Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was honestly the most intense episode of tv I have ever seen. Maybe even including movies. Wow. I am shocked anyone would see differently. This show is just amazing. 11/10 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I thought the episode was one of the most difficult things I ever had to watch on tv. My wife had to leave the room when Glenn got it. Personally, I would have handled things slightly different. I would have ended last season with Abraham's death. That would have given the fans a sense of closure on the season. Then they could still have killed Glenn in this episode, catching many off guard. As viewers, we could have mourned each of the characters properly. I feel for Cudditz in that he will never truly get his due.
    I agree with you regarding the Abraham/Glenn scenario. The show is somewhat formulaic now in that you can tell when a death will occur by doing the math. Jeffery Deam Morgan is hired, two main characters need to go for the bottom line!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That was honestly the most intense episode of tv I have ever seen. Maybe even including movies. Wow. I am shocked anyone would see differently. This show is just amazing. 11/10 for me.

It's up there for me in that regard too.

I forgot to mention, but the one thing I would have changed was the cheesy heavenly dinner scene with everybody eating at the table in slow motion while wearing white. There's no need for that shit.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't a cheesy heavenly dinner scene. It was a vision of what everyone in the group was aspiring to. To live a normal, happy life out in the open with friends and family. Without fear or worry for anything. That's the goal. That's why they keep on fighting. And in one episode, that dream has gotten exponentially farther away. For some, it's now an impossibility.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It wasn't a cheesy heavenly dinner scene. It was a vision of what everyone in the group was aspiring to. To live a normal, happy life out in the open with friends and family. Without fear or worry for anything. That's the goal. That's why they keep on fighting. And in one episode, that dream has gotten exponentially farther away. For some, it's now an impossibility.
    I agree with you Shannon.. that is how I seen it too. Man oh man... that was good TV. Shocked how many critics hated it... they hated the Glenn scene is what I think. It disturbed them!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I felt like this episode was written and directed by Eli Roth instead of Greg Nicotero.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

I also find it funny the amount of people complaining about how violent it was. If it was not done so visual then everyone would be saying how tame it was. Man humans just love to bitch. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You have to figure that a sizeable audience of TWD are vanilla suburbanites who don't really watch/read horror so this was shocking to them. You can spot them easily, they're the ones rocking the SOA t-shirts in a non-ironic way.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't know. I would think the majority of The Walking Dead audience are fans of the horror genre, otherwise why would they be watching. It's a show about zombies and the dead. It's always been graphic, I really don't see how this week's episode was more graphic than others. Would it have been ok if they were walkers and not people? Also that scene kind of has to be violent. It has to show how menacing Negan really is. I'm glad they didn't sugar coat it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I felt like this episode was written and directed by Eli Roth instead of Greg Nicotero.
    I think that would be a good thing. Greg is excellent when it comes to special effects, but in my opinion, is horrible as a director.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Word of mouth, something to talk about, everyone they know is watching, it's on TV, it's relatively interesting. Pick any of these.

No one at my work reads horror (or is a fan at all) and they're all watching the show. It's Sunday night at home and it's something to talk about the next day at work. None of them were even aware of the comics. I pretty much described my co-workers in my previous post. One of them follows up her jokes with "Bazinga!" Sayin'.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, okay. I'll fix it.

I forgot to mention, but the one thing I would have changed was the cheesy heavenly dinner vision of what never will be scene with everybody eating at the table in slow motion while wearing white.

I'm not saying I thought the scene was them in Heaven, I'm saying the scene was heavenlike. Believe me, I got what they were going for. It's the same thing we could picture if the zombie apocalypse never happened and these people are living happily ever after with their actual families.

We didn't need to see it. It was heavy handed. They mentioned something similar to the scene twice. I have the imagination to imagine something like that, we all do. They don't need to show it.

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched it again... man that scene with Glenn was just off the charts!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Word of mouth, something to talk about, everyone they know is watching, it's on TV, it's relatively interesting. Pick any of these.

No one at my work reads horror (or is a fan at all) and they're all watching the show. It's Sunday night at home and it's something to talk about the next day at work. None of them were even aware of the comics. I pretty much described my co-workers in my previous post. One of them follows up her jokes with "Bazinga!" Sayin'.
    Bazinga

It is a horror show after all, so dark disturbing stuff comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Oh, okay. I'll fix it.

I forgot to mention, but the one thing I would have changed was the cheesy heavenly dinner vision of what never will be scene with everybody eating at the table in slow motion while wearing white.

I'm not saying I thought the scene was them in Heaven, I'm saying the scene was heavenlike. Believe me, I got what they were going for. It's the same thing we could picture if the zombie apocalypse never happened and these people are living happily ever after with their actual families.

We didn't need to see it. It was heavy handed. They mentioned something similar to the scene twice. I have the imagination to imagine something like that, we all do. They don't need to show it.
    I agree. It reminded me of the silly blood splatter on some of the shots last season. Just seems a bit amateurish? Not sure if that's the right word. But I know what you mean.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It felt like the final shot of the opening of an 80's sitcom.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It didn't bug me much. It was 20 seconds long. I didn't see as their future or whatever, but the two people who debated about starting families and building a life last season won't ever get the chance to, so I like the irony of that scene at least. I think the show was suggesting Carl knocked up Enid in their dream future as there is a kid between them lol EDIT - On second thought, probably Judith lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Oh, okay. I'll fix it.

I'm pretty sure they had a nearly identical scene in Mr. Robot just a couple of months ago.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It didn't bug me much. It was 20 seconds long. I didn't see as their future or whatever, but the two people who debated about starting families and building a life last season won't ever get the chance to, so I like the irony of that scene at least. I think the show was suggesting Carl knocked up Enid in their dream future as there is a kid between them lol EDIT - On second thought, probably Judith lol
    It was a small nitpick. I'm not saying it ruined the episode for me or anything. It just ripped me out of an otherwise intense hour long experience.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If I have any nitpick it's the black and white flashes of possible victims in the RV. I didn't mind the cuts of other people getting Lucille'd AFTER Glenn and Abraham got it though...those felt to have more purpose other than keep us guessing. Not seeing who it was was guessing enough without that. I was however a fan of seeing it through Rick's eyes as a traumatic memory than watching it play out otherwise. I was disappointed we didn't see it in the first scene, but I was fine with how they decided to play it out, those cuts of people aside (it worked when Jessie died and he hacked off her arm, not here).

Yeah, those flashes of the cast members was pretty cheesy as well. I wonder who's idea it was to put those in. Has Greg Nicotero directed other stuff prior to this? I pretty much just know him as a special effects/makeup guy. And how did he get the job as director? It's probably just me but I feel like since he's taken the lead there's been an abundance of poor decisions and somewhat cheesy filming choices made.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So far as I know he directs all premieres/finales including mid seasons. He's definitely directed some great episodes. Hard to tell what decisions are his, Gimple's, the writers, or the editor's.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I fucking loved this episode... the missus hid her eyes on Glenn but I thought the twitching was a great idea. Loved it! Didn't mind the flash backs or heavenly dreaming... just to rub all the salt in they could...but it would have been awesome if Rick had axed Carl's hand off...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah, those flashes of the cast members was pretty cheesy as well. I wonder who's idea it was to put those in. Has Greg Nicotero directed other stuff prior to this? I pretty much just know him as a special effects/makeup guy. And how did he get the job as director? It's probably just me but I feel like since he's taken the lead there's been an abundance of poor decisions and somewhat cheesy filming choices made.
    Greg Nicotero is a hack of a director
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Greg Nicotero is a hack of a director
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I still wonder what the show would be like if Frank was still involved. Even though I didn't like a lot of choices he made in season 1 on a storytelling standpoint, at least the quality was good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idk how telling this is, but I felt nothing when Abraham and Glenn were killed last week. Nothing.

Normally the death of a cast regular makes you feel some typa way, but I was so annoyed with being jerked around that at that point I just wanted the reveal out of the way to end the nagging mystery.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It was cheese city.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Idk how telling this is, but I felt nothing when Abraham and Glenn were killed last week. Nothing.

Normally the death of a cast regular makes you feel some typa way, but I was so annoyed with being jerked around that at that point I just wanted the reveal out of the way to end the nagging mystery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast