Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 110 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection:MikeDuke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OK.
    Majority rules. Don't forget, you guys said yes. If someone does find it super offensive I will take it down.
    It's called The birth of Venus.
    It's a proof. Number 8 out of 75. Who knew they did proofs for lithographs.

That's it. I hope some people like it.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow that’s cool. If I were to start collecting art, and I didn’t start with someone like Whelan, I could very easily start with Dali. Very easily in terms of what I’d want to collect, not afford haha.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I understand everything exactly in that drawing except that one black horizontal squiggle on the left center side below the second from the left horizontal mark. I just can not understand why it is not under the first horizontal mark!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Wow that’s cool. If I were to start collecting art, and I didn’t start with someone like Whelan, I could very easily start with Dali. Very easily in terms of what I’d want to collect, not afford haha.
    Well, to be honest, some of the Lithographs are the same price of a SK book that is a limited that you may not have bought new. It's all about priorities. I am going to be juggling both now. Hopefully I can get new King S\L when they first come out rather than paying the premium of the after market.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I understand everything exactly in that drawing except that one black horizontal squiggle on the left center side below the second from the left horizontal mark. I just can not understand why it is not under the first horizontal mark!
    He did that because he knew that one day you would see this lithograph and he wanted something for you to question.

My Mood
    Cool

Picked up a 1st ed The Outsider. Glad I was with someone who thought to look. When they did we saw that it was a third printing. So we looked some more and found a 1st\1st. It in excellent shape. I know I mentioned something about the DJ, but seeing other copies, they look like mine does so I am not worried. The DJ is perfect. I am really interested in how many of each printing there are. I wonder if Tom at "The collector" can find out.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Some more

That's all she wrote. Now I just need Salems' Lot, The Shinning and Carrie and I am done the bulk of my collection.
    I’m blown away by this. What a cool inscription too. The charity contest got me thinking which books I’d really want inscribed and Night Shift is a close second to Gunslinger.

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Adam.
    Thanks.
    The other inscriptions are Firestarter. A real short one post 224 and DT II S\L post 27.
    Maybe I will post a pic of the DT inscription.
    And now that you post that pic, I saw another Nightshift with the same glue stain on ebay recently. I don't know if there was a bad batch but it does make me feel
    a little better about my copy. I am sure there are clean copies somewhere but since there are only 6,000 non-library books (I think) I am not complaining.
    P.S Now I really don't feel bad. I just saw about 1 or two more that have the same staining on the boards. Very strange

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, hell. I love this Night Shift inscription (the jealousy is strong in me, for this one)...Congratulations!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Oh, hell. I love this Night Shift inscription (the jealousy is strong in me, for this one)...Congratulations!
    Thanks. That means a lot. As I said, I am not too worried about the glue stain since a lot of Night Shift books seem to have them.
    And yea, I think it's a cool inscription too.

My Mood
    Cool

Added one more to my list. S\L Salems' Lot. Just in case I get lucky.

My Mood
    Chatty

Added one more to my list. S\L Salems' Lot. Just in case I get lucky.
    There’s one on Betts right now.

My Mood
    Cool

Nope. It's sold. That's what reminded me of it.

My Mood
    Chatty

Bummer man. I had no idea how pricey those are!

My Mood
    Cool

Yea. There are a number of kinds
    First is the deluxe. 25 done in goat skin which 15 were for sale. 15 were signed in black in and those were the only ones for sale. The others were signed in Red. Price $7,500-$8000 at least
    Second there were 380 Limited ed. 315 were for sale. If it was signed in Black ink you are looking at at least $2,200-$2,600. Red ink will set you back $4,250-$5000 at least
    Then there were 600 unsigned ones. Those are about $400-600
    Then there are printers proofs? I think that's what they are. I have no idea how much or how many of them there are.
    But yes, a S\L Salems' Lot is one of the more pricey ones.
    Don't forget also that the Lettered Regulators (52 of them) are at least close to $8,000. There are quite a few that are really expensive.
    I am sure you have checked out the site The Collector http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/index.php
    It's a good place to get an idea of the prices of some of the books. And that does not even include the rare proofs that are pricey.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There were a number of unbound text blocks of the Salem's Lot gift edition produced. I paid about $155 for mine in 2008. A number of these text blocks were bound by various people. I still have mine as issued. I have no idea pf the value now.

John

My Mood
    Chatty

Thanks for that Mike. Really interesting stuff. I know Tomas’s site but haven’t made my way through all the books he’s reported.

Ok I have to ask. I’m guessing there’s been an intense black vs. red ink debate here somewhere? That is absolute madness to me. $2,000 more because of the color of the ink?? Is there a story behind it that makes the red ink so much more valuable?

My Mood
    Cool

What is an unbound text block. I have an image in my head but I just can't find the words for it. Were they free pages that you then took to a binder and they made a real book out of it? Or were the pages already together and then you had someone "bind" them with a front and back cover so it looks like a book? I don't want to derail my own thread but this stuff is neat.

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks for that Mike. Really interesting stuff. I know Tomas’s site but haven’t made my way through all the books he’s reported.

Ok I have to ask. I’m guessing there’s been an intense black vs. red ink debate here somewhere? That is absolute madness to me. $2,000 more because of the color of the ink?? Is there a story behind it that makes the red ink so much more valuable?
    I am going to guess that there were less signed with the red ink then with the black ink.

My Mood
    Chatty

Oh yeah haha. I don’t know why but I just assumed there were an equal amount of red and black. That makes sense now.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because Steve wanted to fuck with collectors?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

I guess it's possible. That would be pretty sneaky though.

My Mood
    Chatty

Haha I don’t find it that hard to believe. I thought I read somewhere he’s not too fond of us collectors. Or at least not of the pricey books.

My Mood
    Cool

Haha I don’t find it that hard to believe. I thought I read somewhere he’s not too fond of us collectors. Or at least not of the pricey books.
    You are right about that last part. I don't think he likes the fact of all these special ed. He feels that people are buying his name in the book rather
    than just the book. I think he also said that he likes seeing and signing old soft cover books that look like they were read just because of that reason.
    But I don't think he would do that any more. You might have a chance of getting an older book signed but he typically only signs the book he is going
    on tour for, if he does one.
    EDIT: If you watch the movie 1408, John Cusack plays an author. He is at a book signing for his new book. Hardly anybody shows up. But the last person to show up has an old copy of his first book that looks well read and is in soft back form. He seems excited about that. I am wondering now if that wasn't King's way of saying how he felt about signing and collecting books. I may be reading too much into that, but he has indicated that in the past. I only have a few soft cover books.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection:MikeDuke

That reminds me of something I’ve been wondering about. There’s a signed copy of Rage on eBay for $5,000. Whenever it gets brought up on Facebook the general consensus is that it’s way overpriced. But he won’t sign those anymore and considering how rare they already are, I’m having a hard time understanding how that can be overpriced. Hell, I’m surprised that’s not the Holy Grail for a lot of collectors. People are willing to spend $18,000 for a Firestarter Asbestos, but not $5,000 for something that, I assume, is similarly difficult to acquire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 110 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast