Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 151 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is too fucking skinny. He should have bulked up more. I find the cadence of his lines annoying sometimes.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The scene I am talking about will be Sasha, Holly in the comics, held prison at the sanctuary. One of Negan's men sees her tied up and attempts to rape her. Negan sees this before he can do much more than rip her clothes. Negan then reveals a lot about himself. He says that when the war is over and the dust settles, and they win, they still need to work with these people. He says "We want a community which works together, and that can't happen if they sink to such inhuman levels." He then says, "repeat after me. We. Don't. Rape." And his man repeat him and Negan sticks his knife through his neck. He then says he needed Holly to see that so she can see they aren't monsters.

The scene is what truly differentiated Negan and The Governor and really showed a lot of who Negan actually is. He might be sadistic enough to make jokes while bashing in some Asian guy's skull in front of his friends and family, but he refused to allow sexual assault and rape and the punishment for the crime is death.
    Someone needs to explain "rape" to Negan. The hypocrisy surrounding that scene is just plain dumb.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I find Carl to be the most annoying. Someone give that fucker a haircut!
    , Tim. I think the same thing every time I see him. My son, who has read the comics thus far, says the show and/or the actor has completely destroyed Negan's character. I hate the show version of him but my son swears I loved the comic book Negan.

As far as the rape thing, I guess it's ok that Negan keeps a set of sister wives? I'm sure they are all there on their own accord. Or maybe The Savior's rulebook is at the printers now and we can expect it early next year
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

His wives agree to be his wife. He doesn't even hit them. I wasn't aware polygamy was rape. Maybe you guys can explain to my how polygamy equals rape.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The scene I am talking about will be Sasha, Holly in the comics, held prison at the sanctuary. One of Negan's men sees her tied up and attempts to rape her. Negan sees this before he can do much more than rip her clothes. Negan then reveals a lot about himself. He says that when the war is over and the dust settles, and they win, they still need to work with these people. He says "We want a community which works together, and that can't happen if they sink to such inhuman levels." He then says, "repeat after me. We. Don't. Rape." And his man repeat him and Negan sticks his knife through his neck. He then says he needed Holly to see that so she can see they aren't monsters.

The scene is what truly differentiated Negan and The Governor and really showed a lot of who Negan actually is. He might be sadistic enough to make jokes while bashing in some Asian guy's skull in front of his friends and family, but he refused to allow sexual assault and rape and the punishment for the crime is death.
    Someone needs to explain "rape" to Negan. The hypocrisy surrounding that scene is just plain dumb.
    His wives agree to be his wife. He doesn't even hit them. I wasn't aware polygamy was rape. Maybe you guys can explain to my how polygamy equals rape.
    Negan is controlling his "wives" through coercion and the fear of violence. They are only allowed privileges and items for survival, if they agree to marry him.

As an example, Sherry and Dwight had previously tried to escape the Sanctuary, but were both caught - the penalty was going to be death by baseball bat. Sherry agreed to marry Negan to not only save her own life, but also the life of Dwight (her true husband).

Amber left Mark to be with Negan, but this turned her into an emotional wreck. In a very sinister scene, Negan reminded Amber that she's always free to go back to working her old job instead. Amber's reaction clearly suggests that if chose to do so, she would be in grave danger.

Tina had to agree to marry Negan in order to receive essential medical supplies (insulin) to treat her diabetes. It was a simple choice of having sex with a monster or dying from her illness.
    Negan might not be threatening his "wives" directly; but zombies, health risks, deadly threats to their loved ones, and about a dozen or so other risk factors are being utilised to control, coerce and manipulate them into a life of sexual slavery. This is not consent, and sex without consent is still rape, no matter how it's dressed up. Negan can pretend he’s not "rapey" like Davey, but capitalising on women’s weaknesses for personal and sexual gratification is abhorrent. This is what makes Negan's anti-rape policy 100% bullshit and an act of gross hypocrisy.

Mattrick, I am somewhat concerned that you are having difficulty recognising sexual assault for what it is.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I agree with T Dogz. It might not be rape in the conventional sense, but he is still manipulating them into fucking him.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plenty of women with the saviors that aren't married to him. For whatever reason those women chose to marry negan and they are free to leave at any time.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If they're free to go then why would Dwight need to track down his ex-wife? Why would the one wife not leave if she was so depressed? Negan would make their lives miserable if they chose to leave him. Some of them may be the equivalent of a "gold-digger" in the Saviors community but most seem to have little choice but to marry Negan.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    If they're free to go then why would Dwight need to track down his ex-wife?
    Because she went behind Negans back and freed Daryl.

Why would the one wife not leave if she was so depressed? Negan would make their lives miserable if they chose to leave him. Some of them may be the equivalent of a "gold-digger" in the Saviors community but most seem to have little choice but to marry Negan.
    There may be one or two with a problem but at least in the comics most of them enjoyed the extra power and getting anything that they wanted.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent write up, Tim and spot on! +1 for you, my friend if I could. The comic "wives" maybe be different but this being the TV decision thread; they don't seem none too happy to be in that position. The Saviors clearly isn't a democracy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    If they're free to go then why would Dwight need to track down his ex-wife?
    Because she went behind Negans back and freed Daryl.

Why would the one wife not leave if she was so depressed? Negan would make their lives miserable if they chose to leave him. Some of them may be the equivalent of a "gold-digger" in the Saviors community but most seem to have little choice but to marry Negan.
    There may be one or two with a problem but at least in the comics most of them enjoyed the extra power and getting anything that they wanted.
    ESPECIALLY Sherry.

When did The Saviors ever give a hint of being a democracy. Been nothing but a straight up dictatorship since the get go.

Country
    Country Flag

The reason we need to discuss the rape thing is because the writing on the show is terrible and they don't care if they make characters contradict themselves. The confusion comes in the parts that the show feels the need to change. Last night's finale is a shining example of how absolutely terrible the writing and directing is now. Not that it will make me stop watching.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Season Finale: Meh!!!!

It was "Okay" I suppose, but it didn't live up to the hype IMO. Negan, should be dead by now (or Rick for that matter)!!! C'mon people!!! Also, they need to spend some money on some decent songs if they intend to keep featuring them like they did last night. The battle scene was again like to guys "slap fighting" and running away. The whole, Scavenger betrayal was contrived IMHO.

At least, Shiva got to eat!!! lol The writing for this series has really degraded. Oh well, see you all again in six months or so!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing is funnier than when The Walking Dead tries to be artsy. We don't need it. Intercutting with Sasha and Maggie looking off into the distance, Sasha listening to music inside the coffin and the Sasha and Abraham flashbacks. It just comes off as distracting to me.

Speaking of the Sasha and Abraham flashbacks, I want to say thank you to The Walking Dead for giving us a glimpse of this memorable on-screen romance. It's right up there with Bogart and Bergman in Casablanca and Jack and Rose from Titanic. I'm sure we were all yearning for closure on this beautiful love saga.

I'm also trying to figure out how everybody EXCEPT for Rick managed to turn the tables on the people who were pointing guns at them, including little one-eyed Carl.

Lastly, the Saviors may be highly dangerous, but they have terrible hearing. How can you not hear a bunch of people on foot, a chick on a horse and a FUCKING tiger rolling up on your ass?

Forget all that, let's say their hearing is shit. It's quite plausible, they've been listening to Negan blather on and on for a while, there's only so much sarcastic quips a guy can take before he loses his hearing. So, no hearing, fine. Where the FUCK is your peripheral vision? We all knew the Hill Top gang were going to save the day Gandalf style, but try to be a little more original.

And now we turn our attention to Fear the Walking Dead.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Speaking of the Sasha and Abraham flashbacks, I want to say thank you to The Walking Dead for giving us a glimpse of this memorable on-screen romance. It's right up there with Bogart and Bergman in Casablanca and Jack and Rose from Titanic. I'm sure we were all yearning for closure on this beautiful love saga.

You're joking of course?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You're joking of course?
    I think (hope) it was sarcasm.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a bad finale. I just found it Meh... like most. I used to LOVE this show... and get so pumped to see it and this should be one of the greatest arcs... but alas it just isn't working. I loved season one... even loved 2 more. I wish they could get back to that. I agree with pretty much everything said. Rick not taking her out made me mad.... come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I, like you all... will not stop watching and will wait with abated breath for Fear to start...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Nothing is funnier than when The Walking Dead tries to be artsy. We don't need it. Intercutting with Sasha and Maggie looking off into the distance, Sasha listening to music inside the coffin and the Sasha and Abraham flashbacks. It just comes off as distracting to me.

I'm also trying to figure out how everybody EXCEPT for Rick managed to turn the tables on the people who were pointing guns at them, including little one-eyed Carl.

Lastly, the Saviors may be highly dangerous, but they have terrible hearing. How can you not hear a bunch of people on foot, a chick on a horse and a FUCKING tiger rolling up on your ass?

Forget all that, let's say their hearing is shit. It's quite plausible, they've been listening to Negan blather on and on for a while, there's only so much sarcastic quips a guy can take before he loses his hearing. So, no hearing, fine. Where the FUCK is your peripheral vision? We all knew the Hill Top gang were going to save the day Gandalf style, but try to be a little more original.

And now we turn our attention to Fear the Walking Dead.
    To be fair, the people on this show have always had pretty shitty hearing. Just think back to how Dale died. He was standing in the middle of a wide open field, holding a gun and a walker simply came up out of seemingly nowhere and attacked him.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

To be fair, the people on this show have always had pretty shitty hearing. Just think back to how Dale died. He was standing in the middle of a wide open field, holding a gun and a walker simply came up out of seemingly nowhere and attacked him.
    He was older. He needed his readers on and his hearing aid turned up.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the finale and thought the season was okay. Still good enough to keep it on my DVR list but not good enough for me to watch it live. The finale had several very predictable elements/outcomes but was fun. Sasha, Dumpster People, and Michonne were all things that could be seen coming. The tiger being trained to kill only the bad guys was fairly impressive though.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I thought of this during the finale when he struck almost this exact pose.

The finale was OK but it was a little bit of a stretch that only "red-shirts" on each side died in all that gun fire.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're joking of course?

You're joking of course?
    I think (hope) it was sarcasm.
    Just in case this is keeping anybody up at night, I was indeed joking.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Fear the Walking Dead had its own thread, but I can't find it. Probably got closed due to lack of interest.

Anyway, you can cut the anticipation for the new season with a knife. If you needed anymore evidence that AMC has lost faith in the show, look no further than the fact that they burned two episodes for the season premiere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 151 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast