Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Who else is super excited for this show? Most of my television shows have finished their run or are close to the end and I'm waiting for them to finish so I can watch it all on DVD. This is the one show I have coming up to watch and guess what, it's about zombies.

Normally I wouldn't even consider taking a zombie show seriously, but Frank Darabont is behind the show and that lends a lot of credibility.

Trailer: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE"]YouTube - The Walking Dead trailer[/ame]

It premieres Halloween night...I know what I am doing.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've never read the comic, but even I think the show looks amazing. Also, you've got a british actor playing the lead, so already it shows promise!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uh, your trailer is not a trailer but a picture of a very fat man.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a huge fan of the graphic novels, and going by the knowledge that Kirkman is intimately involved with the development of the series, and after those impressive trailers, I know this is going to turn out to be an amazing show. Can't wait for Halloween.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Uh, your trailer is not a trailer but a picture of a very fat man.
    Sorry, my keyboard was not working properly. First the number keys stopped working, then shift then I guess control stopped working. ctrl+c/ctrl+v failed me. I'll fix it. After similar problems with it in trying to edit my post on another forum...I broke the keyboard over my knee. Satisfying, really.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks great, anywhere to watch it in the UK?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I am so excited for this, I can't wait for it to come out! I think I'm going to go pick up the graphic novels this weekend. I haven't read them yet, and I'd really like to before the show starts.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You definitely should, Heather, they're amazing. The fact that I'm already on Vol. 11 and I'm still as invested and interested in it as I was on Vol. 1 is testament to how great a writer Kirkman is. Check them out, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

The graphic novels are unbelievable. I brought all of them on vacation with my family thinking I'd have enough reading material for the week, and ended up finishing them in 2 days; I just couldn't put them down. I can't wait for the show to start, it's looks awesome.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    That looks great, anywhere to watch it in the UK?
    October on FX, so this link says:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/i...014850.article

- Melike

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a big zombie fan but this looks pretty good.

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

I am super excited, almost convinced myself to stay in and watch it. But I can't miss Halloween.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously. Thank Gan for DVR

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And thank Gan for delays of US shows in the UK, so I wouldn't have to worry about making this choice!

- Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AIMB View Post
    I am super excited, almost convinced myself to stay in and watch it. But I can't miss Halloween.
    Halloween is about sitting at home with a beer and a pipe and watching horror movies.

What I hate about Halloween is that evenw hen you put signs all over the STILL knock on the door. Like one year I carved NO and then CANDY into two pumpkins and put several candles in each of them and kids still knocked. Either they are persistant or illiterate, I'm not sure which. If there are two words kids know it's NO and CANDY.

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Halloween is about sitting at home with a beer and a pipe and watching horror movies.

What I hate about Halloween is that evenw hen you put signs all over the STILL knock on the door. Like one year I carved NO and then CANDY into two pumpkins and put several candles in each of them and kids still knocked. Either they are persistant or illiterate, I'm not sure which. If there are two words kids know it's NO and CANDY.
    You should just put out a bucket, of course half the time a kid will take all of it at once.
    I like to stay in and watch Horror movies too, I just usually do it all week before Halloween. I get dragged out by my husband, not to mention I have a toddler now so I get to take her out this year.

Maybe I'll be back by 9.

p.s. I saw Machete text once.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

NO CANDY?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I have candy but it's usually gone by 7ish, I don't usually have money to buy a lot. They are still knocking on the door at ten. Maybe I'll just tie some rabid racoons to the couch on my front porch.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't read comic books but THIS LOOKS GREAT!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The comics are amazing. I am super excited about the show. The awesome thing about the comics is that the character development and the inter-group stories are so involving that you can almost forget that it is a zombie book at times, until a horde shows up out of nowhere. The Walking Dead is more about how horrible people can be to each other than how scary zombies are. I hope that they can manage to capture that in the show.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG!!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!!
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

The previews were all up in the Mad Men finale tonight. I can't freaking wait.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Hmmmm.... what to think, trailer spoiler (being cautious)

I have been craving a Zombie Apocalypse show for YEARS! I wanted one to mimic Jericho setting, if you are not familiar with this show it is about a town and how it functions after nuclear war on US soil. I'm excited about the show, but one thing that makes me cringe is the trailer. I felt they kind of ripped off 28 Days Later waking up in the empty hospital in all. Did this happen in the graphic novel? What do you think.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, it happened that way in the comics. He wakes up in an empty hospital. I have no idea which came first, that or 28 Days Later, but it really doesn't bother me because that's such a small part of the overall scope and story of the Walking Dead in the long run.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Yep, it happened that way in the comics. He wakes up in an empty hospital. I have no idea which came first, that or 28 Days Later, but it really doesn't bother me because that's such a small part of the overall scope and story of the Walking Dead in the long run.
    I'm slightly put off by this, but I haven't done much research into the comics so they very well could have been the ones to come up with the idea. I'm still excited about the show, and I'm hoping it will catch on. There are so many vampire series out, but I think I would be much more interested in Zombie series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast