Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. Still more to go but I am happy how it has progressed. Just need those big ones then I can work on another aspect of my collection.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So I decided to check out my DT book II again. I knew it was inscribed but I forgot what it said. I mentioned to David at Betts that I had an inscribed copy so he was wondering what it said. So, I sent him what is inscribed.
    It says
    "To Kaybird-
    With admiraton, respect,
    Thanks... and all my love
    Steve King
    6/14/87"
    Then where it says "This is Copy_____ It is written "Authors Copy" Steven signed it again along with Phil in the correct spots.
    So that's it. A Mr.Kirby was Mr.Kings agent in the early years of his career. Kbird was Mr. Kirby's sister. I think that is pretty cool.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

John

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. When I bought that one I did not know that it was a signed limited. The description only said it was signed and inscrobed. I all ready had books 3-7 so I thought that having a signed reg ed would be cool as well. When I saw that it was a limited I was excited. I thought to my self, even though it is not a matching set, at least I have signed limited editions for 2-7 now. With my first ed I was very happy with my DT set.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Kay is Kirby's sister, not his wife. That sort of changes the tone of the insc ription, doesn't it?

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks for the correction. I guess I got incorrect info. I will edit my orginal post. Still pretty cool to me though.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Kay is Kirby's sister, not his wife. That sort of changes the tone of the inscription, doesn't it?
    Ha! Yes, it does indeed.

That's a nice collection you have, Mike, especially with those review copies and that specially inscribed DOTT Author's Copy.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Patrick. I do enjoy collecting. I am reading LSOE and I am now ready to start the Way Station. So I still have a way to go in the series. But it should be a fun trip.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection indeed!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks David. Still some things I would love to get. I have learned that slow and steady wins the race.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very,very nice collection you got there!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection !!!

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks guys. I do enjoy it. And I have to say, so far I really like the LSOE. I am just going at a nice pace so I can enjoy the ride. In two more months I will have that Night Shift. Then all I need is Carrie, The Shining and Salems' Lot and.

My Mood
    Cool

Forgot to thank Billy
    Thanks

My Mood
    Cool

Pictures of my new baby

My Mood
    Cool

Some more

That's all she wrote. Now I just need Salems' Lot, The Shinning and Carrie and I am done the bulk of my collection.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Just one more of the spine

The jacket cover and pages are in fantastic condition. I have not seen many jackets that look this nice. If I say so myself

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice! And in decent condition.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks guys. Slow and steady wins the race

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Signed copies of NIGHT SHIFT seem to be hard to come by.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That DJ is so nice. I wonder if a book restoration person could replace the FFE that is stained, and improve the value of the book?

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Carlos. Now I have two books that are singed and inscribed >
    I don't know Randall. I might look into that at some point but part of me would be worried about the what if... issue. Yea, it is one of the best jackets I have seen. That is one of the reasons I jumped on it. The fact that it is a Non-Library book, no stamps or glue, and that jacket AND the fact that it is signed made me "over look" the stain. If I am not mistaken half of the 12,000 first ed went to Libraries so to get one like this seemed like a good thing.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a great-looking Night Shift.
    I've got one like it, but mine's not a 1st/1st.

sk

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. It is one of my best books so far. Next to the Gun Slinger first ed and my S\L DT books that I have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast