Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know a lot of people have been complaining the second half of this season of Fear doesn't really have a strong plot going, but I'm enjoying it as a little collection of short stories. It seems the main plot with Logan is going to kick it up a notch next week. All I can really hope for out of the next four episodes is that we get an introduction into something grander and better for season 6. That's all I was hoping for during the back half of Season 2, and we got that awesome third season afterwards. I have been enjoying the direction and photography a hell of a lot more in this back half. I'm not sure if it's a stylistic choice or they brought in new talent, but the marked improvement really shows. There are some really great shots sprinkled throughout these episodes.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say, I really enjoyed the last episode of Fear The Walking Dead. There was some good action, some nice photography, and some decent character work. I have been hoping for the stakes to be raised. I was kind of right in that I think the group made a major mistake in not helping Logan. The flashback of Logan's motivations was well done and though that motivation could've helped the story sooner, I don't think introducing the new villains earlier on would've helped. It seems that by not helping Logan the group have played themselves in a bit of a pickle. Maybe Luciana will become a villain too? It's interesting how many ways this storyline could go. It seems The Pioneers will give the group general free reign in doing what they want to do, but for how long, and what will happen when they do something The Pioneers disagree with? I am desperately hoping we get a Whisperer Pike type moment at the end of this season, where The Pioneers execute a handful of heroes...and if the new people they've helped are the majority of the victims, it would be a neat twist.

This 30 second Teaser for TWD Season Ten is also quite nice.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've enjoyed the back half. I like the collection of characters and the show has really found it's voice. It's not as great as it was last year, but still solid.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

people still watch this shit?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    DO NOT ask me why. I am shocked others like it. I will most likely pass next season. THIS one of Fear was laughable.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean Fear The Walking Dead or The Walking Dead?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I’m betting Fear cause the last season of walking dead was among the best of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I’m betting Fear cause the last season of walking dead was among the best of them.

I don't think he's watched since season 7.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped watching TWD before Negan - the worst TV villain of all time - wrapped up. When I knew the show needed to have a bullet put in its head and stop it from lumbering towards the finish line like a zombie.

I gave FTWD a good season and a half before I realized it was just microwaved leftovers.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Negan is great and last season was fantastic. You should catch up on Netflix. Season 10 is sure to be great too.

Country
    Country Flag

I will agree that last season was amazing but not that Negan is great. He fuckin sucks and was a terrible choice for actor. The best Villian this show has seen is the whisperers I think.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think JDM has killed it as Negan since he's a character who has to wear many hats. He's supposed to be hated, scary, funny, misguided, but also be a sympathetic wildcard begging for redemption. If you watch seasons 7 through 9 all in a row the constant evolution of his performance is pretty epic, especially on a show where characters either don't change much or change a lot yet slowly. JDM seems to have layers peeled off every few episodes.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Early reviews for the first three episode of Season 10 are out and they're extremely positive, just like last year. The guy on Forbes said he thought each episode was better than the last. I'm really excited now. If only Fear The Walking Dead was this good. It sounds like Aaron is getting a lot of good stuff to do, which is great because Ross Marquand is really good. Also sounds like Alpha/Beta get a nice spotlight and Carol has a lot of focus.

I'm hoping the finale this Sunday will promise a big change up so I can have some hope going into Season 6, but goddamn has this show really dropped in quality since how great Season 3 was. They never should've killed off Madison, that's for sure. Season 4a was pretty good, 4b not so much. I thought 5b was a step towards the right direction after 5a, but it's just not working. They've got a talented cast full of characters that all have the exact same motivations and it's really fucking tiresome after a full season of that.

Country
    Country Flag

Early reviews for the first three episode of Season 10 are out and they're extremely positive, just like last year. The guy on Forbes said he thought each episode was better than the last. I'm really excited now. If only Fear The Walking Dead was this good. It sounds like Aaron is getting a lot of good stuff to do, which is great because Ross Marquand is really good. Also sounds like Alpha/Beta get a nice spotlight and Carol has a lot of focus.

I'm hoping the finale this Sunday will promise a big change up so I can have some hope going into Season 6, but goddamn has this show really dropped in quality since how great Season 3 was. They never should've killed off Madison, that's for sure. Season 4a was pretty good, 4b not so much. I thought 5b was a step towards the right direction after 5a, but it's just not working. They've got a talented cast full of characters that all have the exact same motivations and it's really fucking tiresome after a full season of that.
    Yep Fear is total crap now. I wished they had focused for 5-7 seasons on the first 3 months after the outbreak. That would have been awesome. World War Z style... which is my favourite zombie movie/show ever. Pumped for walking dead to get back!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I couldn't agree more with this. I was just remarking to my wife the last couple of weeks how boring Fear has become. Although I don't know if losing Madison was the problem. To me, the problem is that they haven't really had any good villains the past few seasons.

It seems like every week they are trying to help someone and end up getting into some sort of trouble (going to a mall, going to a church, helping some lady out that won't leave her house) but they don't really seem to be working with an over-arching story against any one single threat. Martha was horrible, Logan was completely wasted as a character and so far Ginny has been more annoying than anything.

Compare that to the other show with villains like The Governor, Negan and Alpha/Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yep Fear is total crap now. I wished they had focused for 5-7 seasons on the first 3 months after the outbreak. That would have been awesome. World War Z style... which is my favourite zombie movie/show ever. Pumped for walking dead to get back!
    That's also something my wife pointed out. I remember when this show first came out, the premise was supposed to be that it would show how everything started. But they rushed through all that in the first season.

I think they've always had a plan to combine the two shows and that's mostly what they are working towards now. Especially since the run of the comics is over.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that was a season finale.

I wrote up some thoughts for the season as a whole for my site. I'll post it in a bit once I give it a quick proof read.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, that was a season finale.

I wrote up some thoughts for the season as a whole for my site. I'll post it in a bit once I give it a quick proof read.
    That was total
    Shit.

NOW.
    The premiere of Walking Dead? Loved it. So good! And I loved how it was done.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't be watching it until it airs my next week.

Country
    Country Flag

I won't be watching it until it airs my next week.
    It’s VERY good. Excited to hear your thoughts.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have my thoughts on Fear up in an hourish.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, this is my take on the biggest issues in Fear Season 5. There are more issues than these, but these are rookie mistakes no show should be making in it's 5th season.

https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c.../ftwd-season-5

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So is it just me, or does anyone else understand what Ginny's motivation here is? Why are her people such assholes to Morgan's group? She keeps saying they have the same goal and they want to help people but she just keeps on killing people for no apparent reason.

Why did she shoot Morgan anyway? Wouldn't he (and pretty much everyone else in his group) be useful in same way for this future she keeps talking about?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So is it just me, or does anyone else understand what Ginny's motivation here is? Why are her people such assholes to Morgan's group? She keeps saying they have the same goal and they want to help people but she just keeps on killing people for no apparent reason.

Why did she shoot Morgan anyway? Wouldn't he (and pretty much everyone else in his group) be useful in same way for this future she keeps talking about?
    It comes down to a difference in philosophy. Like Negan, she views people as the most important resource, but unlike Negan she thinks dead weight and people who are a danger to the future are expendable for the betterment of the greater good.

Morgan put his whole group in die straits to extend the life of someone who's time was running out. I assume she saw his selfishness as a liability and his philosophy to be dangerous to her goals.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The season premiere for The Walking Dead was solid. It's amazing how much better TWD is than Fear right now. Characters having real conversations, questioning themselves and others, people hesitant to make decisions. The photography was also really solid. It seems the show has taken a new interest in how the show is presented which is something that really faltered in seasons 7 and 8.

They did a great job of establishing the mindset of key characters and the fear they've lived in and the PTSD of Siddiq. The satellite was a cool event that serves to continue the plot of the radio. I like how they encountered The Whisperers expanding their radio range and they had to cross into their borders for something else that will serve to expand their radio range. It ties in well to the theme of isolationism that Alexandria and now all the communities are dealing with. Considering The Larger World led then to cross paths with Negan before, expansion definitely has consequences in this world.

I'm still not sure if that was actually Alpha at the end. I think it was by the look Alpha gave, but I also wonder if that was just Carol seeing what she wanted to see.

Country
    Country Flag

The season premiere for The Walking Dead was solid. It's amazing how much better TWD is than Fear right now. Characters having real conversations, questioning themselves and others, people hesitant to make decisions. The photography was also really solid. It seems the show has taken a new interest in how the show is presented which is something that really faltered in seasons 7 and 8.

They did a great job of establishing the mindset of key characters and the fear they've lived in and the PTSD of Siddiq. The satellite was a cool event that serves to continue the plot of the radio. I like how they encountered The Whisperers expanding their radio range and they had to cross into their borders for something else that will serve to expand their radio range. It ties in well to the theme of isolationism that Alexandria and now all the communities are dealing with. Considering The Larger World led then to cross paths with Negan before, expansion definitely has consequences in this world.

I'm still not sure if that was actually Alpha at the end. I think it was by the look Alpha gave, but I also wonder if that was just Carol seeing what she wanted to see.
    Of course it was Alpha. They built to that moment the entire episode.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast