Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

While I'm still way behind on this show, it says a lot about how, erm, controversial the finale was and how much it pissed off most of the internet when I already know exactly what happens with the cliffhanger already. I know almost fuck-all about the rest of the series, but I do know about Negan, the bat, and the massive tease.

From the sounds of it, the worst part was Negan being hyped up and even the fact that a major character would die was revealed before the finale. If neither of those things had even been hinted at, it could have made for a good shock, or at least made the cliffhanger of "who's dead?" more forgiveable. As it is, it sounds like the promotion did more to actually spoil the ending rather than build-up to it. Guys watching the show, is this an accurate assessment?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't watched a single episode last season but I did want to see someone get brained. I tuned in at 10 and when the braining occurred at 10:30 and, I figured that was the commercial break.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think so James. Also add to it that many episodes have had cliffhanger endings, that it has just become way to repetitive. They ended the mid-season finale with a horrible cliffhanger that I already talked about. There was the Glenn death fake-out. There was the Daryl thing the week before, not too mention how almost every episode this half season had some little cliffhanger ending. It was just done so poorly. I could buy a cliffhanger ending if done right (and not overused) but I'm so tired of the show runners using it. And yes all the buildup to that moment and then to not have anything happen was a huge letdown.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I fell asleep 3 times while watching Fear last night. I had to keep rewinding it and over and over again because I kept fading away.

Please tell me it's just because I was tired.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It was probably a combination of the show and your tiredness...It was okay but not...

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I fell asleep 3 times while watching Fear last night. I had to keep rewinding it and over and over again because I kept fading away.

Please tell me it's just because I was tired.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had kinda forgot how bad I thought Fear was. This first episode brought it all back. We are how many episodes into the show as a whole and I still don't give a crap about any of the characters. And I am fine with slow moving but MAN does this show test the limits of slow. Hopefully it will pick up.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it will pick up. I had issue that nobody seems to comprehend the problems other than the yacht owner. They are all still confused and shocked, acting with a lot of denial. Probably appropriate but I would think that some of them would start dealing with the reality of their situation.

On a side note I had issue with some lousy special effects. In particular some of the shots at a distance showing the boat. It looked close to a scify channel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I had kinda forgot how bad I thought Fear was. This first episode brought it all back. We are how many episodes into the show as a whole and I still don't give a crap about any of the characters. And I am fine with slow moving but MAN does this show test the limits of slow. Hopefully it will pick up.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love how Fear is going... shell shock is a total true and real thing... AND just try to imagine yourself in this situation. I am not sure how I would act either. I love the pace, I love that they are on the water which is something that TWD cannot do where they are located. I like the episode and am excited to see where it goes. They will need fuel... imagine how cool that will be when they pull into port... just a zoo of walkers... I think this is starting slow CAUSE it has to. Hope they continue to do it the right way. There is no source material so they can do whatever they want!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed FTWD. Stupid mkv files.

James, walking dead is trolling their fans which I love. They made people expect two HUGE events with both finales and they instead gave the fans blue balls. So I have to wait longer to see who died. Big deal. People are impatient. That final scene with Negan was 100% on point. I got pissed when Shelob wasnt even in the twp towers but being one of a handful of great things in Return of the King, I'm glad they waited lol.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

James, walking dead is trolling their fans which I love. They made people expect two HUGE events with both finales and they instead gave the fans blue balls. So I have to wait longer to see who died. Big deal. People are impatient. That final scene with Negan was 100% on point. I got pissed when Shelob wasnt even in the twp towers but being one of a handful of great things in Return of the King, I'm glad they waited lol.
    You don't need to wait to find out who died, as the answer is already known - it was the most important person on the show!

Negan killed the Cameraman. RIP Cameraman!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

You don't need to wait to find out who died, as the answer is already known - it was the most important person on the show!

Negan killed the Cameraman. RIP Cameraman!
    LOOOOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

James, walking dead is trolling their fans which I love. They made people expect two HUGE events with both finales and they instead gave the fans blue balls.
    ‘Walking Dead’ Showrunner Says Season 6 Finale Was ‘Never Intended to F— With People’

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    James, walking dead is trolling their fans which I love. They made people expect two HUGE events with both finales and they instead gave the fans blue balls.
    ‘Walking Dead’ Showrunner Says Season 6 Finale Was ‘Never Intended to F— With People’
    So ridiculous. I'm still under the belief that even he doesn't know who got killed off.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It does make it more frustrating. I'm not sure what's worse: the fact that he didn't say that all the hype about the ending of the finale pre-broadcast ruined its impact (because let's be honest, too often in TV or film, a moment that should've felt like a huge shock all too easily gets ruined in the advertising beforehand), or the fact that he wasn't unapologetic about fucking with the fans. That, at least, I can respect. Instead, he makes the frustration seem completely unintentional, and when it comes to something like this show, that's far, far worse.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Shelob example is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So ridiculous. I'm still under the belief that even he doesn't know who got killed off.
    More than likely.

Let me create a scenario for you devout Walking Dead supporters. As the start of the new season draws near, the show will start promoting the upcoming season. Obviously, the main selling point for any promotion will be "Who got killed?" It will be the "Who shot J.R.?" of this generation. People have been speculating and debating it all summer. To say the build-up will be huge is an understatement.

So, it's the big night. The Walking Dead season opener. We're about to find out, scratch that, they will fuck with us a little more and not reveal who got killed until halfway through the 4th episode. So, fast forward to the 4th episode and the bomb is dropped - IT'S EUGENE!!!

How do you feel?

Also, before you say "read the books and you'll know" it should be known that I feel they will change it from who dies in the comics. Comics spoiler
    Spoiler:
    You lucked out again, Glenn

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's going to be a peripheral character like Eugene, Rosita or Abraham. I don't think they have the balls to kill off someone like Rick, Carl, Michonne or Daryl.

Country
    Country Flag

It's going to be a peripheral character like Eugene, Rosita or Abraham. I don't think they have the balls to kill off someone like Rick, Carl, Michonne or Daryl.
    I agree. That or they will keep to the comics and it be Glen. It will not be the others you mention though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I agree. That or they will keep to the comics and it be Glen. It will not be the others you mention though.
    Careful, Webstar. Shannon went nuts a while back at just a hint of a possible spoiler for the show... and it involved Daryl. A character that's not even in the graphic novels.

Fernando, that's exactly my point. Unless they kill off a major character, this tease is going to fall flat. That's the risk with such a massive cliffhanger. It's almost impossible to live up to.

I agree. I don't think there's any way to live up to the cliffhanger they left us with. To have any sort of possible impact it needs to be a main character. That said, even if it is a main character, I have a feeling they'll do something like what you said, they'll tease us further for awhile, which in turn makes it less of an impact. Especially since they'll be moving forward with the story. We'll be onto the next storyline and whoever it is will be forgotten about quickly. My fear is its going to be one of the minor characters, like that guy who brought them to Alexandria. I can't even remember his name I'm not sure they'll keep to who got killed in the comics.
    comic spoiler
    Now if they had followed that and then killed off one of the prime characters in the season finale, I think would have made a lot more of an impact and talk for the break than this stupid cliffhanger.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I have a feeling that it's either Glenn or Daryl. I'm basing that on the idea that they kept showing the first-person POV from the same character throughout the show. So that would narrow it down to the ones that were captured first. Glenn, Daryl, Rosita and Michonne. If they stay true to the fact that Negan doesn't kill women, it leaves only those two.

The problem is, that there are a lot of different reasons that it could be one or the other. I'm actually leaning towards Glenn, but not 100% sure.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    My fear is its going to be one of the minor characters, like that guy who brought them to Alexandria. I can't even remember his name I'm not sure they'll keep to who got killed in the comics.
    Oh, you mean the guy that we got to know and kind of cared about only for the show to put him on the back burner all season, except for that one episode where Maggie tries to go look for Glenn by going through the tunnels?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know whether to post this here, or on the Batman thread... LOL!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

After receiving the compendium 2 for Christmas from my boss (he misunderstood me when I told him I've read the first volume of Walking Dead) I had to go out and buy the first compendium. As soon as I finish off a few books, I'm diving in.

I may have to build a stronger shelf though.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The second episode of Fear The Walking Dead was solid. I'm enjoying it so far. Curious to see exactly what direction they're going to go with this show. I like the aquatic backdrop. Nice and fresh.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

The second episode of Fear The Walking Dead was solid. I'm enjoying it so far. Curious to see exactly what direction they're going to go with this show. I like the aquatic backdrop. Nice and fresh.
    Totally agree with this. There is no set path...... The show can and will go anywhere and everywhere! Like that....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast