Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am not sure. Like I said, my aunt was close to the front of the line. So maybe they did run out.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I think he signed a few hundred books(maybe 800?) at that event. I think mine was in the 70's.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Acquisition, Mike!! I was able to get one from the same event from a very, very nice member!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Merlin. I tried at the website but I was lazy and missed the opening bell so to speak. Then I tried the lottery and did not win. When I got the book from my aunt it was a nice surprise. So I am really happy that I was able to get one of these. I already started The Waste Lands so I will not get to this for a bit. Who knows, maybe if there are Dr.Sleep signed books I will get lucky there too.
    I just took a peak at your collection. Very impressive. I hope to start on the dedicated limited books after I get the last two first ed's that I need.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice Mike. I especially like that card too. Have to keep an eye out for that item.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

I am sure every bit of extra stuff, cards, pics etc... Helps to add to the item being legit over the long haul so I am glad that I got one as well.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:17 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Been away, but now I am back . Really nothing new on the collection front as other things have taken precedence, but I hope to get back into it soon. But, I am in deep into the DT. I about 3/4 through Wizard and Glass(first book as the signed Wizard is in 2 volumes). I have to admit that I feel like I am running in mud here. I think I just have to push through this section and hope the next volume and books after this one pick up. Plus I am excited about Dr. Sleep. Anyway, I may be popping back in now and again more often.

My Mood
    Cool

Bought a regular copy of Dr. Sleep. I went in the back entrance(street entrance) of my B&N and they only had one copy out, the display copy so I bought that one. Obviously in great shape. Not a special ed or anything but at least the collection keeps growing .

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on adding to the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Bought a regular copy of Dr. Sleep. I went in the back entrance(street entrance) of my B&N and the only had one copy out, the display copy so I bought that one. Obviously in great shape. Not a special ed or anything but at least the collection keeps growing .

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. It's a slow process but no matter if the book is a new one and not a special one, I still think it's a fun process. And there is nothing like getting back into the game, which I am now.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah congrats Mike. I agree, no matter the edition - it's always fun adding a book to the collection.

My Mood
    Cool

Now I just have to decide if I want to try and finish my first ed set, or start on some of the limited ed, that are out there. HMMMM.....

My Mood
    Cool

I could not help my self. I ordered the "Gift ed" of The Shinning(1 of 1500) and the "Anniversary ed" of Christine(1 of 750) from Subterranean Press. I know they are not signed but The Shinning looks cool and Christine is the very first King book I ever read. I hope this publishing company is a good one. I never ordered from them before. The Shinning should be out in Nov and Christine says "out later this year". I shouldn't be worried that Christine doesn't have a date yet right? Have other people ordered stuff with no given release date?
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll be fine with both publishers, Mike. I've bought books from both publishers in the past and I have both these books on order too, and Christine is supposed to be shipping this week! Congratulations on the new orders.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure. I wonder if they ship by order of where you are in the line. I am pretty far back probably so even though I just ordered today, the likely hood of me getting it next week is remote. But as long as I get them, I will be happy. Something a bit different to add to the collection. I know think that even though they are not signed, it's still cool to add them to a collection.

My Mood
    Cool

Just talked to Sub Press and they said they still had some of the DR. Sleep UK limited ed(1-700), the one with the cat on the front. Again, not a real sig but still somewhat limited and still cool to have. I did contact them asking if they had any left and since it was still listed on the site, they said that they had some left. So, I ordered one of those too. Man coming back to this forum can really be an issue sometimes .

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered mine from them, but am still waiting for it to show up.

John

My Mood
    Cool

Well, we shall see. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I remember waiting a long time for Secretary of Dreams vol 1 and the books I ordered from Grant.

My Mood
    Cool

Good news.

"This message was sent to you at the request of Subterranean Press, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below"
    Mailing Date: 10/10/2013
    Est. Delivery: 2-9 days

They did not say if it's just one book, two books, or all three but at least I know they send out emails for me to get the notice. That's a good sign.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:19 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

So now that I look again, it is probably the Dr.Sleep one. Because I don't think The Shinning or Christine are ready to ship yet.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cool

Again, Even though it's still not really signed by him, it it still somewhat limited and a cool one to I have I think.

My Mood
    Cool

I am still excited but people can be honest. Am I stupid for just getting these "gift" ed of the books? I mean, should it be S\L or nothing and if I miss it, oh well?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I am still excited but people can be honest. Am I stupid for just getting these "gift" ed of the books? I mean, should it be S\L or nothing and if I miss it, oh well?
    There's no right or wrong. It's your collection, and if you like the look of the gift editions, then that's all that matters!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast