Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

If it's overall Good, then I can live with that. And if you think my Stand is VG or VG+ I will very happy with that. It's just that binding on the Stand is horrible and I have seen better. But again, that's back when I was really new to collecting and knew nothing about collecting. Back when I first posted the Stand, people did say it was not that bad. But some did seem to indicate that it was. Oh well. Live and learn. I am going to make sure that any book going forward is at least Fine or better.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Agreed. I'm no expert, but I'd rate it at least Good. And having a Fine DJ helps its value a lot.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Are you implying that you can not STAND your NIGHT SHIFT? Just CARRIE it over to THE DARK HALF of the room where the light is not SHINING on it and it will look better and calm your RAGE.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Are you implying that you can not STAND your NIGHT SHIFT? Just CARRIE it over to THE DARK HALF of the room where the light is not SHINING on it and it will look better and calm your RAGE.
    Ah Dayum. That was a good one. I feel better. I am just a more informed consumer and now know what to look for. At least INMO, my S\L and newer signed first ed are all Fine at a minimum.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It'd drive me nuts personally to have a book in my collection that I wasn't 100% satisfied with. It's the OCD thing. John offered some great advise as far as finding just the book itself that is in great condition. Patience is a huge key in collecting. 1) So you don't over pay. 2) So you can find that copy that you feel great about having on your shelf. Sometimes the best deals and offers come along when you're not even looking for it. Most of time, it falls between my paydays lol.

And it's not unusual at all to purchase multiple copies of the same book before you find "the right one". Also, you usually get what you pay for.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

The books were bought when I did not understand the importance of ratings. I don't know how much that Nightshift is worth with that staining, but the fact that everything else is at least VG- and it's signed and inscribed has to count for something.

Back then I was un-informed. But not now. With the Stand, I did not see any pics of it and I don't remember anything being said about that much separation. That, again, was one of my first purchases and I did not know what questions to ask. At least I have them so I am not going to panic.

My plan will be to buy nice copies of them last. I want to get some of the S\L ones I have on my first page first. Then the three that I think need the most attention are Nightshift, The Stand and Salems' Lot (I need a 2nd dustjacket). But those will be at the end and I will make sure they are F\F. Thanks for every bodies input.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:45 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

OK, I found the price that payed for The Stand. It was $125 back in 2008. I guess that wasn't too bad given it's condition. I doubt it's worth more now though.

My Mood
    Cool

I added some more detailed pics to some of my books
    The Shining is post 52
    Salems' Lot is post 167
    IT is post 285
    Carrie is post 338
    Have at it . But I hope you won't be too, well, you know. I understand that most of them don't look that great. But they are what I have for the time being.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Your IT looks like the one in the best shape. I wish I'd bought ten copies of IT when it came out. I remember looking through them at the bookstores trying to find the best copy, never dreaming the demand for it in the future. Why don't you use your psychic powers to send me a message back in time and tell me to pick out a copy for you? And while you're at it, the winners of the World Series for every year up until 2017.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Cool

I think the IT would be VG. The others, who knows. So you think it looks better than Carrie? Interesting. I thought that would be the better one but what do I know.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm no expert by a long shot!
    The thing I noticed on the CARRIE dust jacket were the missing letters of Doubleday on the bottom of the spine.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm no expert by a long shot!
    The thing I noticed on the CARRIE dust jacket were the missing letters of Doubleday on the bottom of the spine.

There it is. I showed the other pic because it showed the top of the book, But now you should see the Double Day wording.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:46 PM.

My Mood
    Cool

I just looked at the book and you can clearly read Double Day. So to my eyes, there is nothing at all with Carrie. It really is a F\F copy. That makes me feel better. So we can take it of my concern list

It must just be glare then. I can't see the the letters 'D' and 'o' on the picture and I thought they might have been rubbed out (but not by the mob).

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, it's a combo of glare and angle. But everything else is F\F and flat signed. I have no idea on a value though. There was not hit put out on the book.

My Mood
    Cool

Added two more pics to the Carrie post.

My Mood
    Cool

Normally, when I order a book I say it in here and then when I get I say "guess what I ordered". Well, this time I wanted it to be a surprise. I got a S\L Christine . I have been waiting years, literally years to get this book. This was the book I read back in in 1985, when I was in JR High, that got me into King. And since then, I have been a fan. When I discovered that people collect King books and I started looking on eBay, this was the first, first ed that I bought. That started me on my way. So it means a lot to me. I know it's not the most valuable or most limited version of his books, but for me it means a lot and I am so happy that I got one . Now, I hope to take a little break for a few months since this year has been epic, in me buying books. Then we shall see what we shall see. Pics as soon as I can.
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 12-19-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Mike!

John

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks John. Like I said, it was a long time coming. dnemec was right. I was patient with Christine and I got a real good one.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Mike! Always nice to achieve a goal. Can't wait to see the pictures.

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, it's a good feeling. Pics as soon as I can. Your collection, if I remember correctly is stellar.
    Thanks

My Mood
    Cool

Quick look, everything looks great. Pics tomorrow.

My Mood
    Cool

And the one I have been waiting for

My Mood
    Cool

Sig page

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Mike! That’s a beautiful book!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast