Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book Collection: deadohsky

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post

Can anyone enlighten me on the significance of the coloring of the boards on earlier books, like Dolores Claiborne? The original copy I replaced had orange boards and the new one has white. Is it a later printing? As far as I could tell the copyright pages are identical to one another.

Thanks in advance for any help. It's good to be back, I almost forgot how fun it is just looking through this place.
    Usually the white paste downs on Viking books indicate a book club edition. In many instances they look almost identical except for the colored paste downs. (I'm guessing that's what you meant since the boards are black.)
    Yeah, I meant the paste downs. Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know.

I believe you are correct, I overlooked that the dust jacket has no price, dead give away there. I can't say I've come across a book club edition as good of a quality as this is, that's what kept throwing me off. Everything about the book itself is the same quality/ identical as my damaged 1st, just those paste downs are different. Didn't realize they were so sneaky with some of their book club editions. Thanks a lot Becca.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice New Additions! That's the first time I've seen the endpages/pastedowns! They look nice!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, glad to be of service then lol. They are really nice, I'm grateful there wasn't more damage. Some of my favorite paste downs/end pages. Just as good as the other Grant DT firsts. These ones are smooth and somewhat glossy compared to the previous books.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really like the presentation of the AE TWTTK production
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bad Penny. I always feel mine (photo presentations) are lackluster compared to most here, yours included. I just try to show the important bits or bits I think people would be interested in seeing.

Anyway, this is a current updated photo of my Dark Tower books:

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Taking photos is certainly a learning curve (some of my early stuff is bloody awful - some of the newer stuff still is ) - I reckon you're doing pretty okay (and I like your DT lineup - including the Plume 1sts - nice set)
    We all float down here!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

deadohsky,
    I noticed you slipped in Carrie & Salem's Lot w/your DT collection.
    Very pretty, are they genuine 1st ed's? if so.... I bow to you

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I just don't have enough DT to completely fill that shelf yet; The Shining, Night Shift, and The Dead Zone are also on that shelf. I wish they were first editions, I can't afford those yet though lol. Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, and Night Shift are unfortunately all book club.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post
    I just don't have enough DT to completely fill that shelf yet; The Shining, Night Shift, and The Dead Zone are also on that shelf. I wish they were first editions, I can't afford those yet though lol. Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, and Night Shift are unfortunately all book club.
    I'm in the same boat. Just waiting for that once in a lifetime garage sale find.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2