Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 109 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    There were a number of unbound text blocks of the Salem's Lot gift edition produced. I paid about $155 for mine in 2008. A number of these text blocks were bound by various people. I still have mine as issued. I have no idea pf the value now.

John
    Not much without the art. My estimate would be $100 for the page block, and $200 for the block and the art.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    What is an unbound text block. I have an image in my head but I just can't find the words for it. Were they free pages that you then took to a binder and they made a real book out of it? Or were the pages already together and then you had someone "bind" them with a front and back cover so it looks like a book? I don't want to derail my own thread but this stuff is neat.
    That's it. I have mine in a large archival plastic bag laying flat on a shelf.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out this thread:
    Custom Bound 'Salem's Lot Books

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well,
    Who knows how many signed copies there are out there. And depending on when it was signed, it could be a fake. I have seen that book off an on eBay for a long time. But we know that there are only 26 of the Firestarter. Plus you have to look at when it came out. Firestarter was a legit S\L. Just look at what the lettered Misery went for at the silent auction at Betts. Plus, it's not the oldest, but that Firestarter is old and delicate. Who knows if in 20 years, one of the limited ed that are really limited to only 26 will reach Firestarter level. But you see what IT and Misery are already doing, and Misery isn't even out yet. You probably won't be able to get it on the used market for less than $3,500 I am guessing. Pricing is hard to pin down. It depends on popularity of the book. Quality of the book and how many were made. Just my thoughts.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Check out this thread:
    Custom Bound 'Salem's Lot Books
    They look like cool ed of the book.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your insight, Mike! I guess with the signed Rage copy, I was thinking maybe there’s not even 26 signed copies out there as the rest have either been tossed or are hidden away somewhere in a bookshelf never to be seen again. But as I type that out, it’s sounds like a stretch. There had to be a ton more than 26 signed throughout the years. I can see why Firestarter and the other really valuable S/Ls are worth more than a signed Rage now. And yeah it could be fake anyway! I’ll add this to my list of incorrect assumptions for the day.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Cool

I got 3 new proofs. Picks when I can.
    They are
    Wolves of the Calla
    From a Buick 8
    Four past midnight.
    So now I have 7.
    John and Jonp better watch out. I am hot on their heel's .

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Nice score man. Are you focusing on proofs currently?

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Adam.
    I collect all I can and all I can afford. Those were actually given to me by Paul Suntup. I just want a respectable proof collection. I know it will never be massive but I
    am still hoping to get some more. I don't want to neglect that part since I have a few now, But it is not my primary focus. My primary focus are the books that I have as
    wants on my first page and anything new that comes out.
    But I do want to thank Paul for that nice package he sent.

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow that’s quite a gift. I’ve got three proofs total but I’m not that into it. Thinking about selling one of them even. I’m sure that’ll change eventually though. I wasn’t into signed books when I started either but now I’m forking out thousands for them.

My Mood
    Cool

I can really blame Janic for getting me into them. Just kidding John. It just looked like another cool thing to collect, I probably won't go crazy but we will see what happens. I am into the signed ones as well but it's not bad having a few proofs.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are
    Wolves of the Calla
    From a Buick 8
    Four past midnight.
    So now I have 7.
    Congratulations on the new proofs, Mike. I now have a bit of competition.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    They are
    Wolves of the Calla
    From a Buick 8
    Four past midnight.
    So now I have 7.
    Congratulations on the new proofs, Mike. I now have a bit of competition.
    Thanks Jon, but I don't think it will much of a challenge for you. Your collection is really sweet. At least I have a flat signed one. So I got that going for me .

My Mood
    Cool

Some new gets from a friend

I know this one looks funky but that's because it's in plastic and taking it out and putting it back in was a pain. There is really nothing wrong with it.

My Mood
    Cool

So now I have the UK version and the U.S version

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice proofs.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Cool

And finally

So three more proofs to add to my collection. That puts me at 7 now.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice proofs.
    Thanks. I will probably try and get a few more but I doubt it will be a major part of my collection. Just some nice to add to what I already have.

My Mood
    Chatty

Those are really cool man, congrats! That Four Past Midnight is somewhat scarce, right? I just sold mine a few weeks ago, I wonder if that’s it!

My Mood
    Cool

There are two four past Midnight proofs. One with a dark blue cover, that's the one that I have and one with a light grey cover. The light grey cover is the one that is really rare. That is a "first state". The one that I have now is a second state. But it looks good on my shelf.

My Mood
    Chatty

Hmmm the one I has was black. I’m trying to think if it’s possible I just didn’t see it in the right light but I’d be surprised to learn it was dark blue.

My Mood
    Cool

On the site that I go to in order to look at proofs, there is no black one listed. The blue is pretty dark so you might have thought it was black.

My Mood
    Chatty

Oh I know you’re right. I’m just surprised I didn’t notice it. And of course part of me is now wondering if I sold something ultra rare. I know it’s not, it’s just irrational paranoia lol.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

SWEET, Mike! Congratulations. They look to be in fine condition, too!

(I'm using the word "fine" to mean "looks good to me", rather than any official rating of condition.)

HBJ

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Jack. Yea, they are all in great condition. So I am happy with how my proof collection is starting out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 109 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast