Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 151 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

These last few episodes have been awful. There's way too much going on with nothing really happening.
    And can they just kill the saviors that "surrendered" according to Jesus? It's not like they surrendered because they had a change of heart. They just had no fucking choice.
    It just feels like the story is going in circles right now.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to somewhat agree. There is SO MUCH more they could be doing with this show. Where did it all go wrong? Are there new writers? In the first few seasons I would rate this show a 10/10... now it is a 7 for me. AND... may fall further if they do not pull up their damm socks and stop being lazy! I have no idea what they are doing and lets be honest.. no one does. It is time to start thinking again guys because as your ratings fall.... you may never get them back.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    So they bring Morales back from Season One just to kill him after seven minutes of screen time?
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have to somewhat agree. There is SO MUCH more they could be doing with this show. Where did it all go wrong? Are there new writers? In the first few seasons I would rate this show a 10/10... now it is a 7 for me. AND... may fall further if they do not pull up their damm socks and stop being lazy! I have no idea what they are doing and lets be honest.. no one does. It is time to start thinking again guys because as your ratings fall.... you may never get them back.
    Well, to me when Darabont left the show it started going downhill. The pieces had been set in place, so the show was still solid for a season or two after. I think Gimple is a big reason. I just don't think he's that talented. Before The Walking Dead, he produced a second rate cartoon and a short-lived drama. Not exactly a great resume. We're talking about a guy replacing the dude who directed Shawshank Redemption here.

The other issue is Greg Nicotero. He's a great makeup guy. He's not a great director. He falls in love with artsy stuff way too much for my liking. With all that being said, the show is still better than most of the stuff on TV. Especially on network TV. It just seems to be more glaring because the show started off so strong.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

They've got to get back to Negan at some point right? This whole time he's just been sitting in that trailer with Gabriel and his shitting pants?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Did they indicate that Gabriel was out of bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    They've got to get back to Negan at some point right? This whole time he's just been sitting in that trailer with Gabriel and his shitting pants?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gabriel is working with Negan. Book it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Gabriel is working with Negan. Book it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think anyone is working with Negan. A bunch of people keeping going on that Negan has a spy, but if he did...don't you think he'd have been prepared in episode one?

I do, however, hope that Rick has no choice but to kill Darryl

Some Walking Dead fans have said some mean things towards me for even uttering such a travesty lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, finally caught up last night with all the episodes.

First of all, lmao @ that god awful Morales moment. I know the creators probably envisioned some grand, "omg how heart breaking" moment but it failed miserably. And did you guys notice how much exposition they were cramming down our throats?

"It's me, you remember me Rick? Back from Season One? You remember? We fled from you guys, a few seasons ago. Let me keep mentioning Alabama so people know we're talking about Season One. (Looks at camera) Y'all got that? Season 1 character here."

Also, Morgan went God-Mode-Hitman in the complex with a pair of pistols, but couldn't hit a single one of those would be runaway Saviors with a sniper rifle? Lol.

And if they don't kill those Saviors that they captured I'm going to run over a newborn with my car, laughing maniacally with blood inexplicably dripping down my face. Jesus is quickly sky rocketing to the top of my shit list. At this point it's gone far beyond moral waters and have just turned into an issue of stupidity and sanity. I hope they murder every single motherfucker in Hilltop just so they can stop with this mercy bullshit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But yeah, some parts were OK. The killing of Shiva was a nice touch. Curious to see how Ezekiel will cope in the next few episodes.

I like the tension that's brewing between Rick and Daryl. Maybe Rick finally does realize that when it comes down to it, his group really is as ruthless as they come.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damm... the tiger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    At this point it's gone far beyond moral waters and have just turned into an issue of stupidity and sanity. I hope they murder every single motherfucker in Hilltop just so they can stop with this mercy bullshit.
    This is my biggest pet peeve at the moment. We've been down this road before on this show. I thought we were past this whole morality bullshit. It literally doesn't make sense to keep these people alive. I thought Negan bashing heads last season meant all bets were off? Nope. To me, this doesn't work because the characters are making choices that just don't make sense given the circumstances.

I want to see Rick's whole motivational speech. I'm pretty sure he probably said, "In closing, we are murdering everyone of these motherfuckers regardless. Godspeed."

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Ok, finally caught up last night with all the episodes.

First of all, lmao @ that god awful Morales moment. I know the creators probably envisioned some grand, "omg how heart breaking" moment but it failed miserably. And did you guys notice how much exposition they were cramming down our throats?

"It's me, you remember me Rick? Back from Season One? You remember? We fled from you guys, a few seasons ago. Let me keep mentioning Alabama so people know we're talking about Season One. (Looks at camera) Y'all got that? Season 1 character here."

Also, Morgan went God-Mode-Hitman in the complex with a pair of pistols, but couldn't hit a single one of those would be runaway Saviors with a sniper rifle? Lol.

And if they don't kill those Saviors that they captured I'm going to run over a newborn with my car, laughing maniacally with blood inexplicably dripping down my face. Jesus is quickly sky rocketing to the top of my shit list.

The whole Morales thing was indeed laughable. That fell so flat.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked this past episode more than the first three. It was focused. It was about the aftermath of the Kingdom's attack, plus that scene with Rick/Darryl. It wasn't jumping all over the place. Notice how when it went to commercial, it came back to that same scene? It was great. No idea why they couldn't do that in the first three episodes. Keep us in the moment. It's not hard. Having read the comics, I knew Shiva was dying in this episode and it got me in the feels having just lost my cat. I liked a lot of the choices they made, especially the beginning and the end. The shot of Ezekiel with everyone around him from above transitioning to him under those bodies, followed by the static images of bodies, gore, guts strewn about, severed limbs. And the end with them returning, and the look on the guy opening the gate at just the three of them, and the way Ezekiel left everyone behind.

Did anyone here notice that in this episode no bullet casings came out of any of the guns? It was really odd. Made me wonder if they meant to put them in in post and forgot or something.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I did enjoy this last episode more than I expected. I had a few issues with zombies that were close and then were not, the clunky death of the cat, and the mystery injury to the King.
    • Zombies walking after Ezekiel (to me) appeared to be close and then inexplicably were not.
    1. Ezekiel's talk with Carol on how he rescued Shiva (sp?) from the pit and then the weird way at the end when she died "jumping into a pit" to save him. I mean a big cat like that is not going to be killed or outright killed by a small pack of rotted corpses. Suspension of belief was not justified for that scene.
    • It bothered me that we never really saw how Zeke was injured. The rounds were massive so what was his injury? By the time he returned home he was walking pretty well.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. I tried bullet points here for the first time. Seems like something went slightly wrong. I feel like I am nitpicking the show a little however I really feel it has went to "big" and is failing to deliver on many levels. There are numerous little things that bother me now that only seem to be included in the final product to provide the after show with buzz words and trending topics.

I miss the real drama and real character development. I love end of the world things and thought this show was special at the beginning. Now I am feeling this has morphed into a money machine intent on ratings grabs and hashtags with little sprinkles of actual story.

The suspension of belief aspect is being hurt by the product that seems to just throw stuff against the wall in hopes of creating buzz.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I liked this past episode more than the first three.
    Agreed. It actually felt like something happened this episode instead of just jumping back and forth between battle scenes with each group.

Country
    Country Flag

I liked this past episode more than the first three. It was focused. It was about the aftermath of the Kingdom's attack, plus that scene with Rick/Darryl. It wasn't jumping all over the place. Notice how when it went to commercial, it came back to that same scene? It was great. No idea why they couldn't do that in the first three episodes. Keep us in the moment. It's not hard. Having read the comics, I knew Shiva was dying in this episode and it got me in the feels having just lost my cat. I liked a lot of the choices they made, especially the beginning and the end. The shot of Ezekiel with everyone around him from above transitioning to him under those bodies, followed by the static images of bodies, gore, guts strewn about, severed limbs. And the end with them returning, and the look on the guy opening the gate at just the three of them, and the way Ezekiel left everyone behind.

Did anyone here notice that in this episode no bullet casings came out of any of the guns? It was really odd. Made me wonder if they meant to put them in in post and forgot or something.
    Did Shiva die as he did in the comics?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I did enjoy this last episode more than I expected. I had a few issues with zombies that were close and then were not, the clunky death of the cat, and the mystery injury to the King.
    • Zombies walking after Ezekiel (to me) appeared to be close and then inexplicably were not.
    1. Ezekiel's talk with Carol on how he rescued Shiva (sp?) from the pit and then the weird way at the end when she died "jumping into a pit" to save him. I mean a big cat like that is not going to be killed or outright killed by a small pack of rotted corpses. Suspension of belief was not justified for that scene.
    • It bothered me that we never really saw how Zeke was injured. The rounds were massive so what was his injury? By the time he returned home he was walking pretty well.
    I agree with all three of your points and mentioned the same to my wife and daughter when we were watching.

I think they tried to follow the comics pretty closely WRT Shiva's death, but there's no way an apex predator like that would've been overwhelmed by that pack of rotting corpses. Hell, even if it was a pack of living breathing humans, I would still take the tiger.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I feel like I am nitpicking the show a little however I really feel it has went to "big" and is failing to deliver on many levels. There are numerous little things that bother me now that only seem to be included in the final product to provide the after show with buzz words and trending topics.
    This is something we've been prophesying for a while now. I almost want to say it was an inevitability.

Once a show gets this big and this popular, it becomes a juggernaut impossible to stop. They don't have to really worry about nuance and subtlety since no matter what, people will tune in.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

An adult female bengal tiger weighs approx 300 lbs. 15 zombies would weigh around 1500 lbs, if not closer to 2000. Between Shiva biting walkers infected with hazardous materials and them biting her, it's not so unrealistic to me that it couldn't happen. It's not as if a tiger knows how to kill walkers and couldn't do more than claw them, bite them, or run, and they don't feel pain. She probably died a little bit fast once they were on her and ripping into her, but people and their animals man...if they had that tiger in pain for like a minute being eaten alive they'd have gotten a bunch of sensitive sallies angry. We do live in the same society where a film can casually murder millions of people, but it goes out of it's way to show the animals survive.

I'm looking forward to next weeks episode. I need me a good dose of Negan! Hot diggity dog!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

An adult female bengal tiger weighs approx 300 lbs. 15 zombies would weigh around 1500 lbs, if not closer to 2000. Between Shiva biting walkers infected with hazardous materials and them biting her, it's not so unrealistic to me that it couldn't happen. It's not as if a tiger knows how to kill walkers and couldn't do more than claw them, bite them, or run, and they don't feel pain. She probably died a little bit fast once they were on her and ripping into her, but people and their animals man...if they had that tiger in pain for like a minute being eaten alive they'd have gotten a bunch of sensitive sallies angry. We do live in the same society where a film can casually murder millions of people, but it goes out of it's way to show the animals survive.

I'm looking forward to next weeks episode. I need me a good dose of Negan! Hot diggity dog!
    Holy shit you will defend anything on this show. Admit it, that scene could have been so much better.

Shiva's death could have been the most epic thing this show has ever produced. Think Boromir's death scene in Lord of the Rings. You can't tell me it wouldn't have been badass to see Shiva just slicing walkers in half.

Shot 1 - Shiva enters, takes a swipe at 3 walkers, casting them into the woods.
    Shot 2 - Shiva take a swipe at a walker's midsection, his insides melt from his body through massive slices of flesh.
    Shot 3 - Shiva's in trouble now, they're closing in on her. She bites one walker's head clean off.
    Shot 4 - She lets out a huge roar as she slices a few more walkers in half.
    Shot 5 - More walkers inbound, there are too many and Shiva succumbs.

She went down way too easily. Come on, at least give us that.

Regardless, I knew exactly how that episode was going to turn out and I haven't gotten that far in the comics. It's just been done a million times, most recently in Game of Thrones
    Spoiler:
    with Summer's death.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, it could have been better. But like I said, more about not showing animals in pain. The narrative though isn't that she went down fighting, but that she sacrificed herself to repay the life debt she owed Ezekiel. They both had injured legs. They both leapt down to make the save. A stretch of realism, of course, but this is the same tiger that knows the difference between Saviors and other humans it's never been in contact with, so it fits with already suspended disbelief.

It's not that I defend anything. I just don't care about logistical and minor details and stuff. It's a zombie show. I treat it as such, so I like it despite its faults. Just watching it to be entertained, not to see fantastic filmmaking and writing. Walking Dead is my break from that kind of critical watching.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, it could have been better. But like I said, more about not showing animals in pain. The narrative though isn't that she went down fighting, but that she sacrificed herself to repay the life debt she owed Ezekiel. They both had injured legs. They both leapt down to make the save. A stretch of realism, of course, but this is the same tiger that knows the difference between Saviors and other humans it's never been in contact with, so it fits with already suspended disbelief.

It's not that I defend anything. I just don't care about logistical and minor details and stuff. It's a zombie show. I treat it as such, so I like it despite its faults. Just watching it to be entertained, not to see fantastic filmmaking and writing. Walking Dead is my break from that kind of critical watching.
    It's hard to be entertained and to take a break from critical watching when the show continues to make odd and infuriating story choices.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Their worst choices were in season 6 imo. The Glenn freakout and characters making decisions to serve the story. At least now, while you can criticise the fact the show has done morality and stuff before, the conflict between Jesus and Morgan are decisions logical to their characters over taking prisoners. I care more about how characters affect the story than the story itself. I don't really care about the story itself much when it comes to fiction.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Their worst choices were in season 6 imo. The Glenn freakout and characters making decisions to serve the story. At least now, while you can criticise the fact the show has done morality and stuff before, the conflict between Jesus and Morgan are decisions logical to their characters over taking prisoners. I care more about how characters affect the story than the story itself. I don't really care about the story itself much when it comes to fiction.
    We barely know Jesus, so I'm not sure how his character would react in any situation. After everything the Saviors have done, there should have been an edict of taking no prisoners. Everybody dies. If you don't like that, you die too. End of story. As long as you leave a Savior alive, you run the risk of them retaliating.

It's why the conflict in places like the Middle East will never end. You bomb a village to kill terrorists. You accidently kill people who aren't even terrorists. You create more terrorists who vow revenge. The cycle continues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 151 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast