+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141
Results 3,501 to 3,508 of 3508

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

  1. #3501
    Servant of Gan Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,615
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    I stopped at season 6. I feel like they just stretched out the story lines too much. Did Negan need 2 full seasons? Did the governor? They are great characters, but my god did they over stay their welcome; IMO anyway.

  2. #3502
    Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    6,833
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I didn't expect ratings to jump back up this season. But WOM has been very strong. Many people have called this the best season of the show. I think a lot of people won't watch Season 9 until Netflix gets it in September. I would be shocked if we didn't see a spike in ratings come Season 10. I don't think it will ever get back to the heights of season 4-6, but I can see them getting back up to 7-8M people. I sure hope people come back because Season 9 was the best season of the show imo...and when you consider they had to write out two of the lead characters in the first half and totally rework the source material...it's quite an accomplishment. The people working on the show deserve to get an audience rebound after their effort in Season 9.
    I guess what I'm talking about is people like my aunts. My fucking aunts watched this show. Now when I talk with them they say that they bailed a few years ago.

    I don't think the show will ever reach that phenomenon status where little old ladies were watching ever again.

  3. #3503
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    7,374
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    No, probably not. I know a lot of people were turned off by the beginning of season 7. It was just way too graphic for them. I never understood it, but that's a big thing with a lot of people.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  4. #3504
    Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    6,833
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    No, probably not. I know a lot of people were turned off by the beginning of season 7. It was just way too graphic for them. I never understood it, but that's a big thing with a lot of people.
    When you have a show as popular as The Walking Dead was, you are naturally going to shed those fans that watched because it was the thing to do. They are usually people that are outside of the main demographic.

    The same thing happened to LOST. My mom was a few episodes behind on LOST and she asked me and my sister what was in the hatch and we told her it opened up into New York City. Then we forgot to tell her that we were just fucking with her. She never went back to it because it was too weird. Honestly, she's better off because my sister and I weren't that far off. The show, while fantastic, really leaned into the sci-fi elements.

  5. #3505
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    7,374
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    No, probably not. I know a lot of people were turned off by the beginning of season 7. It was just way too graphic for them. I never understood it, but that's a big thing with a lot of people.
    When you have a show as popular as The Walking Dead was, you are naturally going to shed those fans that watched because it was the thing to do. They are usually people that are outside of the main demographic.

    The same thing happened to LOST. My mom was a few episodes behind on LOST and she asked me and my sister what was in the hatch and we told her it opened up into New York City. Then we forgot to tell her that we were just fucking with her. She never went back to it because it was too weird. Honestly, she's better off because my sister and I weren't that far off. The show, while fantastic, really leaned into the sci-fi elements.

    Most big shows follow that trend...they balloon in viewership in the middle and then lose viewers until it ends. It's different with some shows these days, with the ease of access to catch up shows. Breaking Bad is a big example. It didn't break 3M viewers until the final season, and only averaged around 1.8M for most of it's run. The final 8 episodes though were between 6M and 11M. If Walking Dead can get viewership back in any substantial amount and keep them, they might be the first show to actually have a second ballooning period, albeit smaller than the first one. People keep asking why The Walking Dead isn't cancelled, and it's because it's still one of the highest rated TV dramas, most of which have trouble breaking the 1-2M per episode in viewership. Homeland is entering it's 8th and final season and has never gotten viewership over 2.5M for a single episode and only averages 1.6M per episode. Most TV dramas would kill to average 5M per episode like TWD this season. Unless you're one one of the big Networks, you're not getting much viewership, which is a shame, because the dramas on big Networks are usually crap.

    That's funny about LOST too lol. Opening up to New York City haha. I do think LOST probably shed some viewers during the Sci-Fi oriented stuff in the second half of the show, but I love it from start to finish. A lot of the criticisms levied at the show that I hear aren't really founded either, like the fact they never answered any of the mysteries when few actually went unanswered.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  6. #3506
    Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    6,833
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Or the thousands of people that still insist the entire thing was a dream. They clearly weren't paying attention.

  7. #3507
    Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,597
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Woot woot, y'all talkin' 'bout LOST!?

  8. #3508
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    7,374
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Or the thousands of people that still insist the entire thing was a dream. They clearly weren't paying attention.

    Christian Shepherd taking literally five minutes to explain
    Spoiler:
    that it wasn't all a dream, or they weren't in purgatory the entire show
    clearly wasn't long enough. They needed to devote a two part episode to it.


    The worst is when you say that isn't the case and someone else calls you an idiot for not getting it lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts