Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

BTW, I know he is too busy to stop in here, but I wanted to thank David for helping put the Mr. Mercedes set together.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Most welcome

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Again, thanks Dave, and just between me and you, I am really excited about what's next on the list
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:40 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

I know it's a bit blurry but this is from The Shinning SP. Is this considered a Remarque or an extra pic?
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Whatever it is considered, I like it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

I know it's the steam valve. I like it too. I just don't know if all the books have it or not. Either way, it's a wonderful looking book. I managed to put the DJ on, although it seems a bit flimsy to me. It will get the job done. I might try and take some pics with it. Jack with the croquette mallet is pretty cool. Plus the new case is also perfect with no rubbing on the inside at all.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I know it's a bit blurry but this is from The Shinning SP. Is this considered a Remarque or an extra pic?
    It's considered one of the signature pages for the edition. All of the S/L editions had signature pages bound in.
    The art on the page is not an original piece, but rather a reproduction of an original piece. Vincent Chong's signature should be (is) an original signature (Chong actually put an ink pen to that specific piece of paper).
    The preceding page should be a limitation page that features reproduced art with an original Stephen King signature and an original hand written limitation number.

My Mood
    Cool

OK. Here are some more, clearer pics of the shining. I have more of the book as well without the cover if people are interested

My Mood
    Cool

Now the back

My Mood
    Cool

And now that limitation page where Vincent Chong signed his name. Plus it's clearer than the last pic of this. The book is still i great shape and so is the clamshell. No rubbing at all. I can post some of those as well.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:42 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    It's considered one of the signature pages for the edition. All of the S/L editions had signature pages bound in.
    The art on the page is not an original piece, but rather a reproduction of an original piece. Vincent Chong's signature should be (is) an original signature (Chong actually put an ink pen to that specific piece of paper).
    The preceding page should be a limitation page that features reproduced art with an original Stephen King signature and an original hand written limitation number.
    Thanks Randall. This is what's on the page before it.

So that is the true limitation page that shows the number and has King's name on it.

My Mood
    Cool

Not a re-marque. That's still fine with me. The book and book clam shell are in perfect condition so I am still a happy camper.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Mine, but of course!, is still safely wrapped in shrinkwrap, the most acclaimed invention of the last century, nay, millennium! But now I know what it looks like inside!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Glad I could help. Mine needed to breathe. So I had to open it. But again, glad I could be of some assistance.
    P.S I have only taken it out to take these pics. Otherwise, it's been in the clamshell.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a lovely edition. Congrats.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. Yea. I really like it a lot. And the fact that it and the case are in such good condition helps too. I have some more of the book and the case if anyone is interested.
    But thanks again. Now, I can't wait until my next acquisition. It's going to be a secret until I get it though. And no, it's not going to be the lettered Misery.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add, Mike!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brian. I really do like it. But like I said, a surprise is going happen in a few weeks. I keep on plugging away, trying to get the best collection I can. I just have to try and get the stuff when it comes out, so I pay retail instead of afterwards paying a premium. That a goal that I have. We shall see how that goes.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Stockerlone. It's posts like yours and others, that appreciate how hard it is for me to get most of these books, worth it. Of course I know it's not a competition and my collection may seem big to
    others, but when someone else notices that this takes hard work, it's a nice feeling.

My Mood
    Cool

I feeling a bit down now on some of my early Double Day books. My Nightshift is signed and inscribed yes, but besides the staining on the front board there is massive staining on the back board as well that I just discovered today.
    I would say the DJ is VG+ to F-. The outside cover is F. The pages are fine. Binding looks fine. But the inside of the book on both the front and the back boards have significant staining. I would call that poor:
    Poor: Describes a book that is sufficiently worn. Any missing maps or plates should still be noted. This copy may be soiled, scuffed, stained or spotted and may have loose joints, hinges, pages, etc.
    Like I said, it has two massive stains on the front board and the back. If I were to average all that together the book is probably somewhere between poor and good.

Plus going back to my Stand, I know people were being nice but if we were to be honest it is at best Fair. I haven't looked at my other older ones that closely but that brought me down a bit this morning.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think it's hard to rate a book that is in very good condition overall but has one particular flaw. If the binding is tight, the page block is clean, and the exterior boards are unblemished, then I wouldn't call the overall condition Poor.

If selling, I would probably rate the book higher but clearly call out the flaws, with pics. Just my 2c.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, I think you are being too critical on the grading of you books. You have to remember the dust jackets make up a significant portion of the value. I would start looking for a Night Shift 1/1 with a crappy or even missing dust jacket and replace your copy with that one. It might take a while but would be well worth the effort. Without seeing the staining, I'd classify your current book as Good or even VG.

Given what I see of your Stand, I'd say it's VG or VG+. Given the lousy production values of this book and its size, I doubt you'll find a better copy.

John

My Mood
    Cool

I would say that the DJ is F. This is the staining

It's even worse on the back. Maybe I am being critical because I don't know how to really grade.
    Even so, it is signed and inscribed.
    Here is the front DJ

Here is the back of the DJ

I don't have a pic of the binding though, but that does look tight.
    It's just that I see what I think are older, perfect books here and mine are not like that.
    Sorry for the rant and if it seems like I want a pitty party. I don't. It's just now that I am become more of a collector,
    I notice every flaw. It's all on me. I know that. And I can't be re-buying books I already have. At least not right now.
    Thanks for you thoughts guys.
    I will say that I knew about the staining on the front before I bought the book. But that was before I knew about grading and how everything effects the overall value of the book.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd still say at worst, it's Good.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast