Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The hits just keep on comin!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Honkytonk and peripheral. I am trying my best to find good stuff. This last bunch was a good one I think. We shall see what pops on the radar next.

BUT Perifpheral, wait, just wait a sec. I think you have to amend your first paragraph a bit. Your collection kicks ass. You have so many cool things AND a complete GS set? And I hope you were joking about having a 1st/1st salems lot and 3 asbestos Firestarters. My collection is just a seedling compared to some of the ones here. Yours and ur2ndbiggestfan and a whole bunch others. I know mine is slowly growing but there are a many here that make my collection look small. Now I know that mine may seem big time to many here and I really do appreciate all of the kind words. But some of the collections are, well, just out of this world. I am just going to do what I can and get the best collection I put together. It's not a competition. I know that. I am just trying my best to get a nice, well rounded collection. I am starting to ramble so I will just say, thanks for the kind words, and I will keep on trying.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new stuff, BIG CONGRATS !!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Supernice new stuff, BIG CONGRATS !!!
    Thanks. I keep on trying .

My Mood
    Cool

Got my book cases today. They look really good. Pics probably this weekend, if people want to see them.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Got my book cases today. They look really good. Pics probably this weekend, if people want to see them.
    YES! We LOVE bookcases!!!

Very nice Doctor Sleep remarque, too!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    YES! We LOVE bookcases!!!

Very nice Doctor Sleep remarque, too!
    Thanks. I guess they are Clamshell cases for the books. And one Slipcase. I have to learn the correct terms to use .I will take some pics and post them this weekend. And yea, that remarque is a good one I think.I sent it over to the collector because he did not have that one up and he said when the new newsletter goes out,he will probably put that remarque online.
    Thanks again.
    P.S Tomas just told me that some one bought the last UTD case so I got one of the last ones. And they won't be made any more. So I have an OOP case, and my Stand Case is OOP also. I don't have it, but this is like the Salems' Lot one he did for the Centipede Press. That's OOP also.

My Mood
    Cool

I hope to maybe have some pics of the cases up soon and maybe some other stuff.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:28 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

OK, here are some more pics of cases and some books
    first Salems' Lot

My Mood
    Cool

Next Under The Dome. Feels like a faux leather

My Mood
    Cool

Now we get to the more complex 11/22/63 clamshell. Has more of a cloth feel.

It also has two sides of newspaper cover page

You can switch them around if you like

My Mood
    Cool

Now we get to the horror. COTW

I could say more about this, but I won't.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:29 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

But, we end on a good note. A little blurry, but flat singed first ed Carrie.

A few more for Carrie. This shows a pen check mark in the DJ

And this shows slight spine line

But otherwise, a perfect flat signed first ed of Carrie.

My Mood
    Cool

So that's it. That's what I got for now. Who knows what will happen next.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice stuff.
    But just think, the real werewolf read that book, and he was careful with it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks
    I guess it's possible he got his paws on it. Oh well. I will just live with it. In this bunch, I am most proud of the signed Carrie, Followed by the signed 11/22/63.
    In case people did not know, all the cases ex for Cycle came from the Collector.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff, Mike!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brian. I am really trying to get some good stuff. I see some of the collections here and I am in awe. I really hope I can get some good stuff next year. Some S\L that I can afford, some proofs and possibly a surprise. I don't wan't to say what it is until it is
    underway. But I still a lot and do a lot of wishing when I look at other collections. But I keep trying.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian. I am really trying to get some good stuff. I see some of the collections here and I am in awe. I really hope I can get some good stuff next year. Some S\L that I can afford, some proofs and possibly a surprise. I don't wan't to say what it is until it is
    underway. But I still a lot and do a lot of wishing when I look at other collections. But I keep trying.
    You've got a lot more high end stuff then I do. That's not saying much however as I don't have any

Yes, this place is very enabling when it comes to collecting. I don't look at it has a need to compete though. I just like what I like and it's valuable to me. All that matters in my book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Brian. No worriers. I started collecting the "high end" stuff in 2006 and later. So it's taken me a while to get where I am. I know there are books and items that I will never have. A S\L GS. A signed Centipede Press Salems' Lot. Anything lettered, old or new. Anything to with The Plant. And I and I am sure there are a lot more, including stuff I don't even know about that I will never get. I am just trying to get what I can. I don't look it as a need to compete either. If I like it, and I can afford it, I will pick it up. I am sure there are items I could get but have no desire to. I just get what I like and that's it.

For ex. When I start on my proof section, I am sure I will run across a few that I could get, but won't because they don't appeal to me. And not all of the signed limit ones are on my radar. But when I look at my collection, I am satisfied with what I have.
    BTW, do you have a link to your collection? I could not find it. Please post it here so I can check it out. And thanks for the kind words. I know someone who has way more high end S\L then I do. As you said, all that matters is my books and I agree.

Country
    Country Flag

Never say never. Never know what ya might run across or get offered.

My collection thread is here: My Collection Thread There are probably quite a few items in there that I no longer own.

My Mood
    Cool

I just checked out your thread. You have some very nice indeed. As for me, there are quite a few items that were done over time, on a payment plan. Some of my stuff was spread out over months. If David was not willing to do that, I would not have what I have today. Just
    keep on doing what you can do.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! That's really cool of David and it allows some of us to obtain things we otherwise not be able to.

My Mood
    Cool

Now I will probably wait a bit, then decide what to do. I just don't know what it is. I know what I want though. It's a new year. Let's see what it brings.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:31 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Well "a bit" did not turn out to bet that long. I have coming to me
    End of Watch Flat signed
    Finders Keepers Flat signed
    Buick 8 Flat signed proof
    WTTKH S\L #238
    Plus, soon after I get these, I will have the chance to get a Mr. Mercedes Flat signed. So I will have all 3 of that series which
    I heard is hard to get. Not a bad haul. Will post when I get them and will try to put up pics soon after that.
    I am excited about the WTTKH as well because it's probably a low enough number for me to get another DT book if he
    writes one.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast