Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

And some more

Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

And now from the top

Separation, but what are you going to do. When it's closed it looks even better. But that is the best shot I could get so it is even not that bad when you look down. It is the best Christine that I have ever seen and I am very happy with it.
    I want to give a shout out to Dave for finding this book that I have been looking for, well, a long time.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Congrats Mike! That’s a beautiful book!
    Thanks. Yea, it looks awesome in person. As I said, it's one of the best I have seen.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Congratulations, Mike! As I understand from my very new and limited experience collecting King, these are not easy to come by. It’s great to see someone achieve a long time goal. Gives hope to newbies like me!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You got the slipcase too, right?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Congratulations, Mike! As I understand from my very new and limited experience collecting King, these are not easy to come by. It’s great to see someone achieve a long time goal. Gives hope to newbies like me!
    I have been what you would call a "serous" collector for 12 years now. I started out with only having books from the 90's new. Just about everything else was bought on eBay or from Betts. Plus, for the older ones I saved many months to get them. Whether
    they were S\L or the first ed. I will just say get what you can. If you just keep plugging away, you will end up addicted like the rest of us and have a great collection.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You got the slipcase too, right?
    Here you go.

My Mood
    Cool

One more of it lying on it's side

That's it. That's all she wrote. From what I have told, it's a book that is in F/F or Fine condition. I have no problem with that all.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BEAUTIFUL BOOK !!! BIG CONGRATS !!

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks a lot. It's one of my favorite stories and I am so happy to finally have a S\L version of it.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    I have been what you would call a "serous" collector for 12 years now. I started out with only having books from the 90's new. Just about everything else was bought on eBay or from Betts. Plus, for the older ones I saved many months to get them. Whether
    they were S\L or the first ed. I will just say get what you can. If you just keep plugging away, you will end up addicted like the rest of us and have a great collection.
    Thank you, Mike. That’s very helpful and well taken advice. I was planning on staying away from S/L’s until I had every first edition but then an opportunity to buy IT S/L came up and I couldn’t pass on it. Then Misery came along and, well, game over. I still have some firsts to go yet but the S/L bug bit hard. All that to say, I won’t have any difficulty following your advice to get what I can.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I would you say you are well on your way to a great S\L collection already. I missed out on both that you have and I really wanted them both so you are two up on me already. Congrats. Just keep on going. You will get there.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That Christine is super nice, Mike. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Jack. It's a big one for me. Who knows what will be next.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

CHRISTINE 2! - VENGEANCE FROM THE AUTO GRAVEYARD!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Cool

CHRISTINE 2! - VENGEANCE FROM THE AUTO GRAVEYARD!
    No No NO. Leave it as it is. I really want a few that are dream books for me. The Talisman and IT are at the top of that list. There are so many though. All I have to is browse the "how many sigs do you have" thread to get
    an idea of what's out there. We shall see. I mean 8 S\L (not counting my DT set) and 6 signed first ed is not that bad.

My Mood
    Cool

Streamlined my need list in the first post. Trimmed some stuff away that I can wait on and get later. I am learning that you really need to prioritize.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Streamlined my need list in the first post. Trimmed some stuff away that I can wait on and get later. I am learning that you really need to prioritize.
    I keep telling myself that but I've faced the fact that I'll never get there lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

I know Brian I know. But I needed to do that to make the foreseeable future more manageable. Seeing 15 book on my want\need list was making me crazy. So I chopped it down a bit.
    For instance, am I dying for a Dolan's Cadillac... Not really. It would be neat to have but I am not really wishing for it. Eyes of the dragon. Maybe but again, it's not like man I am incomplete
    without that one. Joyland. Maybe someday but it's a lot of money for a short story. And it goes on like that. I am not saying that I will never get them. They are just not as much as a
    priority as the ones I have listed. One day I will work on those other ones, but just not right now.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:50 PM.

MikeDuke at 55 - "Almost there! Only 17 King books to go...!"

MikeDuke at 65 - "Darn! I had it until they published 25 different S/L editions from 25 publishers in the last 2 weeks!"

MikeDuke at 75 - "Bye gum cracky - only 3 more to go, why oh why did I sell all my proofs just to start over again!"

MikeDuke at 85 - "So what you're saying Beelzebub, old friend, is that if I sign on the dotted line in blood I can take all these King books with me?"

MikeDuke at 99 - "They all burned up in the flames, even the asbestos one! When will I ever learn!"

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I mainly keep a list so I can check it off and not double buy stuff. And yes, I've done that on a few occasions.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

MikeDuke at 55 - "Almost there! Only 17 King books to go...!"

MikeDuke at 65 - "Darn! I had it until they published 25 different S/L editions from 25 publishers in the last 2 weeks!"

MikeDuke at 75 - "Bye gum cracky - only 3 more to go, why oh why did I sell all my proofs just to start over again!"

MikeDuke at 85 - "So what you're saying Beelzebub, old friend, is that if I sign on the dotted line in blood I can take all these King books with me?"

MikeDuke at 99 - "They all burned up in the flames, even the asbestos one! When will I ever learn!"
    OK you got me. But I got a late start in collecting and I have stick to budget a little bit. But that is a good one. I am lucky I am in an office right now because 55 and 75 make me want to bust out laughing.
    I need a budget though. I have to. Other wise who knows what would happen. A MikeDuke that is not reined in a bit is a very dangerous thing .

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I feel for you, MikeDuke. *Right now* there are about a dozen items available from different sources at prices that I'm willing to pay - but can only afford at most one or two. That's better than not being able to find anything, to be sure, but it does force you to choose.

There's a quote from Fight Club along the lines of "until you figure out what you really care about, you waste money buying a lot of crap". It wasn't talking about book collecting, but it might as well have been.

My Mood
    Cool

Fight club is such a great movie. There are so many lines that Tyler and "The narrator" have that ring true. I just need to rest a bit because I bought at least 8-10 books so far and we are only in April. But as I keep saying, I am doing my best to get what I want and like. We shall see what comes next.

My Mood
    Cool

If Christine S\L would be F/F then my Deadzone, Firestarter, Different Seasons, Christine,Thinner, The Talisman, and SC would at least be F/F or F-/F. My EOTD looks good to me. Not perfect but again, probably F-\F. I realize that these are old books and it's very hard to find them in perfect condition. My Salems' Lot, Shining and The Stand are the worst of the bunch. I wouldn't hazard a guess on them. But, I am still happy and still looking for some of the S\L I have listed in the first post. I also know my Carrie and Nightshift aren't the best but what can you do. Maybe one day, when I am done doing my main collecting, I will look for better copies. But at least I them. I can live with that. I know people have better copies of some of these but I am thinking of my collection like the Christmas special. The one with the Island of misfit toys. They needed a home too. So that's how I am viewing this part of my collection. I will still try and get the best copies I can of new books, and if I can get better copies of some of what I already have I will. But it won't mean I will get rid of what I have now or put them away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast