Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2733

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. I know I promised Ralph I would wait to post what my last item is, but I don't think I can wait. I just need to take
    a few more pics and I will post it. And Cook, the Gerald's Game is pretty cool.

Now some one has to explain the difference between a Proof and an Advanced Readers Copy.
    Because if there is a difference then my Hearts in Atlantis (soft back with a separate letter) and my Bag of Bones (soft copy), which now that I look again has a letter that is
    part of the book itself, the letter looks like the one in HIA, only it's attached in the book are ARC since that's what they say on the cover of the book. So what is the difference.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. I know I promised Ralph I would wait to post what my last item is, but I don't think I can wait. I just need to take
    a few more pics and I will post it. And Cook, the Gerald's Game is pretty cool.

Now some one has to explain the difference between a Proof and an Advanced Readers Copy.
    Because if there is a difference then my Hearts in Atlantis (soft back with a separate letter) and my Bag of Bones (soft copy), which now that I look again has a letter that is
    part of the book itself, the letter looks like the one in HIA, only it's attached in the book are ARC since that's what they say on the cover of the book. So what is the difference.
    Generally, an advance review copy has the book’s cover art on the wraps and is sent to critics, reviewers, newspapers for review. A proof is generally in plain wraps and used internally to “proof”read for mistakes.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Mike,

if you have time, you should have a look at http://zelig.io/. It's one of my favorite websites on planet earth, and it will give you a good feel for things. Like Jeff said, the ones that have plain covers usually have "uncorrected proof" on them (or something like that), and ARC's tend to already have the final cover art (or a variant of that, which is cool).

Uncorrected proofs are usually ready about two or three months before the publication date. I think a number of the uncorrected proofs were also sent out externally, to reviewers and booksellers. Most of the time they were finished and sent out before the cover art was ready. And also, to save money I expect they had the plain covers.

For Gerald's Game, there is also an uncorrected proof (which would have been produced first - a few months before publication), and the ABA ARC would have been produced lateron, almost at the same moment as the first edition.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks guys, that makes sense.
    Yea, Vincent, I use that site a lot. It's great. Avery good resource. So I have some of both.
    I need to fixe some stuff on my first page then. Can some one please look and see if I have
    the proofs and ARC's in the right section? The Haunting of Hill House says Advance Review Copy
    right on the cover. Is that technically a proof or ARC. Thinner says ABA advance reading copy (trade cover edition art.)so which is that. And UK From a Buick 8 says uncorrected bound proof on the cover but has cover art on it. So what is that? I think I have page numbers for all of those I just mentioned on page one of my thread. I just want to put them in the right spot.
    Thanks

My Mood
    Cool

First can someone look at the post above and see if I need to change anything?
    Thanks

This was the big one I was talking about before. I was going to wait, but I just could not any more (sorry Ralph). I got what is called a Blue Line Proof of the Road to The Dark Tower. It is my understanding that these are very rare and the one that I have, there may be less than 5 of them. Now I know it's a book about King's DT work as opposed to an actual book he wrote but I still think it's cool. I have seen something like this that David was selling but that was a book of actual stories. But again, I still think it cool. So, here are some pics:

My Mood
    Cool

This is just to show the inside really quick

And these are the pictures that came with the proof

My Mood
    Cool

That's it. That's everything. Sorry Paul but I just could not wait any more . If you want to comment on this last one, or any other ones, feel free to.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff Mike! Congrats mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love this, Mike! Definitely a rare and hard to find version. Great pickup! I understand your excitement!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, that is a super rare item. Glad you got it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think it's cool, in a hot sort of way. The rare proofs are the best ones!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Steve. It is neat to have.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is unique and really neat
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    That is unique and really neat
    Yea. If I am not mistaken, it's the very first version a book like this takes. Before it is bound into the proofs that we are all used to seeing.
    I think other books have unbound manuscripts as well. I wouldn't mind getting another one if I could.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Mike!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Brian.

My Mood
    Cool

I forgot, since this is my thread, I can do what I want.
    So here is my latest Dali Litho

It's called The Golden Gate Bridge from the San Fransisco Suite. It is listed as SCARCE in the price guide. I think that means
    it hardly comes up for sale. It's also the only one I have that uses Roman Numerals . Translated it's 71 out of 75. It Roman Numerals its LXXI\LXXV.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I Really like this, very very nice.
    Super congratulations to you !!

The Golden Gate Bridge from the San Fransisco Suite.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool

Thank you very muck Cook. It looks really good and is very rare so I am lucky to have it. Just a break from King for a sec. But I love my new King stuff as well.
    Thanks again.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice items on this page and the previous one, Mike! A lot of editions and ARCs I've never seen before. Thanks for posting them, and Congrats!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Very nice items on this page and the previous one, Mike! A lot of editions and ARCs I've never seen before. Thanks for posting them, and Congrats!
    Appreciate that Peter. Yea, I won't ever have a massive collection or ARC's and proofs but I do find them cool so I will probably try and get a few more. Who knows though what else
    will fly into my radar. Thanks for checking in.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Dali
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Love the Dali
    Thanks. Like I said, if you look in the price guide it says "scarce" so for me to have one is pretty cool.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I did a Dali pen&ink years ago, pic on page 2 of my thread. He is one of my favorites
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

I have 4 signed lithographs at this point. But I will probably end up with some more if I can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast