straight fool, lmao.
    Did I forget to mention the deer represents innocence?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, Matt, before you say anything, I understand that the Ferris Wheel represents the world's rotation and how it's come to a stop. The fragility of the structure represents how the world is falling apart. I get it, but it's still a bunch of bullshit..

And lunch!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

And sadly the world in general destroys that innocence.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How long before (the chaps who know the comics) expect to get into what I have seen to be said.. is the best story line of all in the comics...

Spoiler:
    The Whisperers
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay.

Remember when I said that one of my problems with the show over the last few years is that some characters make more and more dumb decisions that betray who their character used to be? Well, last night was a perfect example of this.

So, Rick is killing walkers while at the Ferris Wheel ride. He's keeping up with them pretty well so they don't knock down the fence. Then. Something catches his eye. Rick then decides to CLIMB the Ferris Wheel structure. A structure that has been sitting in the elements collecting rust for years. Why did our hero do this? To shoot a fucking deer because he "owed" his fuck buddy one. Yup. That actually happened. Season 1,2,3 etc. Rick would never do that shit.

Now, Matt, before you say anything, I understand that the Ferris Wheel represents the world's rotation and how it's come to a stop. The fragility of the structure represents how the world is falling apart. I get it, but it's still a bunch of bullshit.

I've never rooted harder for Rick to die more than that moment.
    lol. For me that scene is nothing more than how confidence can be a detriment. They were so la la la about killing all those walkers and that led to Rick making a stupid choice. Even though nothing actually came of it, it all at least had some narrative weight by the end, and Michonne having to accept it was actually possible for Rick, or her, or anyone to still just be gone, due to a choice or happenstance. The throwing of the sword was cheesy, but their whole excursion, fair site and all, had a cheese factor to it, so it felt like them having fun more than unintended cheese. Considering how dire the season has been, I did enjoy seeing a more lighthearted episode. At the end of the episode, I was more or less just curious on what happened at that camp...if walker soldiers still had guns on their backs, what could have happened to them? Did someone go crazy and poison the water supply?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How long before (the chaps who know the comics) expect to get into what I have seen to be said.. is the best story line of all in the comics...

Spoiler:
    The Whisperers
    Season 9. And yeah that is a great plot, but it's a slower, more intricate plot than what we're currently seeing. The plot technically isn't over either after what...40 issues? It's easily the biggest story they've told thus far. They'll find ways to condense it for TV though, which I think they will be able to do just fine. It's a longer story because there is more panels devoted to character interaction and building up conflicts, which the TV show basically already does to make the comics more palpable.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Did anyone catch this? I didn't even think about it until I saw the article.

http://uproxx.com/tv/walking-dead-cr...ng-easter-egg/
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought this past weeks episode was solid, probably the best of the season, though I loved Hostiles and Calamities (Eugene/Dwight). I expected Benjamin to die at The Saviors hands...it made sense since he's a teenager raising a kid, plus he's close to Ezekiel and developed a bond with Morgan, it seemed like low hanging fruit in terms of a death, but I wasn't expecting him to die in the context he did. One thing I am loving about The Saviors as a whole is the range of their characters (more on that after). I love an episode like this because it relies on so much which came before...the animosity between Jared and Richard, Richard telling Morgan he'll have to kill again (who'd have thought Morgan would kill him first? And Daryl telling Richard 'if you're willing to die for The Kingdom, why don't you?' so he made a plan where he would) the relationships of Benjamin, Morgan's History of mental illness and Dwayne, the escalating tension of these meetings between The Kingdom and The Saviors, which not only gave this episode emotional weight, but it all made sense! The way he decided he kill as many Saviors as he could, and the way he told Carol about what really happened so she would fight too. The juxtaposition between Carol and Morgan has been the soul of the series for the past two years, and it's still delivering. It's amazing that COMICS SPOILERS
    Spoiler:
    Two characters which were already killed off in the comics...Carol during the prison arc, and Morgan when walkers invaded Alexandria, and both are so different from their comic counterparts at the same time. Carol sucks in the comic, and Morgan shows back up in Alexandria for the first time since the beginning of the series, and then he just dies not longer after in a very anticlimactic death

People can say what they want about Negan himself, but I'll be damned if anyone out there tries to say The Saviors themselves haven't been a rousing success. They aren't all 'Hey, we are the bad guys!' all the time. Almost each of them comes across as unique individuals, with their own morals and motivations. This was first show in my favourite episode 'The Same Boat' when Carol and Maggie were prisoners to the four Saviors. Dwight and Sherry are both conflicted characters. Simon has his own unique way of running shit under Negan. Gavin tries to avoid bloodshed...it seemed odd The Saviors would just strike a deal with The Kingdom and agree not to enter the community, but now it makes sense because Gavin doesn't want to kill or hurt, and always looks for peaceful resolutions, and violence is truly the last resort; I loved how he told Jared to walk back home after shooting and killing Benjamin, which he was genuinely upset over. And Jared, what a douchebag! He's a guy we just want to see get it horribly...he took Morgan's stick one week, and then made sure to bring it back to rub it in his face the next! Grade 'A' douchecanoe! Several other Saviors, notably the blonde with the neck tattoo, and Arat, have stood out to me too.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I thought this past weeks episode was solid, probably the best of the season, though I loved Hostiles and Calamities (Eugene/Dwight).
    I'd agree with that.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sooooooooo it didn't occur to anyone to try and stop Morgan from choking Richard to death? That was sloppy as shit.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Saviors had their guns pointed at Ezekiel and his men and Gavin told them to "leave them be". They really couldn't do anything, but it was obviously they wanted to save Richard. Not sloppy at all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Saviors had their guns pointed at Ezekiel and his men and Gavin told them to "leave them be". They really couldn't do anything, but it was obviously they wanted to save Richard. Not sloppy at all.

Yeah, but they could have at least said, "Hey, bro, knock that shit off. You're gonna' kill 'em."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Apart from King stretching out his hand they did NOTHING.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You do not act without your King's order! They have sworn fealty to their liege.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked last weeks episode too.. but viewers are tuning out. What a shame... they are at the lowest levels they have been in over 4 years. I am not surprised as people loved it for the walkers and they are not even an issue anymore. At all.... and they should be. I cannot see the show going much more than 3 more seasons.. maybe 4 tops.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But in a "real" situation of this magnitude, the walkers would eventually become a non-issue or not the main issue. As people first fight together against an overwhelming threat, they also do what we humans do best; break off into our little groups and turn our hate and fear against one another. There is no greater enemy than ourselves and I think the show is showing us that.

Yea the walkers are cool and all but for me, it's always been more about the living than the dead and how they adapt. Otherwise, ya might as well tune into some mindless zombie show on Sci-Fi.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    But in a "real" situation of this magnitude, the walkers would eventually become a non-issue or not the main issue. As people first fight together against an overwhelming threat, they also do what we humans do best; break off into our little groups and turn our hate and fear against one another. There is no greater enemy than ourselves and I think the show is showing us that.

Yea the walkers are cool and all but for me, it's always been more about the living than the dead and how they adapt. Otherwise, ya might as well tune into some mindless zombie show on Sci-Fi.
    It's TV.. not the real world though. Walkers are cool... it is called the Walking Dead. I just can't agree with that. The show was the best at the beginning because there was LOTS to worry about. Even the books (not the comics) take a different direction on it all... and the Walkers are always a threat. I really enjoy them for that reason. Would people be a concern.. YES. But so should the hordes of dead, mindless zombies that don't sleep and only want to eat... YOU.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's TV.. not the real world though. Walkers are cool... it is called the Walking Dead. I just can't agree with that. The show was the best at the beginning because there was LOTS to worry about. Even the books (not the comics) take a different direction on it all... and the Walkers are always a threat. I really enjoy them for that reason. Would people be a concern.. YES. But so should the hordes of dead, mindless zombies that don't sleep and only want to eat... YOU.
    Just differing views, brother. I just feel if it's 60 or so minutes of all out zombie threat, ya never feel anything for the characters. They (the living) just become faceless soldiers in the Zombie Wars. I think it'd get stale too if all they did was fight zombies 24/7. You're a zombie man and that's cool Reckon I prefer the more realistic approach even if it is TV. Still entertains me and when it doesn't, then I'll no longer watch.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Just differing views, brother. I just feel if it's 60 or so minutes of all out zombie threat, ya never feel anything for the characters. They (the living) just become faceless soldiers in the Zombie Wars. I think it'd get stale too if all they did was fight zombies 24/7. You're a zombie man and that's cool Reckon I prefer the more realistic approach even if it is TV. Still entertains me and when it doesn't, then I'll no longer watch.
    BUT I never said once... ALL zombies. Not at all... there is just ZERO threat from them. None.. its a joke now on the show for the most part. All I am saying is they should still have some fear factor. If you notice in Fear the Walking Dead.. same damm thing. They are no longer a thread... and it is only the second season. I agree you need threats from human elements too. 100%! Just wish the zombies weren't a joke anymore
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The problem on that front is that Rick and crew have become to good at killing zombies. It would seem silly for them to suddenly have a hard time with one. So now you either have to show a side character who isn't as good at fighting or have a huge horde. (Or an armored zombie.) The other thing is that the zombies are getting so rotten that Carol doesn't need any force to kill them with a road sign. At some point they are just going to be moaning puddles of flesh.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    The problem on that front is that Rick and crew have become to good at killing zombies. It would seem silly for them to suddenly have a hard time with one. So now you either have to show a side character who isn't as good at fighting or have a huge horde. (Or an armored zombie.) The other thing is that the zombies are getting so rotten that Carol doesn't need any force to kill them with a road sign. At some point they are just going to be moaning puddles of flesh.
    Valid points for sure. I would love to see them make some zombies have some intelligence. In one of the books.. they learn to train them! VERY cool.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Walkers are cool... it is called the Walking Dead.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked last weeks episode too.. but viewers are tuning out. What a shame... they are at the lowest levels they have been in over 4 years. I am not surprised as people loved it for the walkers and they are not even an issue anymore. At all.... and they should be. I cannot see the show going much more than 3 more seasons.. maybe 4 tops.
    I'm not worried about it. This is common when you have a show as popular as WD. Eventually, you start losing the casual fans. I have family and friends who would never have watched WD, but started because everyone else was watching. They stuck around for a while, then fell off.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said the same thing to people. Most shows start small, grow to their max, and then drop off before ending. Unless you're Breaking Bad. I've never seen a show with such odd viewership before. Everyone literally binged watched the show so they could watch the last few episodes live.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not worried about it. This is common when you have a show as popular as WD. Eventually, you start losing the casual fans. I have family and friends who would never have watched WD, but started because everyone else was watching. They stuck around for a while, then fell off.
    Agreed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast