Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 151 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to watch Breaking Bad very soon. I won't be binge watching it though. A few episodes here and there. I'll be watching House of Cards at the same time.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

OMG, someone's trying to undermine Rick's authority! That's a brand new, unexplored idea. I wonder what happens next?

[/sarcasm]

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait for the new season.. but to be honest... I am REALLY excited for Fear the Walking Dead. LOVED the trailer to that even more!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised I haven't seen more promos on TV for this. I'm looking forward to it.

I think this will be a nice way to bridge the gap between seasons. My question is will Fear come back and fill the gap in between the first and second half of The Walking Dead's season? The first half of the season usually starts in October and ends at the end of November. The second half of the season starts around February.

I think it would be nice if Fear would come back on in that December/January space. I understand why networks are reluctant to put new programming on during that time though. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear is signed on for a second, 15 episode season. I think we're going to see Fear air six episodes in Walking Dead's mid-season break, and then Fear will show the rest of them after Walking Dead sraps up. They could do all of Fear during the summer, which would be okay too, but I think splitting it up would be great. Then they can have a couple months off in August/September to give themselves a break and the fans a chance to miss both.

I do like that little promo though. Simple and effective.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Fear is signed on for a second, 15 episode season. I think we're going to see Fear air six episodes in Walking Dead's mid-season break, and then Fear will show the rest of them after Walking Dead sraps up. They could do all of Fear during the summer, which would be okay too, but I think splitting it up would be great. Then they can have a couple months off in August/September to give themselves a break and the fans a chance to miss both.

I do like that little promo though. Simple and effective.
    As far as I can tell, the first season is just 6 episodes and will start in a few weeks (August 23) and ends on September 27.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's six like The Walking Dead was.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Premiere of Fear The Walking Dead was decent. Only part that really bugged me was the fake jump scare when the principal was listening in on the teachers. I imagine it's only going to get better.

I always liked Cliff Curtis in the the roles I saw him in around turn of the century and so far he's the best part of this show. It's all going to depend on how the characters grow. I like that that they had the characters realize you don't need to be bit to become a walker before they even knew what a walker is lol. With dying alone making some one a zombie, I'd always imagined an old couple in bed, and one of them dying in their sleep, and the husband/wife waking up to being eaten.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. We will know more in time.

I don't find any of the family members compelling at the moment, so considering the show revolves around the family unit, that better change fast.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It was different than the walking dead premiere, which, aside from Morgan and Shane at the beginning, basically only focused on Rick. I thought they did a good job of introducing us to the four main characters. I don't really have much of an investment in any of the characters, but I do like the dynamic of the family, in that they are already broken and all ready to abandon each other except for the step-dad who wants to try to fix everything, probably because he's been basically abandoned by his own family. It should be interesting to see them struggle with each other and the looming zombie apocalypse. Scratch what I said, I'm definitely interested in Travis as played by Tony Curtis...his character is in the middle of quite the juggling act, curious to see if he'll snap or not.

I think the biggest problem with the premiere was how it all had to 'ooooh foreshadowing' the entire time, especially with the lasting shots of the cities and the deliberate LOOK A PALM TREE THIS IS DIFFERENT and some of the 'maybe this is a zombie'....no, he was just listening to something, no, that wasn't a zombie either. I think my favourite part of the episode was right near the beginning when Nick woke up, and the way he kind of looked very zombieish as he walked...he had better walker motion than most of the walkers do lol

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well... I LOVED IT! I loved it in every way. It did it the right way... only 2 walkers and more about the story and the characters. I like too how they know they do not have to be bitten to become walkers.. however... where this shows the start of it all it was the logical way to go. I loved it. Very solid debut.... anyone comparing it to the Walking Dead is wrong.. they always said this would be in a different direction. CANNOT wait for next week!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever wrote this has zero idea how a zombie apocalypse would work. So there is a zombie at the very beginning but somehow no one else in that area gets turned or attacked in a 3 day period? The zombie was just sitting in the church the whole time? The one kid in school was mentioning rumors of a virus meaning it was happening elsewhere. It would take minutes until this was all over the news and internet. There is zero way a zombie outbreak could trickle out the way they are trying to sell it. Zero. I thought the characters were OK but their attempt to slow burn the outbreak is just illogical and frustrates me to no end. We know there is a zombie in LA. We saw it at the beginning! So how would that not be spread very quickly without the zombie deciding just to stay put?? Ridiculous. Not to mention that we know that everyone has the virus at some point. We know the drug dealer guy had it because he came back when he was killed. With the amount of people dying every day there is no way they can sell this to me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Whoever wrote this has zero idea how a zombie apocalypse would work. So there is a zombie at the very beginning but somehow no one else in that area gets turned or attacked in a 3 day period? The zombie was just sitting in the church the whole time? The one kid in school was mentioning rumors of a virus meaning it was happening elsewhere. It would take minutes until this was all over the news and internet. There is zero way a zombie outbreak could trickle out the way they are trying to sell it. Zero. I thought the characters were OK but their attempt to slow burn the outbreak is just illogical and frustrates me to no end. We know there is a zombie in LA. We saw it at the beginning! So how would that not be spread very quickly without the zombie deciding just to stay put?? Ridiculous. Not to mention that we know that everyone has the virus at some point. We know the drug dealer guy had it because he came back when he was killed. With the amount of people dying every day there is no way they can sell this to me.
    You realize that your too serious on this right? haha There is NO SUCH thing as zombies. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I get that zombies are a far out idea to start with BUT it's the job of the show to make me feel like it could happen. What they are selling doesn't work in any way and it's just sloppy writing. Annie Wilkes would not approve.

Country
    Country Flag

I get that zombies are a far out idea to start with BUT it's the job of the show to make me feel like it could happen. What they are selling doesn't work in any way and it's just sloppy writing. Annie Wilkes would not approve.
    Well I LOVED it. It was a nice take and the most fun I have had watching TV all summer. Cannot wait till next week!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think the whole point was to show that, at the beginning of the outbreak, it was different than what we would expect: The zombies may not have moved as fast (maybe the virus wasn't as strong in the beginning?) which would explain a zombie just sitting in a church and only attacking one person. I think it also makes sense to think that, if these things did start to happen, it wouldn't be seen as a "Zombie Virus" all at once. When we see stories on the news about people wigging out on bath salts and attacking people, we don't think "Zombie Virus", but "Oh man, that guy was on some shit!" I think it would be more gradual than zombies being all over the place within a matter of 24 hours.

I like that we're able to see things from a realistic perspective, such as Nick trying to grasp whether or not what he saw was real, if he used bad drugs, or if he was losing his mind. We came into the Walking Dead when walkers were already "the norm" in every day life. I like seeing the beginning where all these small factors are being mixed into every day life. I thought it was believable.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's playing out pretty normal to me. We're talking about isolated events...and if a zombie, say the old man who died and went down to the morgue, attacked the mortician who was then trapped in the basement...who is going to tell the world about that zombie attack? If the zombies got out of the church and then attacked a house nearby, and the zombie ate those people...who is going to report it? It would happen slow all over the place and then it would probably begin to really escalate after about a week. You forget we live in a society where we need to SEE it to believe it, so reports of things happening will only convince certain people, where as that video of the guy who attacked the medic and took all those shots, THAT is what will make people realize something crazy is actually going on. You can't underestimate the power of denial, either; denial and self-absorption. People are dealing with their own problems and their own lives, and until a zombie gets in their face, they might not even consider any reports.

Country
    Country Flag

Because unless someone stops the zombie it will just keep going. It doesn't matter if it's slow or fast. The bath salts thing is the perfect example....everyone knew about that when it happened. Even with small isolated events, with the internet and smart phones all it would take is one attack in public for it to spread like crazy. I totally understand people not thinking it's zombies or assuming they are freaking out but the end point is that people would know about it. For every one zombie in a church there has to be one out in the street. And it wouldn't take 3 days to happen. I get the point that they wanted to slowly address the situation but in reality LA is the worst place for them to take that approach. Concentrated areas would have it spread much faster than somewhere else. They should have started in the mid-west where it would have made more sense. People would hear and see stuff that would not be happening around them and you would have time to see how those people prepared.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The premiere had that attack in public that went viral and enough people saw it to take their kids out of school, so I don't get what you're talking about. Are you just upset that it hadn't already happened before the premiere, or that the premiere didn't include the absolute panic of the disease being more widespread? They already announced that end of the first six episodes, the world would be more or less normal looking, so I'm not sure what you were expecting. Even if people know about what is happening, they won't know what is happening, and even then, it's not going to spread into an absolute pandemic in 24 or 48 hours. The bath salts thing was one incident that was in public in broad daylight. A hundred incidents like that could have happened prior behind closed doors and we never heard about it, right? Can you prove there wasn't a thousand such incidents before it happened? No, you can't, because they weren't documented and filmed. And even if information was leaked, without video proof it would dismissed as a conspiracy theory.

And in Jenner in the CDC says it had been about 200 days since Wildfire had been declared and 60 days since the outbreak went global: this would infer that the government and the CDC knew about the zombie threat beforehand, for about 4-5 months, and would have worked quite diligently at suppressing and controlling any information that gets out while working on a cure, and of course, when the outbreak becomes rampant, it is impossible for them to control information and it gets out there finally. This would explain why the student with the knife said what he said, since he'd probably been following what were essentially conspiracy theorists on the internet for who knows how long.

What we're basically seeing is the day one or two of that 60 days when the outbreak went global, and Rick waking up about 3 weeks after this outbreak, shows you how quickly it will spread. Expect these first six episodes to barely cover two weeks. I imagine it will cover only the first week or so of the outbreak, and save the absolutely destruction of society for the much longer season two

Country
    Country Flag

That was BRILLIANTLY put man. Well written and totally agree!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This kind of touches on one of my pet peeves with the show (and The Walking Dead in general). Both shows don't take place in the same world we live in. What I mean by that is they have no knowledge of what a zombie is, or what the undead. Yes, we don't have zombies in our world, but we do have tons of movies, books, TV shows, etc. about zombies. We're aware of them and they're part of our culture.

I read a while ago that the word "zombie" will never be used on The Walking Dead because the world these characters live in have no knowledge of zombies.

So that's kind of the weird thing about the show. In the pilot, when they run the kid over multiple times after he's already been shot and he still gets up, they're confused, but they don't know what to make of it.

If that happened to any of us we'd be like, "HOLY SHIT IT'S A FUCKING ZOMBIE!! LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE."

So it's a little frustrating because sometimes I find myself wondering why these people aren't more aware of these things, then I realize they have no idea what a zombie even is.

Also, I would love if the show followed the kid who brought the knife to school. He's way more interesting than the other characters.

EDIT: Here's the article in case anybody is interested
    http://www.thewrap.com/why-walking-d...preview-video/

Country
    Country Flag

The premiere had that attack in public that went viral and enough people saw it to take their kids out of school, so I don't get what you're talking about. Are you just upset that it hadn't already happened before the premiere, or that the premiere didn't include the absolute panic of the disease being more widespread? They already announced that end of the first six episodes, the world would be more or less normal looking, so I'm not sure what you were expecting. Even if people know about what is happening, they won't know what is happening, and even then, it's not going to spread into an absolute pandemic in 24 or 48 hours. The bath salts thing was one incident that was in public in broad daylight. A hundred incidents like that could have happened prior behind closed doors and we never heard about it, right? Can you prove there wasn't a thousand such incidents before it happened? No, you can't, because they weren't documented and filmed. And even if information was leaked, without video proof it would dismissed as a conspiracy theory.

And in Jenner in the CDC says it had been about 200 days since Wildfire had been declared and 60 days since the outbreak went global: this would infer that the government and the CDC knew about the zombie threat beforehand, for about 4-5 months, and would have worked quite diligently at suppressing and controlling any information that gets out while working on a cure, and of course, when the outbreak becomes rampant, it is impossible for them to control information and it gets out there finally. This would explain why the student with the knife said what he said, since he'd probably been following what were essentially conspiracy theorists on the internet for who knows how long.

What we're basically seeing is the day one or two of that 60 days when the outbreak went global, and Rick waking up about 3 weeks after this outbreak, shows you how quickly it will spread. Expect these first six episodes to barely cover two weeks. I imagine it will cover only the first week or so of the outbreak, and save the absolutely destruction of society for the much longer season two
    I get what they are trying to do but it still makes no sense. All it takes is one single zombie attack. Someone getting attacked on video and shared in an isolated occurrence makes no sense. There would be many attacks happening and it would be all over the place. Not viral videos but news on CNN. Not only would the zombies be making more zombies but the regular people dying are infected too. Such is the case with the drug dealer kid. I have to assume that the drug kid was in the hospital for more than one day. It appeared to be about 3. That means that the female zombie never left or got seen in that time. Never attacked a human and never made more zombies. That is just a ridiculous premise. When he left that church he was out in public immediately. It was not an isolated church. But even though there are videos and rumors and people talking no one has seen any zombies in LA and no news source is talking about the attacks. Even assuming it is drugs and not zombies it would still be reported. And numerous places all over the country would be reporting it. Again I am going on the assumption that about 3 days has attacked since the church attack. Knowing that zombies are already showing up it is unrealistic to assume that it would not be more widespread or being talked about on the new within 3 days. Their attempt to make it go that slow is illogical.

Country
    Country Flag

I get what they are trying to do but it still makes no sense. All it takes is one single zombie attack. Someone getting attacked on video and shared in an isolated occurrence makes no sense. There would be many attacks happening and it would be all over the place. Not viral videos but news on CNN. Not only would the zombies be making more zombies but the regular people dying are infected too. Such is the case with the drug dealer kid. I have to assume that the drug kid was in the hospital for more than one day. It appeared to be about 3. That means that the female zombie never left or got seen in that time. Never attacked a human and never made more zombies. That is just a ridiculous premise. When he left that church he was out in public immediately. It was not an isolated church. But even though there are videos and rumors and people talking no one has seen any zombies in LA and no news source is talking about the attacks. Even assuming it is drugs and not zombies it would still be reported. And numerous places all over the country would be reporting it. Again I am going on the assumption that about 3 days has attacked since the church attack. Knowing that zombies are already showing up it is unrealistic to assume that it would not be more widespread or being talked about on the new within 3 days. Their attempt to make it go that slow is illogical.
    So what your saying is... your done with the show cause it is unbelievable?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So what your saying is... your done with the show cause it is unbelievable?
    I see what you are doing there.

No, I am not done with it (although if it doesn't pick up in an episode or two I might). I already watch a ton of TV and I don't need to watch this just because it has "Walking Dead" in the title. I just feel that it was extremely lazy writing and it feels like they think viewers of the original series are just automatic watchers regardless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 151 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast