Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Mike on getting the photos up!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brian. They look really nice in person.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Thanks Brian. They look really nice in person.
    I bet.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke
    I have a general question about IT again. Since we now know that there were multiple printings on different days, does having an original one, from the 1st print run make it any more valuable then the other printings. They did 5 printings of the first ed. Mine is one from the first batch of 400,000. I know it's still a lot of books but it is from the first batch. It probably doesn't but I thought I would ask anyway. I will say that it is in perfect condition. I mean, it looks like it wasn't even read. I can take a pic of the book, even though it's not a limited .

The ONLY valuable US hardcover of IT is the true 1st edition, 1st printing. 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, etc. are good for reading, and not much more.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Cool, because that's the one I have. I think it's worth $50. I guess that's not too bad. I forget what I paid for it though.

My Mood
    Cool

So here is something interesting about IT. Everybody hates the spider. It must be how cheesy the spider looked because in the book there is a spider
    "In the novel, IT’s backstory is partially explained, having originated in the Macroverse as well as its natural enemy, the Turtle, creator of our universe. It’s suggested that IT and the Turtle are creations of a separate, omnipotent creator referred to as “the Other”. IT is generally referred to as male, but is later shown as a female when taking its final physical form: a large female spider. However, IT’s natural form only exists in an inter-dimensional realm referred to as the “deadlights”, described as writhing, destroying orange lights which will drive any living being insane. In order to defeat IT, the Losers have to go to extremes, which Skarsgård thinks will be interesting to explore in the sequel." From an online article

According to some articles I read chapter 2 could be freaking epic.

My Mood
    Cool

I am going to try and some IT pics and The Stand pics up when I can.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:20 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Here are some IT photos. Probably not the best one, but I am not going to try and find another one from the 1st/1st batch. It's good enough for me

My Mood
    Cool

Here is the top with a separation

My Mood
    Cool

Here is the bottom, spine and back

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That separation is common, and not much to worry about.

My Mood
    Cool

And finally the side laying down view

So, again, I know it's not the best but it's the best I can do
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:21 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Randall. I was just hoping it was one of the rare really good ones that I have heard about here that's all.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a superior copy... nice

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Looks like a superior copy... nice
    Thanks. It does look good in person and good enough for me. That was one of my first pickups when I started collecting.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

As The Offspring once sang - "You've got to keep them separated."
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    As The Offspring once sang - "You've got to keep them separated."
    Not my favorite Offspring song, but I get the point . But I think it works better in the song then it does for books.

My Mood
    Cool

Room 217 caretaker, otherwise known as Ralph wanted to see my Stand since I said it had spine separation.
    Well here you go. I will give you the good pics first:
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:22 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Now

My Mood
    Cool

And finally, the horror

That's about as bad as you can get I think.
    But I am open to thoughts. And don't worry, you can be honest, you won't hurt my feelings.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My opinion is that's the best book Stephen King ever wrote. Not that particular copy, but you know what I mean.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you have a decent copy. I know many collectors without a first Stand that wouldn't be embarrassed to have this on their shelf. I've held and owned several First Edition Stand copies throughout my collecting from the early 80's, some had separation, and some didn't. Again, your copy is decent. Be proud of it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks for the feedback. I don't intend on getting another one though. I will just keep this one. At least my S\L Stand is a solid copy

My Mood
    Cool

I may lay low for a while. I need to build up my funds again. I did a lot (for me) in a short amount of time so now I need to build up the funds.

Not that this thread gets a lot of play anyway. I need to save for next purchase. So you may or may not see me lurking. Good luck collecting everybody .
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:23 PM.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Feel free to chat a bit here. We haven't had to deal with a post-whore in a long time.
    You probably will not approach the need for counseling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast