Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

He will when Rick tells them.

How else would he explain Carol's absence?

Rick is not one to lie...he will tell the truth, and exlpain to the group that he exiled her as punishment (the Ricktatorship is back).

This has been my last favorite "first four episodes" of any season....I really hope things improve.

On another note....the walkers with the bloody eyes......are we supposed to infer that they were alive recently, got sick, died and turned?

Or....can the walkers catch the disease and spread it to other walkers and humans?

And finally...the two people they encountered in this episode....they survived for two years into the zombie apocalypse, but just as soon as they encounter Rick...they are dead. Just like the backpacker last season in the episode Clear (the one where they find Morgan). Same thing with the crazy Scottish woman in this season's premier. Apparently Rick is bad luck for strangers.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick is like Roland. He dooms all that come in contact with him.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Rick is like Roland. He dooms all that come in contact with him.
    It's beginning to look that way, now isn't it? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

NOW! NOW THEY ARE SHORING UP THE FENCE?! What have they been doing the last two weeks our time and god knows how long their time. That fence should have been fixed the day it was almost breached and actions should have been taken to prevent walkers from getting too close. A moat or maybe some booby traps or something.

If this is the place you are planning on staying at for a long time, you have to do a better job of preparing it and building up defenses. You can just plant crops. Ugg. I'm not sure about this season.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy - Dude, that lady was Irish!

But yeah, the whole fence thing was pretty dumb! The spiky trap things would provide a good line of defense around the perimeter to protect the fence - it's these little details that let it down, the group aren't that dumb!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    NOW! NOW THEY ARE SHORING UP THE FENCE?! What have they been doing the last two weeks our time and god knows how long their time. That fence should have been fixed the day it was almost breached and actions should have been taken to prevent walkers from getting too close. A moat or maybe some booby traps or something.

If this is the place you are planning on staying at for a long time, you have to do a better job of preparing it and building up defenses. You can just plant crops. Ugg. I'm not sure about this season.
    Agreed!
    I feel like they might be using it as a means to get the core group to move on, but even still it's just poor writing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Rick has first hand knowledge of how well those can work to deter the z's.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

But yeah, the whole fence thing was pretty dumb! The spiky trap things would provide a good line of defense around the perimeter to protect the fence - it's these little details that let it down, the group aren't that dumb!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Whose going to shore the fence? Maggie was the only one out there killing off the walkers along the fence. Between Carol being gone, the group that went the veterinary hospital, everyone who died/is sick/is in quarantine...there really wasn't that many people left to fix the fence.

I really liked this last episode and all the stuff in the sick bay with Herschel, it was all well done. Lots of good zombie action this season which has been great. Worst part of this season so far was the Governor popping up at the end of the last episode. I was kind of hoping we wouldn't see him the entire season, maybe even until partway into next season. Walking Dead is the kind of show where characters can just not be around for awhile. I'm hoping that we won't see Carol the rest of the season and perhaps next season they can run into her, either still alive alone/with a new group or zombified, either or. I am assuming they are airing 8 episodes before a mid-season break again? If so I'll just marathon the rest in a month.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Whose going to shore the fence? Maggie was the only one out there killing off the walkers along the fence. Between Carol being gone, the group that went the veterinary hospital, everyone who died/is sick/is in quarantine...there really wasn't that many people left to fix the fence.
    It's something you'd assume they'd have done before any of this really. They've seen the size of herds, I can't believe they'd be naive enough to think a chainlink fence would stand up to crowds of zombies forever.

I really liked this last episode and all the stuff in the sick bay with Herschel, it was all well done.
    I'm in absolute agreement there. The scenes with Herschel wonderful, brilliantly acted.

Worst part of this season so far was the Governor popping up at the end of the last episode.
    Again, total agreement. I personally think they should have finished with the Guvnor last season - he's a psychopath...we went there, I don't see how anything original can come out of a further clash with him.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fine with him still being around, I just wish he'd be in the back of our minds a while longer, kind of like how we all knew Merle was going to pop back up again.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's all a little too obvious the way they're currently writing it.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like they brought in a couple of characters from the novels in tonight's episode.
    I was wondering if they would do that since they've been willing enough to stray from the comics.
    Mark Twain

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

An interesting choice, to abandon the prison people for an entire episode and maybe longer. It was a decent episode -- the writing wasn't nearly as terrible as it's been of late. Good to see "Kim" from The Unit again.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It was nice getting away from the main group but wish the writers had lead us somewhere else. I'm not a fan of the Governor and a entire episode revolving around him didn't change that. They spent the whole time trying to show us, that yes he is indeed, a sick and disturbed man. Not much of a development in my book.

Side note. Did anyone else notice how bad the CGI flames looked when he burnt down his old town (specifically the one story home with the big porch)? It looked like crap.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not much of substance in this episode IMHO. Felt like a "treading water" episode and to me, that does not portend well for the show in the long term.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the episode a lot. Not exactly sure where they're going to go with this, as it looks like next week is more of the same. But I'm ok with that. I just wish the Governor in the show was the Governor in the comic. What a sick, incestuous, hand-cutting, raping, murdering guy!

Speaking of which, I read the comics ... but ummm, who did they introduce from them?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I liked the episode a lot. Not exactly sure where they're going to go with this, as it looks like next week is more of the same. But I'm ok with that. I just wish the Governor in the show was the Governor in the comic. What a sick, incestuous, hand-cutting, raping, murdering guy!

Speaking of which, I read the comics ... but ummm, who did they introduce from them?
    No one from the comics.
    The family in the apartment is from one of the novels that Kirkman cowrote. Rise of the Governor, I think. (they were quick reads and not really worth remembering)
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

I can tell you exactly where they are going to go with this. The reformed villain is one of the most overused cliches in entertainment right now.

The next few episodes will switch between Gov and his people and the prison. Then we will get to the first half finale where the Gov will meet back up with Rick and his crew from the prison for the cliffhanger. Presumably running into Rick's crew on the road somewhere because they had to flee the prison.

When the show picks back up early next year, the main storyline will be Rick and his crew trying to trust the Gov. At first they are unwilling to trust him (rightly so), then as time goes by the Gov. will do something big to earn the trust of Rick and the Crew. He will probably save them form walkers or more likely save Carl's life or little kickass.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen it before a million times. Just look at a show like Revolution or even the new Thor film where Thor needs Loki's help. It's a theme that's been around forever, but became really popular with Silence of the Lambs. Lately, it's all over the place. I could probably think of a dozen more current examples.

Anyway, felt like a filler episode to me. I think it's impossible for them to expect me to think the Gov is an okay guy after everything he's done. Just 2 months ago he brutally mowed down innocent people that he called his friends. One montage to slow music isn't going to change that.

I also thought they missed a great opportunity for a cool scene.

They should have had the Gov get surrounded by the walkers. He then should have somehow tossed an oxygen tank at the pack of walkers and shot it with his gun. Boom. Lots of zombie parts everywhere.

Gov is able to escape. The scene is memorable and cool and makes the Gov look like an intelligent badass. What you got instead was a scared little man girl ill equipped to fight off 5 or 6 zombies let along a pack of them.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I don't care. I liked the episode.
    I didn't expect the writers to try to alter our perception of the Governor.
    Given, he's a sick fuck, but as I've said before, I love watching it all play out. Where everyone else wishes he'd just die, I'm tossing fucking confetti in the air as I watch the show, going "Yesssss!"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Looks like they brought in a couple of characters from the novels in tonight's episode.
    I was wondering if they would do that since they've been willing enough to stray from the comics.
    They did for sure. I like that book (the second not so much) but it is way after the fact....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this past episode. I think the problem is that last last week's episode was so chaotic and hectic that this -rather admittedly- lethargic episode killed the momentum. I'm not complaining though; sometimes prodding, character intense episodes can do the series good if handled properly.

I'm conflicted on the reformed villain approach, assuming that the writers are fully committing themselves to that path and not just offering a small glimpse of what that could be like. I get the distinct impression that the Governor agreed to take those girls with him only because the youngest one reminded him of his daughter.

I'm fully expecting things to turn sour for the Gov's ka-tet next episode which will propel him to return to his crazy ways.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So it is three years into the zombie apocalypse, and the family the governor meets has no idea you have to shoot the zombies in the head?

Thank god he showed up when he did...just as Grampa ran out of O2.

And really?.....the truck breaks down right after they leave and she twists her ankle?

Anyone here watch Hell on Wheels?....The Governor has become The Swede....another reformed villain on AMC.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's been three years has it? But I do agree that they should have known about the head thing. Also you'd think since they're still alive they'd have ventured out a lot to get supplies and would know how to fight.

I'm not thrilled with the Governors return. The episode wasn't bad, but I think his storyline got played out last season. I don't want another whole season of him that amounts to nothing. The writing this season just seems to be kinda bad. I know the showrunners seem to change every season, but does the writing team as well?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I assumed they didn't know about the head thing because they've been holed up in that house alone this whole time.

And I really didn't get why leaving the safety of the house was a good idea.
    Was it just because the grandfather died?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    So it is three years into the zombie apocalypse, and the family the governor meets has no idea you have to shoot the zombies in the head?

Thank god he showed up when he did...just as Grampa ran out of O2.

And really?.....the truck breaks down right after they leave and she twists her ankle?

Anyone here watch Hell on Wheels?....The Governor has become The Swede....another reformed villain on AMC.
    The ankle twist was cringeworthy. It amazes me how you can have professional writers and directors and producers and not one person steps forward and says, "really? We're gonna have her twist her ankle? Come on." You can't let that go to production. It just seems stupid and cliche. I rolled my eyes when I saw that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast