Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 110 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

"Honey, I shrunk the books! The kids too, but the heck with them, save the King books!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Next stage is done. I will probably show them tomorrow.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I will start with two unexpected surprises. Two really neat proofs.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! That Screamplays is a big freakin' book! I have a HC of it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also say nice, and I am still waiting patiently (mostly), for the lettered edition of SCREAMPLAYS, although I feel like giving up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    Amazing condition on the "thinner proof"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks every one. I am happy with both proofs.

My Mood
    Cool

Now we get an interesting one. I don't think there is an "official" name for these. These are PS publishing Colorado Kid, what I would call artist remarque ed. These were part of the unsigned books from PS. They may have been an over run. Someone bought them (maybe Ralph), and got in touch with the artists for each version of the book. They then had an artist ed of 26 for each book lettered A-Z ans signed by the artist. They are not signed by King. But they are limited since there are only 26 of each one. I have letter K. So here they are:

My Mood
    Cool

So again, there were only 26 of these so that makes them rare. But the fact that they are not signed by King made them more affordable to me. BUT, the fact that they were signed and remarqued by each artist is pretty cool I think.
    And here is the case for them

My Mood
    Cool

Now we come to one of the biggies, literally. Gwendy's Button Box S\L. People said the case was large but it was much more impressive to see it in person.

My Mood
    Cool

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! That's a big one for sure!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brian. Yes it is.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

First, I must give Steve Sargent of the UK the credit with this project. Steve’s a master at getting artist to do incredible drawings in books making them highly collectible.

During a conversation with Steve on another project, he brought up a cool idea to see if we could get all three artists to do a remarque project in Colorado Kid editions and house them together in a slipcase. If I remember correct, I was instrumental in getting artist JK Potters contact info and talked Glenn Chadbourne into doing his copies. Steve took care of communicating with Ed Miller (Aka. Les Edwards). Not sure how the lettered part came about but one of the artists mentioned only wanting to do a few so I think Steve asked each artist to do 26 and would they letter each one A-Z as they completed each one.

These sets sold out in a couple hours once the project was announced. Thomas at StephenKingCollector.com quickly got on board with the project and asked everyone to send him pictures of each copy so he could share photos with the less fortunate collectors who didn’t get a copy.

This set became known as the Colorado Kid Artist Edition Lettered Set. Even though it’s an aftermarket project (with only 26 completed), it’s a wanted trio in many collections.

Congratulations Michael for obtaining Letter K of a rare set.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Cool

And Finally, I got what I think is a slightly better Stand than what I have now.

I intend on using the DJ I already have since I have to find a better one, despite the tape.

My Mood
    Cool

So that's it. Well, I still have that rare proof but I promised Ralph that I would hold off until I got the case, so you will have to wait for that one. Just to wet your appetite, Ralph told me there are less than 5 of these in out there.

Excellent books! I think I heard about those COLORADO KIDS, but there are so many editions I forgot about them. They look great!
    GWENDY'S - a great read and a great limited edition.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Steve. I keep on trying. Now we wait until I can post the other item.

Looking forward to that.

Also, how will you conquer the challenge of trying to find a place to fit Gwendy in?

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looking forward to that.

Also, how will you conquer the challenge of trying to find a place to fit Gwendy in?
    Yea, when I get the go ahead, I hope people will enjoy it. As for Gwendy's, it's really not an issue.

This shelf that's part of a wall unit is pretty tall. TBH, It almost reaches the top if you can believe it. Once I get my case for the mystery proof, I will take another
    pic with the newer books to show what my case looks like now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looking forward to that.

Buy a two story house with raised ceilings...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Outstanding, Mike! Those Colorado Kids are a real prize! Congratulations!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Peter. Yea they are pretty cool.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thanks Kris. I can't wait until I get newer shots up and when I can share what else I bought. I hope it brings the same response.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 110 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast