Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Poor Mike, he just spent his last nickle on books!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

You guys are great . I will keep trying though. And I didn't spend my last nickle. I just need to save a few more before I can get anything else. So much for me staying away. I should have known that was not going to happen.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Ordered new stuff. Dave is the best. I got The Shining S\L WITH A EXTRA SLIPCASE AND DJ. I also got a S\L Dr.Sleep with a full page colored remarque of Rose the Hat and I got a Talisman US uncorrected proof. So yea, I went a little nuts. Plus I ordered 3 cases from The Collector. I got 11/22/63, Salems' Lot and Under the Dome. Looking forward to getting my new stuff. Pics of course, and maybe some pics of older stuff.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, hurricane of a haul. Some essential and stunning items in there. Nice...

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks. I make no apologies . Although some people may think I have gone crazy . I learned one thing. If you see something, and you have the means to get it, get it because it may not be there tomorrow.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well put.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Ordered new stuff. Dave is the best. I got The Shining S\L WITH A EXTRA SLIPCASE AND DJ. I also got a S\L Dr.Sleep with a full page colored remarque of Rose the Hat and I got a Talisman US uncorrected proof. So yea, I went a little nuts. Plus I ordered 3 cases from The Collector. I got 11/22/63, Salems' Lot and Under the Dome. Looking forward to getting my new stuff. Pics of course, and maybe some pics of older stuff.
    Congrats on the new pickups! Hell of a haul! I'm happy to see someone else getting into proofs.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats! Some of those items don't come up very often. Good job!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The tray case for 11/22/63 is one of the best 3rd party cases out there, you will not be disappointed.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks every one. Looking forward to getting all my new stuff.
    Yes, I am officially, slowly getting into proofs. I really think the Talisman is a great book so why not start with that proof. Getting a Dr.Sleep with a re-Marque is a bonus. That shining should also be good. I have bought 2 cases from The collector before. I bought a slip case for The Gunslinger first ed I have and I bought the tray case for The Stand. His stuff is really good but that 11/22/63 one looks so cool, I could not pass it up. And even though it's a 3rd, I still want to protect my Salems' Lot a little bit. I hope to swap it out for a 2nd some day. So now it's the waiting game.
    P.S It looks like Mon for the books

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I got all three books. I am really happy with what I got. They all look incredible. I will try and post pics tomorrow.

My Mood
    Cool

Some pics of my new books. First Dr. Sleep

I like that re-marque
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:25 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

Now The Shining

My Mood
    Cool

And now the Talisman proof (still in plastic)

sorry for the blurry pic. It could be because of the plastic.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Why does that TALISMAN proof remind me of Laura Palmer?

Nice stuff though!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Nice stuff though!
    Ok. You got me. I never watched Twin peaks so don't I get the reference .
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff, Mike!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

Nice stuff though!
    Ok. You got me. I never watched Twin peaks so don't I get the reference .
    I highly recommend watching TWIN PEAKS. I just bought "Season 3" and have watched all but the last two episodes in two days. Fascinating, weird, compelling, funny, sad, and oh yeah, did I mention, weird.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice stuff, Mike. Congrats.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Jack and Brian. I am very pleased with all I got. I now have to find more space because I am running out of shelf space.
    Twin Peaks is coming from Lynch so I would expect it to be weird. Maybe some day I will check it out.
    Now I am going to rest. Maybe.

My Mood
    Cool

Slip cases from Tom are on the way. Expected by this Thursday. Plus, I sent Tom my remarque and he will put it up on his site soon I think.

Remarque(able)!

My Mood
    Cool

Remarque(able)!
    Thanks. It's my first one but hopefully not my last. I think overall it's a good haul. No we wait and see what comes next.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some killer grabs lately

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast