Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137
Results 3,401 to 3,413 of 3413

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, thought we got a fair bit of Alpha in the flashbacks, we still only got little glimpses of the current Alpha at the ends of both episodes. I don't mind waiting another 7 days to see her real debut. But I like the decision to build her up through Lydia's story, as it developed her quite a bit. Alpha doesn't really get much of a backstory in the comics so it will be nice to see her character fleshed out more in the TV series. I can already tell Morton is going to be great in the role. And I liked how they were Lydia's flashbacks, and how we got conflicting accounts in the flashbacks...part of it the narrative Alpha force fed to her, and part of it what really happened.

The writing has been pretty smart too. I liked Tara's no nonsense 'it's dangerous out here, we're going back and we're going to plan and think' approach. I liked that Magna didn't want to leave after nearly screwing their chance completely in Alexandria. It makes sense Magna's group would want to go find their friend, and it made sense they'd realize it wasn't smart to be out there, and it made sense a guard would be looking out for Magna's group to do something since they haven't fully earned trust yet to bring back the two sisters who stayed to look for Luke. And it made sense that The Whisperers would use them to track down The Hilltop. I don't mind characters making stupid decisions, especially emotional decisions, so long as it doesn't feel forced for plot reasons.

What I liked most about this arc in the comics is the slow burn, and even when an event happens, there's another slow burn to the next event. I was expecting the end of this episode to be the end of the premiere, but I'm glad they held off. They're taking their time, establishing the new characters.

A few comics panels...again, I wouldn't search for Alpha, Whisperers, Lydia when it comes to the comics. You will get spoilers in the google image search But I won't post anything unless it's happened on the show!

All the interrogation stuff on the show was much better. More time to work with. As good as the comics are, few scenes really get the room to breathe. Also how ironic is it that Jesus interrogates Lydia in the comics lol. Maggie too at the end of this issue!

Cool little comparison of the end of episode 909
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping we get to see these weirdos becoming a formidable foe. So far, I'm not getting it.

Especially coming off of a few seasons with Negan's crew where we saw a well-armed, well-coordinated group of people.

15 of them show up at your door with knives. Mow them down with your guns and move on with your day. What am I missing?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll get it by the end of the season. But it's a much different story in how it plays out than against Negan's group. Don't forget The Whisperers have Alden and Luke. Killing these Whisperers would be killing them, and starting a conflict. Which wouldn't be smart, especially when they know nothing about The Whisperers, what kind of weapons they might have, how many might be out there. For all they know they're surrounded by hundreds of them. Their conflict with The Saviors started because they were stupid and thought the satellite outpost was all of the Saviors. The Whisperers ain't to be trifled with.

Those Alpha flashbacks were great in how they messed with the viewer. We see the father being crazy and cutting his beard while Alpha held Lydia and she had the tattoo, but in reality that was Alpha cutting her hair and her father holding Lydia, and he had the tattoo, and most of those flashback scenes are mostly the indoctrinated lie Lydia had been fed, which is why the part about her father singing to her so she wouldn't be afraid is the only part that didn't sound like bullshit to Lydia, because that was actually her recollection of events, and not the lie force fed to her. At first I thought the change in Alpha was just too quick, until I realize what they were doing.

Final Mission Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Don't forget The Whisperers have Alden and Luke.
    Fuck 'em.

I'd take her daughter and slit her throat at the top of the wall. They started this shit by killing Jesus.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike's Hilltop colony was just destroyed and everyone died.

Maerlyn's Imp Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm hoping we get to see these weirdos becoming a formidable foe. So far, I'm not getting it.

Especially coming off of a few seasons with Negan's crew where we saw a well-armed, well-coordinated group of people.

15 of them show up at your door with knives. Mow them down with your guns and move on with your day. What am I missing?
    The guns seem to have mostly gone away. They are using more knives and bows and swords than ever before. I'm not even sure I remember a single bullet being fired since the time jump after Rick left. I know Judith has a gun but I don't think she's used it yet.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Honky Mahfah Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

The guns seem to have mostly gone away. They are using more knives and bows and swords than ever before. I'm not even sure I remember a single bullet being fired since the time jump after Rick left. I know Judith has a gun but I don't think she's used it yet.
    She fired at Negan as he was riding his motorcycle towards her.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, guns are definitely in shorter supply at Hilltop. I imagine they're reserved for emergency use only. Eugene is the bullet maker and with Alexandria being isolationist, I imagine they're hoarding a good chunk of the ammo.

This little clip from an early scene of next weeks episode has me hype.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This season has been the best for me since VERY early when the show started. I’m excited again for each week. I was away and just had time to view it and LOVED THIS episode. I always said the Walking Dead could have gotten rid of a lot of filler by doing “a la Lost” back stories as I think they serve so so much. Even could use Fear characters too on some of them to make people hyped. I think it was a missed opportunity on their part. Either way, would love to see more of it.... cannot wait to finally see “Opie” from Sons of Anarchy too. He was one of my fav from that show. Keep it up Walking Dead.... your killing it and I hope word of mouth brings some fans back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't really like them anyway.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't really like them anyway.

Honky Mahfah Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This season has been the best for me since VERY early when the show started. I’m excited again for each week. I was away and just had time to view it and LOVED THIS episode. I always said the Walking Dead could have gotten rid of a lot of filler by doing “a la Lost” back stories as I think they serve so so much. Even could use Fear characters too on some of them to make people hyped. I think it was a missed opportunity on their part. Either way, would love to see more of it.... cannot wait to finally see “Opie” from Sons of Anarchy too. He was one of my fav from that show. Keep it up Walking Dead.... your killing it and I hope word of mouth brings some fans back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed about Ryan Douglas Hurst! He's outstanding in everything he does. Really liked this character in Bates Motel as well.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We might see Hurst Sunday. If not, next Sunday, I'd imagine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137