Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2735

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Here are some more pics of a fuller bookshelf

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

and some more

My Mood
    Cool

My Mood
    Cool

So that's everything in that case. It's filled up quite a bit from before.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking good!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brian. I have some space left so we shall see what it will put in there.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Lookin great, buddy

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Lots of nice stuff. Keep it going!
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Lookin great, buddy
    Thanks Chad. Appreciate it.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Lots of nice stuff. Keep it going!
    I will keep it going as long as I can. We shall see what the future holds.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice indeed, Mike. You have some great S/Ls there - many on my want list. Looking good.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I may have asked this before, but who is the check in your REGULATORS made out too?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I may have asked this before, but who is the check in your REGULATORS made out too?
    It's check #84 made out to Julie Lawry for Mi-dol, Remember, she was the crazy girl that was shooting at Tom and Nick when they were in town.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Very nice indeed, Mike. You have some great S/Ls there - many on my want list. Looking good.
    Thanks Peter. We shall see if I am able to get any more. But I have most of the affordable ones that I want. From what I remember, you have quite a nice collection as well. King and non-King.

My Mood
    Cool

I have a few things being shipped out hopefully Sat (From Ralph). Then I wait a bit, and I already have my next batch setup. But I am going Clive Barker this time (with the next batch). I hope I can post the Barker pics in here instead of starting a new thread.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing them, Mike!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Barker, sounds cool.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Cool

First batch is mostly King. Then the second batch is all Barker. I am excited to get another author.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

MikeDuke, do you have any favorites (of Barker's)? I haven't read enough of his work, but The Great And Secret Show and Weaveworld were mighty impressive, and The Thief Of Always was interesting and unusual.

He's so off the beaten path, I really have to jump back in and read more (as with Straub).

My Mood
    Cool

That's just it, I really haven't read much of him at all. I have only read Weaveworld and I remember really liking it. And I loved the first two Hell Raiser movies. And I vaguely remembering that I enjoyed Lord of Illusions. I bought one Barker book with new batch coming. I bought a version of Book Blood. But second batch are all S\L and pretty cool ones.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't want to be a downer, but I will anyway.
    I've never read anything by Clive Barker I've liked, just the opposite, in fact. But in my defense, I have not read too much of his stuff, only short stories here and there.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't want to be a downer, but I will anyway.
    I've never read anything by Clive Barker I've liked, just the opposite, in fact. But in my defense, I have not read too much of his stuff, only short stories here and there.
    That's cool Steve. I think he is an acquired taste. Like I said, I read Weaveworld years ago and loved it. I am interested in seeing some of his other works. So no worries .

I agree that Barker is an acquired taste. I have mixed feelings about his work, myself - while I love a lot of the ideas and plots, his characters are either a bit flat or too mysterious/weird to relate to. He deals with themes that I don't really understand a lot of the time, too.

Having said that, I quite enjoyed The Great and Secret Show, Everville, Imajica and the Abarat books. Weaveworld I was somewhat lukewarm about; I thought it was paced more like a series of short stories that a novel, and I got a mild case of narrative whiplash from it. I haven't read much of his short work. Imajica is a sprawling mess of a book, but it's also kind of brilliant. Probably my favourite of his.

There are some nice editions of his work out there, Mike. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Peter. Yea, I am interested in reading some more of his stuff. I mean, like I said, I read Weaveworld A VERY long time ago but I remember liking it. I think it will be fun to start someone new. Plus I just read the description of another book of his, that I will keep to myself for the time being because I don't know if I am getting it yet. But we shall see.

My Mood
    Cool

I should get shipment from Ralph tomorrow. I don't think I mentioned what they were but I will reveal tomorrow and I will try to get some pics up this weekend. Barker will come later. A lot of neat stuff in that second batch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast