Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. Now that really makes the scene.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure how I feel about this episode. Taking out of the equation the issues you guys have with the episode... but come on!! Carol leaves (one of the best fighters) so Rick and Morgan (TWO of the best fighters) leave to chase her??? Darrel leaves (ONE of the best fighters) to do what??? COME ONE!! SO.... Rosita, Michonne and Glenn (THREE!!! of the best fighters) LEAVE TOO in order in chase him????????????????? SO... 6 of Alexandria's BEST fighters leave when they all know an attack is imminent... I just HATE when TWD makes their stars do stupid things that make no sense.... As for the blood hitting the camera... didn't bother me at all. This is my favorite season so far but the first half was much stronger I felt. I think next week will be one episode for the books!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I really don't know what's happening with the writing lately. Why is everyone making stupid decisions?! Oh hey, you know what's a great idea immediately after someone from our group gets unexpectedly shot with an arrow? Let's go venturing out into those same woods and have a heartfelt conversation about something stupid. Oh, and better yet! Let's all split up so that we're completely unprepared. This is a fantastic idea! And the icing on the cake is that we can leave our home vulnerable to invasion since most of the strong fighters are wandering around in the woods right now. Yes!

Look, I never got very far into the comics, so I don't know shit about Negan, but I'm about ready to just start rooting for someone else if all the other people don't stop acting like morons.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was actually wondering if the show got new writers or something because this half season has been kinda wacky, most especially this last episode which makes no sense for all the reasons you guys already listed.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

In the comics all the best fighters leave too, along with pregnant Maggie...they've made adjustments since half the people gone in the show weren't in the comics at this point, but you can blame the source material on this one.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I was actually wondering if the show got new writers or something because this half season has been kinda wacky, most especially this last episode which makes no sense for all the reasons you guys already listed.
    Yeah, I've been questioning the writer thing for a while, too. I don't mind episodes that focus on characters instead of non-stop action and walkers, but when I start to question stupid choices like I'm watching a bad horror flick, I begin to lose a little bit of my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    In the comics all the best fighters leave too, along with pregnant Maggie...they've made adjustments since half the people gone in the show weren't in the comics at this point, but you can blame the source material on this one.
    Well, then I blame the source material! Had I read up to this point in the comics, I'd also be questioning the stupid choices they're making.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Well, then I blame the source material! Had I read up to this point in the comics, I'd also be questioning the stupid choices they're making.
    Well in all fairness, yes they leave. But it's not done in the same way it is here. On the show it's just very poor writing and really makes no sense. In the comics, while it might not have been the smartest choice, at least it wasn't because of pure stupidity.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well in the comics they pile into a slow van and go put putting down the street.

And sure it's stupid for Daryl to go off but this is same guy who has ventured off alone on some personal mission in about every season...to find Sophia, to save Merle, to save Beth ( Carol caught him this time). He's hot-headed and stubborn. It's not some new phenomenon and this behavior has been established. And, if one of my best fighters was in danger and I didn't want him to die, I would probably want capable people going after him. Sending nobodies who can't help Daryl if he's in trouble is really stupid. Splitting up, sure, not the smartest thing lol.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I ask a question the comic readin folkin... I will put in spoilers

:)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I dont know about what you ask because I have not read that far in the comics yet. You should read them man! Go check out the TPBs from the Library. That is what I am doing.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Spoiler:
    Yes, I definitely think so. It's definitely an intriguing storyline. As for when we'll see them, I'm guessing maybe 2 more seasons? Not sure, I guess it depends how long they spend on Negan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I dont know about what you ask because I have not read that far in the comics yet. You should read them man! Go check out the TPBs from the Library. That is what I am doing.
    I agree. I know you've read the books based off the comics, you should go borrow the comics from the library and check them out. I think you'll enjoy them. This and Locke and Key are really the only graphic novel series that I've really ever read. Also the comics are far superior to the show.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Spoiler:
    Yes, I definitely think so. It's definitely an intriguing storyline. As for when we'll see them, I'm guessing maybe 2 more seasons? Not sure, I guess it depends how long they spend on Negan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I agree. I know you've read the books based off the comics, you should go borrow the comics from the library and check them out. I think you'll enjoy them. This and Locke and Key are really the only graphic novel series that I've really ever read. Also the comics are far superior to the show.
    K, YOU guys sold me!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Webstars...the Whisperers plotline is the best...might still go on for awhile too (almost 30 issues already). I expect it to start season 9.5 to 10.

Country
    Country Flag

Webstars...the Whisperers plotline is the best...might still go on for awhile too (almost 30 issues already). I expect it to start season 9.5 to 10.
    WOW! That far ahead?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They are about at an episode per issue. It will he min 2 seasons for Negan arc.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As for the blood hitting the camera... didn't bother me at all.
    It's not that I had a problem with the blood hitting the camera at the end of the last episode, it's the fact that they use this gimmick in EVERY episode. It's just getting old and silly at this point.

I also don't appreciate another death fake out. I know people think he's dead, but it's not happening.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's not that I had a problem with the blood hitting the camera at the end of the last episode, it's the fact that they use this gimmick in EVERY episode. It's just getting old and silly at this point.

I also don't appreciate another death fake out. I know people think he's dead, but it's not happening.
    I totally did not take that as a fake out. You did? TWD is on Social Media all the time and I PROMISE They felt the backlash over the Glenn bullshit. I never once thought Daryl died. EITHER.. it was Rosita's blood and she is dead OR our boy is seriously wounded.. his death??? Did not cross my mind to be honest...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I totally did not take that as a fake out. You did? TWD is on Social Media all the time and I PROMISE They felt the backlash over the Glenn bullshit. I never once thought Daryl died. EITHER.. it was Rosita's blood and she is dead OR our boy is seriously wounded.. his death??? Did not cross my mind to be honest...
    The backlash over Glenn was because they drug it out for so long. If they would've continued on in the next episode it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

FWIW, Norman Reedus has confirmed that it was indeed Daryl's blood that splattered. But he can't confirm where he was shot or if he's dead or alive.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I didn't fall for the fake out. I've been watching TV way too long to fall for that. Just like I didn't fall for the Glenn fake out. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't their intent. Their intent was to leave the viewer in suspense, wondering if their hero was alive or dead. It's impossible to deny. In fact, a quick Google search will turn up numerous articles about Daryl's possible demise. Not to mention a short visit (make sure it's very short) to any Walking Dead message board and you will find people debating whether or not Daryl is dead.

Personally, I hope he's dead. The cheap death cliffhangers are becoming as cliche as the camera blood splatter.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A simple slow mo shows Dwight pull the trigger and the bullet go through Daryls shoulder. He's obviously still alive thus Dwight's "you'll br alright." i mean...he lowered the gun from his head! The right shoulder/clavicle is the safest place to be shot. Just meat and bone, no organs, no arteries. People are dumb. There was a car watching Daryl fire the rocket too lol.

This isnt a fake out at all. A cliffhanger. People can think Daryl is dead all they want. Glenn whose screaming face cried in slow motion as guts were eaten by zombies...much more egregious lol. Daryl getting shot is no different than tons of LOST and 24 episode endings.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A simple slow mo shows Dwight pull the trigger and the bullet go through Daryls shoulder. He's obviously still alive thus Dwight's "you'll br alright." i mean...he lowered the gun from his head! The right shoulder/clavicle is the safest place to be shot. Just meat and bone, no organs, no arteries. People are dumb. There was a car watching Daryl fire the rocket too lol.

This isnt a fake out at all. A cliffhanger. People can think Daryl is dead all they want. Glenn whose screaming face cried in slow motion as guts were eaten by zombies...much more egregious lol. Daryl getting shot is no different than tons of LOST and 24 episode endings.
    You can paint it however you want. The intent was to have people at the water cooler Monday morning saying, "HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE WALKING DEAD LAST NIGHT!?! DO YOU THINK DARYL IS DEAD!?!"

It wasn't, "HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE WALKING DEAD LAST NIGHT!?! DARYL GOT SHOT IN HIS RIGHT SHOULDER/CLAVICLE!?!"

That's a fact. There's really no other discussion needed, but we can keep discussing it. It's not my bandwidth.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of the time I feel like the griping about the show here is unjustified and tiresome but I will be the first to say THAT ENDING WAS BULLSHIT!

Did they not learn from Game of Thrones how hard it is to keep a cliffhanger secret the entire offseason? Plus it totally screws up all the suspense and horror that they built up. We should be sad and horrified for the characters right now not pissed at the producers.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering if
    Spoiler:
    we can figure it out with the rhyming cadence and the staging of the characters by analyzing the scene again.

Episode was very suspenseful but
    Spoiler:
    THE PAYOFF WAS SHIT! lol
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    A lot of the time I feel like the griping about the show here is unjustified and tiresome but I will be the first to say THAT ENDING WAS BULLSHIT!

Did they not learn from Game of Thrones how hard it is to keep a cliffhanger secret the entire offseason? Plus it totally screws up all the suspense and horror that they built up. We should be sad and horrified for the characters right now not pissed at the producers.
    A lot of the time I feel that the constant lovefest this show receives from some people here is unjustified and tiresome. I guess we are even.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast