Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I loved the part when the guy in the Wendell (wheelchair guy) had the shotgun aimed at Morgan's head while they were talking and Morgan said "Can you please lower that?" so he pointed it at his crotch instead lol
    Enjoyed that too. How about the lady calling him Mo-Mo lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, this episode is the definition of filler. I don't usually use filler as a negative, because on TWD even filler episodes are usually engaging from a character perspective and are some of my favourite episodes, like "Still" from S4 (one of the most hated episodes in the series) or "The Same Boat" from S6, but this one didn't have much in the way of gripping character drama. The most engaging part of this episode were the scenes with the new villain because she seems like she's going to be a pretty interesting antagonist. Problem is I have a feeling (haven't seen the preview) that next weeks episode will probably focus on John/Strand/Luciana and we won't catch back up with the villain until episode 14, and I kind of wish those two episodes were reversed if that is going to be the case.

It wasn't a bad episode by any means. But the weakest of S4 thus far. It was just kind of there.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, this episode is the definition of filler. I don't usually use filler as a negative, because on TWD even filler episodes are usually engaging from a character perspective and are some of my favourite episodes, like "Still" from S4 (one of the most hated episodes in the series) or "The Same Boat" from S6, but this one didn't have much in the way of gripping character drama. The most engaging part of this episode were the scenes with the new villain because she seems like she's going to be a pretty interesting antagonist. Problem is I have a feeling (haven't seen the preview) that next weeks episode will probably focus on John/Strand/Luciana and we won't catch back up with the villain until episode 14, and I kind of wish those two episodes were reversed if that is going to be the case.

It wasn't a bad episode by any means. But the weakest of S4 thus far. It was just kind of there.
    Next week will be John/Strand/Luciana.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/amc-walking-dead-plans-decade/
    Don’t expect the zombie apocalypse to end any time soon, as AMC has plans for its Walking Dead franchise that span the next decade.

Speaking to the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference, AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan addressed the ratings decline experienced by its eight-year-old signature drama.

“The Walking Dead is a universe,” he told investors, “and we have a plan to manage over the next decade, plus. That plan is a careful plan to respect the world of the fans of that world.”

Sapan also pointed to the success experienced by the spinoff Fear the Walking Dead, and how it has helped expand the franchise away beyond the original concept.

However, The Walking Dead faces some of its biggest challenges yet in the upcoming ninth season, with the imminent departures of stars Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan. The new season is viewed as a reboot of sorts for the survivalist drama, with a new showrunner in Angela Kang, and a significant time jump.

The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Lennie James, Alanna Masterson, Josh McDermitt, Christian Serratos, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. The series returns on October 9 for its ninth season on AMC at 9 pm ET/PT.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't surprised by that news. They said pretty much at the beginning they wanted the main show to go to 15 seasons. I'd be up for another spin-off series, but not like Fear The Walking Dead, but an anthology series. Little 10 episode stories can be all over the place when it comes to the time line, all over the country...all over the world. Would be cool to see a season focused on the military, or the politics or some different locations. They could even use the show to set up future communities in either TWD or FTWD. An idea i've always had would be to see a group of people trying to survive and everything they go through, and the very end is the main character of the season is shown to be some key walker in TWD, like maybe the one who bites Carl, or one of the more iconic walker kills in the series.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this past episode of Fear. The opening sequence with Martha was really well done. And I loved the music choice while she was hunting all the truckers. The zombie stuff at the hospital was really well done. I'm curious on how they're going to wrap up this season and how they're going to go into Season 5. I'm interested in what is going to go on with Morgan's character as the pressure of the situation seems to be getting to him, and with the titles of the last two episodes being 'I Lose People' 'I Lose Myself' shows he's probably going to crack again. It would be almost interesting if Morgan joined up with Martha and he became a villain for the next season. At least then his crazy shtick will have different storytelling possibilities. I am hoping we see some deaths in this next episode, but not too many. As much as I like the way Fear doesn't linger or overstay its welcome in any storyline or location, they have a bad habit of killing off pretty much every new character by the end of the season. The only non-season 1 character to survive a season is Luciana, and she was only in Season 2b and left early in season 3.

If I had to rate the last two episodes, I'd give them a 6/10 and an 8/10.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This article explains it better than I can but I totally agree. Martha is the lamest villian they've had in either show since the beginning.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#701363647cac
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that this villain is a little silly though. She's kind of like Clear Morgan. The theme of helping people making you weak really ties into the entire theme. Madison was obsessed with helping people and she died. Morgan is defintely a lot weaker in mind when he's helping people than not. It's a little on the nose, but does fit in nicely with what a lot of this season has been about.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are announcing movies, and more shows. Some set in other countries too.... you see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw that. I'm most excited for something in another country. And AMC says they want to partner with other production/media companies...it seems essentially leasing the IP. So who knows what that means. We could see an HBO series if they were interested, something on Netflix, or maybe other regular channels. I would love to see something set in Japan or Afrika or Australia. Hell, even Canada would be interesting with the winter months and guns not being anywhere near as plentiful...would be interesting to have conflicts with Americans migrating north due to there being less guns, less people...

Also, the embargo lifted on Season 9 premiere reviews and they all sound really positive and hopeful for The Walking Dead to have a return to form. I just rewatched season 6-8 and I still really like them, despite their problems...the biggest of which is that I found The Saviors to be far more interesting in their storylines, characters, and scenarios, then I found the heroes to be. Was far more interesting to watch Negan and Simon have ideological conflicts, or Dwight's conflicts of playing both sides, or Gavin's attempts at non-violent methods, than Darryl grunting, or Aaron wandering around the woods of Oceanside or the leaders making speeches.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't surprised by that news. They said pretty much at the beginning they wanted the main show to go to 15 seasons. I'd be up for another spin-off series, but not like Fear The Walking Dead, but an anthology series. Little 10 episode stories can be all over the place when it comes to the time line, all over the country...all over the world. Would be cool to see a season focused on the military, or the politics or some different locations. They could even use the show to set up future communities in either TWD or FTWD. An idea i've always had would be to see a group of people trying to survive and everything they go through, and the very end is the main character of the season is shown to be some key walker in TWD, like maybe the one who bites Carl, or one of the more iconic walker kills in the series.
    I feel like this would be a brilliant direction to take things.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

AMC should really hire me. I'd make Walking Dead Great Again.

All in All, I enjoyed the finale of Fear The Walking Dead. At the very least it tied things up a decent little package and set up the next season fairly well. I think what helped it is we got to see characters that have bonds interact again. I get what they tried to do with the back half of season 4 by putting new characters together to try and figure out how they relate to each other and enhance their bonds. Morgan and the two new characters worked, as did Alicia and Charlie, but it was easy to see how the show was lacking the John/June connection, and I liked seeing Strand share a drink with Alicia. It's just a shame that the back half of this season was so uneven and lacked a clear focus after how good 4a was. I know a lot of people have given up on this show based on the past 8 episodes, but I would still consider Season 2 to be worse through 16 episodes than this was through 8, and I thought Season 3 was pretty damn good start to finish, so I know this show has a knack to rebound after a bad spell.

But one week until The Walking Dead season 9, the beginning of the best arc of the comics and truly New Beginning for this show. I hope those who've given up come back through word of mouth.

In the meantime, there's this.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The back half of the season was certainly a step down from the strong first half, but I still enjoyed it. You're right, it lacked direction.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. It was a big step down.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We watched the finale last night. That was absolutely the lamest villain they've ever had on either show. I don't even remember what her name was. Her back story wasn't even all that good either.

I'm not ready to give up on the show, but they really need to come up with better villains. Although I suppose it's difficult when we are comping them to characters like The Governor or Negan.

I'm looking forward to the original show coming back, but I think it was a mistake killing off Carl if the fallout is going to include losing Rick now as well. I think he would've stayed if Carl had still been around.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hard for me to really judge Martha as a villain. FTWD hasn't really been about villains, like TWD has been. The longest tenured villain for them were The Vultures in 4a, and that was only 7 episodes. Martha was only around for 5 episodes. And most of the villains in the show are quasi-villains, like Jeremiah/Troy Otto or Walker in Season 3. Proctor John in Season 3 was a straight villain, but he was only in a couple episodes. Even The Vultures weren't evil like typical TWD villains have been evil. To me, Martha was just one crazy person, the type you could run into in such a world. A lot of people complained that her motivations didn't make sense, but she's crazy, so they don't have to make sense...if they made sense, she wouldn't be crazy. I thought the actress was fine and I liked her dynamic with Morgan and what she represented to him, and it made sense he would need to really see himself to realize he wanted to take himself in a new direction. I think she would've been better served on a slightly smaller scale. Though I did like that it was that birdshot she took several episodes before that eventually killed her.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

New animated intro for The Walking Dead Season 9. It's disgusting in how sick it is.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    We watched the finale last night. That was absolutely the lamest villain they've ever had on either show. I don't even remember what her name was. Her back story wasn't even all that good either.

I'm not ready to give up on the show, but they really need to come up with better villains. Although I suppose it's difficult when we are comping them to characters like The Governor or Negan.

I'm looking forward to the original show coming back, but I think it was a mistake killing off Carl if the fallout is going to include losing Rick now as well. I think he would've stayed if Carl had still been around.
    I'm still not convinced we are truly "losing Rick." I'm holding out hope that he will somehow wind up on one of those helicopters, only to resurface late next season or the season after. He is supposed to "direct" and episode next season - a great way to allow him to also film a small bit of where he might be taken to, while none of us aware. Just one man's hope!

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm starting to enjoy FTWD more. It seems more real if that makes sense.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'm still not convinced we are truly "losing Rick." I'm holding out hope that he will somehow wind up on one of those helicopters, only to resurface late next season or the season after. He is supposed to "direct" and episode next season - a great way to allow him to also film a small bit of where he might be taken to, while none of us aware. Just one man's hope!

I have a feeling it will be Maggie who leaves in a helicopter, since her leaving the show is 'open-ended' according to Angela Kang. I do think we will see the death of Rick Grimes.

Country
    Country Flag

RIP, Scott Wilson.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was sad to hear the news.

Give me article about why you should return to walking dead for Season 9 a read. Click that little facebook button in the top right and give my page a like! Thanks!

https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c...-dead-season-9

Country
    Country Flag

Give me article about why you should return to walking dead for Season 9 a read. Click that little facebook button in the top right and give my page a like! Thanks!

Good article. I never really experienced any falloff personally in my feelings for the show. I continue to enjoy it through the ups and downs. Although I couldn't wait for Negan to go. He just simply annoyed the hell out of me.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I think I'm starting to enjoy FTWD more. It seems more real if that makes sense.

Makes sense to me. I quit watching TWD just after Glen dived under the dumpster. We're still watching FTWD.

Country
    Country Flag

Brilliantly written. You got me very excited to see what’s to come!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast