Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2718

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Funny story. I always liked Dali. I went to the museum in Florida with my wife when we did the King Beauty's tour there.... They were so friggin rude to my wife for a couple of reasons I told them to shove the tickets up their ass, got a refund and walked out. Never got to see it and were right there. Long story... but I am sad we never went to view the art there...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's too bad Kris. I have been to the old museum many times and the new one once. Loved every time I went. He is obviously one of favorite as well. It's a tight rope though, trying to collect books and art but I am managing somehow.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to the museum years ago and loved it. If you like Dali, it should be a bucket list item.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I agree. I will say it here as well. Your Double Day books look really good Garrell. That's one of my goals.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Q. What did Carol Channing say to Salvador when they met?

A. "Well, Hello, Dali!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Q. What did Carol Channing say to Salvador when they met?

A. "Well, Hello, Dali!"
    Again, very nice Steve.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Funny story. I always liked Dali. I went to the museum in Florida with my wife when we did the King Beauty's tour there.... They were so friggin rude to my wife for a couple of reasons I told them to shove the tickets up their ass, got a refund and walked out. Never got to see it and were right there. Long story... but I am sad we never went to view the art there...
    Sorry, Mike. I little hijack here. What were the reasons they were rude to your wife, Kris? It reads like she gave them reasons to be rude
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

No prob Brian. I would be interested also. Kind of boring in here until I get more books. But, I admit that I am lazy. So, I need a vote. Do people want to see my new Barker books or not. It's cool with me either way. But I really don't feel like starting another thread since I am probably done or very close to it.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Bring em on
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

OK. It will take a bit since I already have a few and I am getting more next week. But I will slowly put them up.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sorry, Mike. I little hijack here. What were the reasons they were rude to your wife, Kris? It reads like she gave them reasons to be rude
    They grabbed her purse as she walked by and told her she could not bring it. SHe asked the guard to please take his hands off her purse... Then as he did that... he grabbed the Dunkin DOnuts coffee out of her other hand and said that was not going in there either. My wife is sweet as apple pie.. ask RF, David or any other member that has met her. I lost it on him as it was unprofessional and rude. He said too bad.. leave it you want. We did.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. They grabbed at her purse? I went with my mom and aunt and I don't remember saying they could not bring their purses in. That's just wrong that they grabbed at her at all. The coffee also. I am not saying what they did was right. Believe me when I say I am not justifying what they did and how they did it but if you look on their site you will see these two rules
    Please leave all backpacks and other large bags in your car or use our lockers near the front entrance. A purse is obviously not a backpack and it does not say anything about a woman's purse.

The other rule
    Cafe Gala offers light Spanish-inspired fare during regular Museum gallery hours*. The cafe is located on the first floor of the Museum. Inside and outside garden seating is available. No reservations needed.
    Food and drink (including bottled water) are not allowed in the Museum’s galleries.
    So it's a rule. Now by me posting these am I in any way excusing their behavior. It sounds like they were very aggressive towards the two of you. That is wrong. It's too bad because they really have
    very nice pieces to look at. Although the new building does take some getting used to when compared to the older building.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    They grabbed her purse as she walked by and told her she could not bring it. SHe asked the guard to please take his hands off her purse... Then as he did that... he grabbed the Dunkin DOnuts coffee out of her other hand and said that was not going in there either. My wife is sweet as apple pie.. ask RF, David or any other member that has met her. I lost it on him as it was unprofessional and rude. He said too bad.. leave it you want. We did.
    Totally uncalled for and what a dick. Some folks get a kick out of their supposed authority. Now, back to you, Mike
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Agree Brian. Some people just use their authority to the n'th degree when it's not needed. I will see if I put my Barker books up. Still debating in my head.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Agree Brian. Some people just use their authority to the n'th degree when it's not needed. I will see if I put my Barker books up. Still debating in my head.
    The best debates often take place inside my own head. Unfortunately, I usually end up losing

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, there can be some fierce ones up there. Trust me I know. I am just pumped about the new Suntup book.

My Mood
    Cool

You know, going through other threads I have noticed something. Sometimes people put personal stories or events that have happened to them. Good and bad. Well, it got me thinking, maybe I should share my story. I think I will update the first post and if anybody has questions or comments, they can post them here. I hope people take this as just a peak into my life.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, some story and you are a fighter my friend. I was in a coma in late 2016 (thirteen days for me) so I can empathise to an extent - although nowhere near as bad as you had/have it.

I’m glad you’re here, collecting with us.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was more pissed off that I didn’t come out of it with Johnny Smith powers than anything else

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes sir, you're a fighter in deed. If we ever have to go to war, I want you on my team.

Love reading your collection thread and all your new additions. You've come along way my friend and and I see more coming.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

wow! That’s a crazy story man! Your a fighter brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing your story, Mike. You certainly are a resilient man. Glad you’re here with us, in this community. We’re better for having you here... 👊🏼

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s good to share mike. Well done. And as I’ve said to you before, you are a survivor. You have had to endure so much. Keep being the incredible person that you are.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

But, gee whiz Mike, didn't anything interesting ever happen to you?

JK, buddy. That's really something. The near death experience always makes me wonder...was that really true? Or, as Pen & Teller would say, was that your brain doing that to you? I'll opt for the afterlife explanation myself.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, you are one tough SOB!!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast