Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bullshit.

I will say though, that minus the last ten seconds, that last scene, from the start of the whistling all the way through, was perfectly done.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can wait. Season 7 will open with gory glory.

FTWD can tide me over. New issue in a few days...The Whisperers plotline rules.

Morgan is a solid Negan. Bring on cliffhangers. I can take em.

S6 was on par with S5. S4 is still the best.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

See, that's the big problem for me. Not so much how this season ended (although it SHOULD have ended with the payoff) but with how next season will open. All the momentum is gone, unless they show the last ten minutes again, which is NOT how things should go. And you can't just jump RIGHT into the whacks right off the bat.

No, they're going to do some stupid flash forward thing which through the episode, eliminates all the not dead characters, one by one, until the final scene of the first episode, where it'll show the payoff scene that SHOULD have been in this finale. Boooo.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheese. Pure cheese. Plus it didn't really make sense. The funneling of people on roadways I can buy but what I cannot buy is the ease of funneling in the woods. Whatever.

People like to defend this show but I really can no longer put this on par with past and present AMC dramas. Is it entertaining? I suppose so. It is however no longer a must watch each and every week thing for me. It will now be a record and watch when I feel like it kinda thing. Frankly I'm not even that interested in who they killed. The set-up and subsequent cliff hanger ruined any kind of "Drama" this death might have brought me.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Worst finale ever...

What a horrible way to end the show. Like others have said, all the buildup and momentum of that scene is lost. Now whoever gets killed, there won't be that impact that it would have had, had they just finished the final scene. And I guarantee that they won't open the first episode with a death scene, they'll drag it on like they have with all their other past cliffhangers. Like Shannon said, it'll be a flash forward, and at some point during the episode they'll reveal who got killed, and probably not even by showing it. I would have thought with Greg Nicotero directing it, he would have taken full advantage of this moment to showcase his makeup work. I also wonder if the show creators have even picked out who they want to kill off yet, or if they're waiting to hear what the fans want. I would have thought with all the backlash from the Glenn fake out death they wouldn't have done something like this for the finale but I guess I was wrong. They need to can the writers and directors and get some better people who know how to properly tell a story. Also don't get me started on that ridiculous blocking off the roads at every point and the funneling into the woods...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I disagree. I thought the finale was perfect and a brilliant way to end the season on a cliffhanger. I cannot wait for Season 7 to start!!!

Top marks for a fantastic finish to a fantastic season!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the woods funneling. To me, it showed JUST how ahead of Rick's group they actually are. And how easily they can manipulate them, and that's scary.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

God....what a feel-bad episode.

You could just feel the desperation and hoplessness.

Well, we know it was not Carl or Rick that died last night given Neegan's comment about feeding Carl's good eye to Rick.

My guess is Eugene or Abraham.....mostly Eugene.....his storyline is over (the "I have a cure" lie), and at this point, he brings nothing more than a little comic relief from time to time.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Bullshit.

I will say though, that minus the last ten seconds, that last scene, from the start of the whistling all the way through, was perfectly done.
    Indeed. Which is why the end disappoints me even more. The rest of the episode was top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I can wait. Season 7 will open with gory glory.

FTWD can tide me over. New issue in a few days...The Whisperers plotline rules.

Morgan is a solid Negan. Bring on cliffhangers. I can take em.

S6 was on par with S5. S4 is still the best.
    That's a very political way to say you didn't like the way they did the ending. Admit it. You didn't like the Glenn fake out and you didn't like this ending either.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Worst finale ever...

What a horrible way to end the show. Like others have said, all the buildup and momentum of that scene is lost. Now whoever gets killed, there won't be that impact that it would have had, had they just finished the final scene. And I guarantee that they won't open the first episode with a death scene, they'll drag it on like they have with all their other past cliffhangers. Like Shannon said, it'll be a flash forward, and at some point during the episode they'll reveal who got killed, and probably not even by showing it. I would have thought with Greg Nicotero directing it, he would have taken full advantage of this moment to showcase his makeup work. I also wonder if the show creators have even picked out who they want to kill off yet, or if they're waiting to hear what the fans want. I would have thought with all the backlash from the Glenn fake out death they wouldn't have done something like this for the finale but I guess I was wrong. They need to can the writers and directors and get some better people who know how to properly tell a story. Also don't get me started on that ridiculous blocking off the roads at every point and the funneling into the woods...
    Exactly, you rob the audience from the payoff of whomever gets whacked. It's a poor choice. Game of Thrones had a similar cliffhanger that has kept people talking all year, except they actually showed what happened. The problem with this show is that it's bullet proof. It's not afraid of the audience, so it feels like it can do no wrong. One of these days, the majority will turn on them.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved every minute of the show.... Except not knowing who got it. The end was great though and Negan is the shit! Loved him.... Isn't Negan a huge guy in the comics though? Fear starts next week and I think we will get a great season too
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I loved every minute of the show.... Except not knowing who got it. The end was great though and Negan is the shit! Loved him.... Isn't Negan a huge guy in the comics though? Fear starts next week and I think we will get a great season too
    Exactly, you invested your time and you deserve to have it pay off. They built it up perfectly and did a disservice to themselves by ending it the way they did.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Negan is a little bigger in the comics but not really a muscle head. Casting the Comedian was a good choice. Think street brawler instead of a roided out UFC fighter.

The real Negan's response to that shit ending would be something like Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuckitty, fuck, fuck in a single breath.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Exactly, you invested your time and you deserve to have it pay off. They built it up perfectly and did a disservice to themselves by ending it the way they did.
    It's a cliffhanger.....not exactly a new idea for a season finale.....and frankly so common I am surprised by people getting so upset about it.

Geez....remember the end of season 3?.....Woodbury and The Governor defeated.....everything wrapped up in a neat little bow. BORRRRRING....just like the first half of season 4.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    It's a cliffhanger.....not exactly a new idea for a season finale.....and frankly so common I am surprised by people getting so upset about it.

Geez....remember the end of season 3?.....Woodbury and The Governor defeated.....everything wrapped up in a neat little bow. BORRRRRING....just like the first half of season 4.
    Well said Tippy... well said...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You are right. It is not an original idea. I expect more from AMC.

It's a cliffhanger.....not exactly a new idea for a season finale.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think the difference here, is that this scene had been very hyped up since it was announced that Negan would make his appearance in the finale. Comic fans knew what was coming. They've been waiting for Negan to appear with Lucile and bash in the brains of one of the main characters. Even non-comic fans knew that something big was going to happen, and one of the characters was going to get their demise. So for all of this to be built up and not get a pay off I think is what is really angering fans. Add to it, what others above have mentioned, that scene was done perfectly, and to have it cut short, it feels like it was deliberately cut off (which it was). It's almost as if you're watching a show and all of a sudden the power goes out and you miss the last 30 sec. I don't buy anything about what they're saying about how what we saw was the end of the story, because it wasn't. Also I said it before and I'll say it again, whoever got axed, the effect of that happening is going to be lessened. Come episode 2 people aren't even going to really care anymore because they'll be onto the next thing. At least it would have given fans something to talk about over the break. I'm ok with a cliffhanger, if done right. But here it just doesn't seem to work for me. Also they've been doing way too many cliffhangers, it's almost as if every episode ends with one. Go back to even the mid-season finale. I think it would have been better to have them walk in the herd of zombies, the kid speaks, they get swarmed, Rick chops off her arm, Carl gets shot in the eye, and it ends. That's also a cliffhanger of sorts, but you get something out of it instead of the kid speaking and it ending. Because then the way it came back, it doesn't start there, it jumps around and then partway into the show we finally go back to that scene. But at that point you're pretty removed from it, that it doesn't have as much of an impact. I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority, although I don't think I am, but I just think people are getting tired of it. Also that cheesy blood dripping like what they did with Daryl last week was just super cheesy.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael, I did like the ending. Now they can take the time to figure out which is dead and properly plot the aftermath. This also allows the sting of the death...if it's a central character which is needs to be, to be fresh and drive the season forward. Taking six months off will kill any momentum of seeing who died, especially with a large chunk of the fanbase getting invested in 15 FTWD episodes immediately after.

From what I know not even the cast knows who died. This gives them time to get their ducks in a row. If they just killed off Daryl...they may have upset the fans more than with this cliffhanger.

The build up was for Negans debut which was awesome. Saviors seem unbeatable. Negan is calmly menacing. And he beat someone in.

There is a big difference between a death fakeout and not knowing who died here. Someone DID die. There's no disputing that. Now I have a big gory reveal to look forward to in six months. And thats not a bad thing. It's a good thing.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ask The Killing about how to fuck up a cliffhanger. There's a right way to do a cliffhanger and a wrong way. Luckily, The Walking Dead is bullet proof, but The Killing never recovered.

Also, if you want me to be crude about it I will. I don't want to, but it's the best way to explain. The whole final scene was a cock tease. It's like being seconds away from an orgasm and then your girl/guy walks out of the room and is like, "Peace, we'll finish this in 6 months." If that's your thing, then fine, but I'm pretty most of us would be pretty fucking bummed.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask The Killing about how to fuck up a cliffhanger. There's a right way to do a cliffhanger and a wrong way. Luckily, The Walking Dead is bullet proof, but The Killing never recovered.

Also, if you want me to be crude about it I will. I don't want to, but it's the best way to explain. The whole final scene was a cock tease. It's like being seconds away from an orgasm and then your girl/guy walks out of the room and is like, "Peace, we'll finish this in 6 months." If that's your thing, then fine, but I'm pretty most of us would be pretty fucking bummed.
    So what are you saying exactly? That you cracked a stiffy and felt sexually aroused at the prospect of seeing someone's head caved in with a baseball bat?

That because you didn't get to see it, you're now feeling frustrated and suffering from blue balls?

LOL! Whatever gets you off, man!

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

That finale episode is the kind of thing that makes me want to stop watching the show. I did not like where things went this year and I'm more and more disgusted with how Rick and his group are acting. I'm straight up starting to hate all of them across the board. Not sure I'll be watching next season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

So what are you saying exactly? That you cracked a stiffy and felt sexually aroused at the prospect of seeing someone's head caved in with a baseball bat?

That because you didn't get to see it, you're now feeling frustrated and suffering from blue balls?

LOL! Whatever gets you off, man!
    Exactly! Now we're on the same page.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Negan is, but in the comics, like the governor, he gets his due....sort of without giving spoilers. In the comic I do know who gets Negan's bat but I can't spoil it. And Negan in the comic swears more then you can imagine too. I don't follow this thread but I knew it had many people on it and I wanted to see what others had said about the finale. I agree with Heather, I didn't like the ending and from what I have read and friends, is the consensus. Look, I really like this show a lot. Great character development. Though it is mightily repetitive, I still like it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the inclusion of Trevor Phillips Enterprises....

Country
    Country Flag

FEAR season 2 starts tonight !!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sooooooper late to the party but

OH BOY, THAT DISASTER OF A FINALE AM I RIGHT

I hope the showrunners got together one day over a bonfire and a couple glasses of whiskey and after realizing the dumb shit they pulled, proceeded to slap each other like the Three Stooges.

But yeah Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great. A little too actor-y but I foresee great things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast