Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 151 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, thought we got a fair bit of Alpha in the flashbacks, we still only got little glimpses of the current Alpha at the ends of both episodes. I don't mind waiting another 7 days to see her real debut. But I like the decision to build her up through Lydia's story, as it developed her quite a bit. Alpha doesn't really get much of a backstory in the comics so it will be nice to see her character fleshed out more in the TV series. I can already tell Morton is going to be great in the role. And I liked how they were Lydia's flashbacks, and how we got conflicting accounts in the flashbacks...part of it the narrative Alpha force fed to her, and part of it what really happened.

The writing has been pretty smart too. I liked Tara's no nonsense 'it's dangerous out here, we're going back and we're going to plan and think' approach. I liked that Magna didn't want to leave after nearly screwing their chance completely in Alexandria. It makes sense Magna's group would want to go find their friend, and it made sense they'd realize it wasn't smart to be out there, and it made sense a guard would be looking out for Magna's group to do something since they haven't fully earned trust yet to bring back the two sisters who stayed to look for Luke. And it made sense that The Whisperers would use them to track down The Hilltop. I don't mind characters making stupid decisions, especially emotional decisions, so long as it doesn't feel forced for plot reasons.

What I liked most about this arc in the comics is the slow burn, and even when an event happens, there's another slow burn to the next event. I was expecting the end of this episode to be the end of the premiere, but I'm glad they held off. They're taking their time, establishing the new characters.

A few comics panels...again, I wouldn't search for Alpha, Whisperers, Lydia when it comes to the comics. You will get spoilers in the google image search But I won't post anything unless it's happened on the show!

All the interrogation stuff on the show was much better. More time to work with. As good as the comics are, few scenes really get the room to breathe. Also how ironic is it that Jesus interrogates Lydia in the comics lol. Maggie too at the end of this issue!

Cool little comparison of the end of episode 909
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping we get to see these weirdos becoming a formidable foe. So far, I'm not getting it.

Especially coming off of a few seasons with Negan's crew where we saw a well-armed, well-coordinated group of people.

15 of them show up at your door with knives. Mow them down with your guns and move on with your day. What am I missing?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll get it by the end of the season. But it's a much different story in how it plays out than against Negan's group. Don't forget The Whisperers have Alden and Luke. Killing these Whisperers would be killing them, and starting a conflict. Which wouldn't be smart, especially when they know nothing about The Whisperers, what kind of weapons they might have, how many might be out there. For all they know they're surrounded by hundreds of them. Their conflict with The Saviors started because they were stupid and thought the satellite outpost was all of the Saviors. The Whisperers ain't to be trifled with.

Those Alpha flashbacks were great in how they messed with the viewer. We see the father being crazy and cutting his beard while Alpha held Lydia and she had the tattoo, but in reality that was Alpha cutting her hair and her father holding Lydia, and he had the tattoo, and most of those flashback scenes are mostly the indoctrinated lie Lydia had been fed, which is why the part about her father singing to her so she wouldn't be afraid is the only part that didn't sound like bullshit to Lydia, because that was actually her recollection of events, and not the lie force fed to her. At first I thought the change in Alpha was just too quick, until I realize what they were doing.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Don't forget The Whisperers have Alden and Luke.
    Fuck 'em.

I'd take her daughter and slit her throat at the top of the wall. They started this shit by killing Jesus.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike's Hilltop colony was just destroyed and everyone died.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm hoping we get to see these weirdos becoming a formidable foe. So far, I'm not getting it.

Especially coming off of a few seasons with Negan's crew where we saw a well-armed, well-coordinated group of people.

15 of them show up at your door with knives. Mow them down with your guns and move on with your day. What am I missing?
    The guns seem to have mostly gone away. They are using more knives and bows and swords than ever before. I'm not even sure I remember a single bullet being fired since the time jump after Rick left. I know Judith has a gun but I don't think she's used it yet.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

The guns seem to have mostly gone away. They are using more knives and bows and swords than ever before. I'm not even sure I remember a single bullet being fired since the time jump after Rick left. I know Judith has a gun but I don't think she's used it yet.
    She fired at Negan as he was riding his motorcycle towards her.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, guns are definitely in shorter supply at Hilltop. I imagine they're reserved for emergency use only. Eugene is the bullet maker and with Alexandria being isolationist, I imagine they're hoarding a good chunk of the ammo.

This little clip from an early scene of next weeks episode has me hype.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This season has been the best for me since VERY early when the show started. I’m excited again for each week. I was away and just had time to view it and LOVED THIS episode. I always said the Walking Dead could have gotten rid of a lot of filler by doing “a la Lost” back stories as I think they serve so so much. Even could use Fear characters too on some of them to make people hyped. I think it was a missed opportunity on their part. Either way, would love to see more of it.... cannot wait to finally see “Opie” from Sons of Anarchy too. He was one of my fav from that show. Keep it up Walking Dead.... your killing it and I hope word of mouth brings some fans back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't really like them anyway.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't really like them anyway.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This season has been the best for me since VERY early when the show started. I’m excited again for each week. I was away and just had time to view it and LOVED THIS episode. I always said the Walking Dead could have gotten rid of a lot of filler by doing “a la Lost” back stories as I think they serve so so much. Even could use Fear characters too on some of them to make people hyped. I think it was a missed opportunity on their part. Either way, would love to see more of it.... cannot wait to finally see “Opie” from Sons of Anarchy too. He was one of my fav from that show. Keep it up Walking Dead.... your killing it and I hope word of mouth brings some fans back!!

Agreed about Ryan Douglas Hurst! He's outstanding in everything he does. Really liked this character in Bates Motel as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We might see Hurst Sunday. If not, next Sunday, I'd imagine.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man this episode was SO FAWKIN GOOD!!!!! Love this season and have to be honest... haven’t thought of Rick at all. Darrell is killing it as the new “leader” of the show!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad they're giving this story the slow burn it deserves...though it remains if they're going to rush the back-half of the story or let that breathe more than it does in the comics.

The sequence with Connie in the cornfield was great. Last week there wasn't any real reason as to why she was trailing behind the rest of the people, but I'm lenient with that stuff when he get a great sequence like that. Really gave us a sense to how the zombie apocalypse is for her. And it's cool that Connie an Daryl are going off to find Henry because it's a fresh pairing to go on a little adventure.

They're taking their time with Lydia and Henry, at least compared to the comic. They've already porked at this point in the comics!

Alpha with the baby was great. I hope the show really expands on who The Whisperers are and how they live. The comics do an good job, but it's a limited medium in terms of having an abundance of small details.

Norman Reedus is doing a great job with being the lead of the show. Hardly missing Maggie in those scenes, and now he's taking Rick's role in the comics as he goes after Henry. It's good to see with Daryl having something meaningful to do. He spent two seasons grunting, and he hasn't had much in the way of development since Season 5 when they arrived in Alexandria.

The Kingdom storyline was alright. It was nice to spend some time with those characters since it's been so Hilltop focused since it's come back. Jerry is great. It was more lighthearted. Ezekiel is so hopeful for the future, not knowing The Whisperers are out there. A good use of dramatic irony.

Beta makes his debut on Sunday!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad they're giving this story the slow burn it deserves...though it remains if they're going to rush the back-half of the story or let that breathe more than it does in the comics.

The sequence with Connie in the cornfield was great. Last week there wasn't any real reason as to why she was trailing behind the rest of the people, but I'm lenient with that stuff when he get a great sequence like that. Really gave us a sense to how the zombie apocalypse is for her. And it's cool that Connie an Daryl are going off to find Henry because it's a fresh pairing to go on a little adventure.

They're taking their time with Lydia and Henry, at least compared to the comic. They've already porked at this point in the comics!

Alpha with the baby was great. I hope the show really expands on who The Whisperers are and how they live. The comics do an good job, but it's a limited medium in terms of having an abundance of small details.

Norman Reedus is doing a great job with being the lead of the show. Hardly missing Maggie in those scenes, and now he's taking Rick's role in the comics as he goes after Henry. It's good to see with Daryl having something meaningful to do. He spent two seasons grunting, and he hasn't had much in the way of development since Season 5 when they arrived in Alexandria.

The Kingdom storyline was alright. It was nice to spend some time with those characters since it's been so Hilltop focused since it's come back. Jerry is great. It was more lighthearted. Ezekiel is so hopeful for the future, not knowing The Whisperers are out there. A good use of dramatic irony.

Beta makes his debut on Sunday!
    Who is still in Alexandria? Michonne.... who else? I’m drawing a blank! Lol then no one really of importance is in Seaside right?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Who is still in Alexandria? Michonne.... who else? I’m drawing a blank! Lol then no one really of importance is in Seaside right?

Michonne, Negan, Judith, Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene, Aaron, Laura and Siddiq are the main characters still there.

Oceanside has Cindy and a few of the other women whose names I don't know. The little girl that was there would've been recast so I wouldn't recognize her until they point her out lol. Oceanside is barely even a thing in the comics, so it makes sense the show isn't much different lol

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Samantha Morton is killing it as Alpha. I thought this newest episode was fantastic. They're doing such a good job with The Whisperers so far.

Country
    Country Flag

Samantha Morton is killing it as Alpha. I thought this newest episode was fantastic. They're doing such a good job with The Whisperers so far.
    Yeah agree and Beta is awesome too!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is in the past, but I was talking with some people the other day and couldn't remember where we are supposed think Maggie is.

Also, someone refresh my memory, whatever happened to Dwight?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maggie went off with Georgie, played by Jayne Atkinson, who traded the plans for the windmills and such for those records last season.

Daryl spared Dwight and told him to go find Sherry who fled from the Sanctuary after breaking Daryl out. Daryl told him to never come back or he'd kill him. And now he's on Fear The Walking Dead

A few other first images from Fear Season 5

Country
    Country Flag

I had forgotten that part about Dwight as well. Didn't realize he was going to pop up on FTWD. Which, to me, is getting to be the better show.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I had forgotten that part about Dwight as well. Didn't realize he was going to pop up on FTWD. Which, to me, is getting to be the better show.
    Not after this season.. I agreed right up till this season... it is as good as the beginning for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the original show is better overall. Fear can be more exciting for me as a comics reader since they can literally go any direction. I'd say Season 3 of Fear was better than season 7 of TWD. Season 2 of Fear was more of a mess than season 6 of TWD. And season 4 of Fear had a solid first half, shaky second half and the opposite for season 8 of TWD. I think the back half of season 4 of Fear was needy because it was establishing new character dynamics until they could really start a new story. It was a season of transition.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Also issue 189 is out today less than a year until issue 200!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 151 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast