Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

GREAT start, I'd say. Any specific type of proofs you are after?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, mostly his early 80's stuff and 90's. I think a Firestarter would be neat. A Christine would be as well as would a Stand complete uncut. As well as IT and Needful Things. Probably a few others but I can't afford the really expensive ones. So I am getting what catches my eye and what I can afford. Would I like some of the really rare ones? Sure. Something like Cell, or one that is listed as only having a few or scarce would be cool. But what can you do. We get what we can get. Right now I am into S\L and then flat signed. Then proofs. I like using
    http://zelig.io/ as a place to go to. But I will try and build it up more if I can.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

"So I am getting what catches my eye and what I can afford."

Sums up my collecting strategy exactly. But it's great that you have a firm idea of what you're looking for. Saves a lot of time and money. Good luck with your search, brother!

HBJ

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Mike!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brain. The proof collection is slowly building. We shall see what I go after next. I am thinking a S\L.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE new stuff Mike, BIG CONGRATS !!!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    VERY NICE new stuff Mike, BIG CONGRATS !!!
    Thanks. I never knew about proofs until I came to this site. I don't know how many I will end up with, but I am trying. These were actually a gift.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    "So I am getting what catches my eye and what I can afford."

Sums up my collecting strategy exactly. But it's great that you have a firm idea of what you're looking for. Saves a lot of time and money. Good luck with your search, brother!

HBJ
    Yep. It has worked for me so far so why change the way I am doing it. But beyond proofs, I need to try and get S\L when they are released so I don't have to spend a ton like I am
    going to have to do if I want IT.

My Mood
    Cool

I Just put CD IT S\L IT on lay-a-way with David. Two months so I will have it next month. It's one of my favorite books, like most people here, and I am excited . It's one of the big ones that I wanted.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I Just put CD IT S\L IT on lay-a-way with David. Two months so I will have it next month. It's one of my favorite books, like most people here, and I am excited . It's one of the big ones that I wanted.
    Way to go man! I'm in the process of chasing those Cemetery Dance gift editions, and a IT S/L is definitely a holy grail. Such a beautiful book. Make sure to post pictures!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Way to go man! I'm in the process of chasing those Cemetery Dance gift editions, and a IT S/L is definitely a holy grail. Such a beautiful book. Make sure to post pictures!
    Thanks. Yea. I did not get it when it came out for one reason (not price), but I least I will have one in my collection next month. And yes, pics for sure.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Hey hey! That’s great news, Mike. One more big S/L to go, right? Happy for you, pal.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Hey hey! That’s great news, Mike. One more big S/L to go, right? Happy for you, pal.
    Well, the big one would be Salems' Lot. I know I have it on my list but I doubt it would happen. They hardly come up for sale, and to get a good one
    would cost some money that I don't have. The other of course is Misery but that will never happen with the auction one going for just over $4,000.
    So, I am probably left with the numbered versions of Insomnia, Desperation and hopefully a 2nd Salems' Lot. Then we shall see. But thanks for the nice words.
    I think it will look good on my shelf.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection:MikeDuke

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Well, the big one would be Salems' Lot. I know I have it on my list but I doubt it would happen. They hardly come up for sale, and to get a good one
    would cost some money that I don't have. The other of course is Misery but that will never happen with the auction one going for just over $4,000.
    So, I am probably left with the numbered versions of Insomnia, Desperation and hopefully a 2nd Salems' Lot. Then we shall see. But thanks for the nice words.
    I think it will look good on my shelf.
    You mean CP’s Salem’s Lot? That’s on my list too. Is it the consensus that market value for Misery is now $4,000? I just assumed that it was special circumstances that doubled the value. Rights and timing. I could be wrong.

My Mood
    Cool

Yep.
    I meant CP Salems. There are many states to this book with different numbers of each copy. Ranging in price from $400-$500 up to $7,500-$8,500. With some in the middle. The lowest signed one is at least $2,200-$2,600. And those prices may be low. I don't know. I would say that you won't find Misery for less than $4,000 for a long time. But that's just my personal opinion. I really doubt it will go to $2,000. Remember, there were not that many of them. And this was the first time Misery was put in limited form. Plus, it looks like Paul's work is stellar. There were only 185 up for sale. I mean it's possible it might settle into Green Mile territory which is $1500-$1900. There were only 148 regular S\L of those. But I think for the near term, it's going to be a lot.

My Mood
    Chatty

Interesting. I just assumed it was circumstantial. Either way, regardless of value, I’m still in shock I even have one.

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, and the new look is sweet. Very classy.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great news, Mike.. IT is a great one to get!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    That's great news, Mike.. IT is a great one to get!
    Thanks. I really do like the book. I enjoyed it a lot when I read it and I am enjoying how they are doing the movie. I just
    had to have it. I waited long enough which was too long to begin with. I can wait one more month.

My Mood
    Cool

I should the book tomorrow. I am really excited.

My Mood
    Chatty

Feels like Christmas Eve over there tonight, huh?

Congrats on the IT S/L, Mike! A nice addition to the collection, for sure!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Yes it does feel like Christmas. Thanks Jack. The want list is slowly getting smaller for now but who knows.
    According to USPS it's on the way
    Well guess what's waiting for me at home.

My Mood
    Cool

Holy Crap. IT looks incredible. I just took a quick glance. I love everything about this book. The feel, the pics, just the whole thing. The only other CD book have is a Gift Sec of dreams but that can't compare with these two. But IT. OMG. It is an awesome addition. I obviously payed some money for the book, but this was well worth it. I have to pay more attention to CD now. Because now that I thumbed through IT and DR. Sleep(with a full page re-marque from Glenn), I can see that their quality is very good. I am also happy with my SP S\L Shining. But IT is so massive and impressive. I am very happy I got this book. So, I took it off my wants on my front page. We shall see what I can get next. I know it will probably not be Misery, Salems' Lot. Those are just too much. But hopefully I can get a few more S\L.

My Mood
    Chatty

Congrats, Mike!! I know you’ve been wanting this one for a while. It’s really nice isn’t it? Good luck with the next ones on your list!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast