Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I thought I was behind with not having read THE OUTSIDER, ELEVATION and SLEEPING BEAUTIES, but I guess I'm not!
    Almost through with FLIGHT OR FRIGHT, and except for the Matheson story, which I've read many times already, the book is very, well, somewhat anyway, disappointing. But I rarely like novels and stories that the authors I collect are fond of.

I'm interested in your opinion of the last three Dark Tower books, Mike. Keep us informed!
    Yea Steve. I am just a bit behind. I will for sure give my thoughts on the last three books. Right now I think Wastelands is my favorite.
    P.S I have read 17 books fully.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

After careful consideration, I think I have decided to keep my Stand. I have looked on Abe and eBay and yet to have find a copy that is better than mine for a reasonable price. I have taken some new pics. But first we start with an old one. With the glare, I just could not get a better pic.

I know it looks bad but I have seen much worse going for a lot of money. Mine is not ripped and very little rubbing on the corner where I have seen others. Plus, I have seen DJ that were really ripped and again, unsigned copies were going for a lot more and even the were saying the had issues. Plus, some of what you may think are issues are really glare that I just could not get rid of.

My Mood
    Cool

Next is the back

Again, to me it looks very good.

My Mood
    Cool

Here is a shot without the DJ

My Mood
    Cool

Here is looking down. The separation is not that bad but there is no staining on the pages. The front also looks a lot whiter then I have seem other books

My Mood
    Cool

Here is the spine of the book. Again it looks solid.

My Mood
    Cool

And here is just the book open to show that the separation is not that bad on it's own

My Mood
    Cool

So that's it. After a second, look at it, and seeing how many books have worse covers and seperation on there own, I think this is not too bad of a copy.
    I don't know if I will find one better for a price I am willing to pay. Like I said, I have seen "worse" books in the $500-$600 range. So I will focus on
    Salems' Lot, which really is in bad shape.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I see you've finally made a stand on the situation. It's a pity the early Doubleday books are so hard to find in decent condition. But considering the size of the book, that's one of the problems. And your copy doesn't really look all that bad.

Spoiler:
    I'll resist taking pictures of my extremely fine copy!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Yea Steve. I don't think it will be easy for me to find one in much better shape.
    P.S I am sure yours is in better shape.

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I ordered some more stuff from Ralph. I don't know how exciting it will be for everyone but I am excited. Of course I am keeping what I got quiet until I have everything in hand.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Well, I ordered some more stuff from Ralph. I don't know how exciting it will be for everyone but I am excited. Of course I am keeping what I got quiet until I have everything in hand.
    Looking forward to it, Mike. Ralph is great to deal with it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Looking forward to it, Mike. Ralph is great to deal with it.
    Yep. Got some good, stuff. Some not so common as well.

My Mood
    Cool

OK. Got a delivery from Ralph. I think I did pretty good. This is what I got
    Gwendy S\L
    Colorado Kid "lettered" set- If I am not mistaken, these were over runs that were bought. Then the artist for each book signed it and lettered it from A-Z. So there are only 26 of these. I know it's not signed by King but it's still rare
    The Stand-No DJ. The book itself is better than mine and I haven't seen a better DJ on eBay or Abe so I said, why not.
    Plus Ralph put in a few extra gifts for my birthday: A Thinner proof and a Scream Play's proof.
    In addition I bought what is to believed a very rare proof. That will be revealed at a later date when I get the case for it, but it is supposed to be very rare.
    I will try to get pics up as soon as I can but no promises.
    Hopefully Ralph can come in here, once the pics are up, and explain more about those CK books.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Those sound like great additions to your collection, Mike. Well done.

And nicely done with upgrading your Stand. That's the way to do it!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Peter. Yea. Everything I got is pretty cool. But when I unveil the other item, I hope people think that's cool as well.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

We demand pictures!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very curious about your rare proof, exciting!

My Mood
    Cool

We demand pictures!
    I know Steve I know. All I can say for now is it probably won't be tonight. Maybe tomorrow. But I have A LOT to take and put up.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    very curious about your rare proof, exciting!
    Yea, I hope people like it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We demand pictures!
    I think Mike enjoys teasing us.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

No tease. PIcs are going to take some time, but I hope to get them all done soon. Maybe today and some tomorrow.

I asked Rachel Reynolds and Tiffany Coyne to come over and 'present' my books in my pictures, but they never got back to me.

BTW - what's a restraining order?

Country
    Country Flag

I asked Rachel Reynolds and Tiffany Coyne to come over and 'present' my books in my pictures, but they never got back to me.

My Mood
    Cool

Send me their contact info so I could give it a shot.

BTW- phase one is complete. Now I just have to shrink the pics, then I can post them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast