Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clint Eastwood

7 28.00%
  • Joel & Ethan Coen

18 72.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 2 - Clint Eastwood vs Joel & Ethan Coen

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 2 - Clint Eastwood vs Joel & Ethan Coen

Clint Eastwood's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Mystic River, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino, Letters from Iwo Jima

The Coen Brother's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Fargo, No Country For Old Men, O' Brother Where Art Thou? , The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Coens.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eastwood.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Coens for me too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I love every movie I have seen from the Coen brothers!Eastwood is really good but I went with the Coen brothers.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yikes, I'll get back to you on this one.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Coens. Easy.

"There's more to life than a little money, dontcha know. Dontcha know that? And here you are. And it's a beautiful day."
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Eastwood may be the better director in a lot of ways....but I like the Coens movies more.

So I voted for them.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Coens
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i liked bridges of madison county as welll

but i go with the coens.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Eastwood. One of my favourite directors.

He doesn't need a sibling
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I think Eastwood may be the better director in a lot of ways....but I like the Coens movies more.

So I voted for them.
    This explains it for me perfectly!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm saving my vote for the last minute on this one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Brice - If it were closer, I'd start offering bribes!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm saving my vote for the last minute on this one.
    ::hint hint::

O Brother, Where Art Thou

what can be better?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Doubtlessly it was great, but Eastwwod is a really good director also. I'm just not sure yet where my vote's going.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

I think part of it for me was, though Eastwood is very good - he's yet to direct an uplifting or "positive" film yet and I wonder if he can. ( though, I guess, in some ways, Gran Torino could be considered uplifting ... but I'd be stretching to call it that ).

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Every director has their strengths
    Spoiler:
    ...except maybe Shyamalan
    and weaknesses. It may be that Eastwood can't or won't do an "uplifting" movie. He is quite good at what he does do though. It may be that he just knows he can't do "uplifting" and chooses to not try because of that...which would also make him a good director for knowing his strengths. Or he may not be interested in do an uplifting movie. Then it may be that he can, but hasn't come across the right idea for it yet.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

does a movie have to be uplifting or positive?...

::tiptoes away, deeply depressed::

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    does a movie have to be uplifting or positive?...

::tiptoes away, deeply depressed::
    Oh, gosh, absolutely not. I just meant, I'd never seen one of his that was.

And don't get me wrong, I think Eastwood has done some simply wonderful stuff ( Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River being my two favorites, probably .. and I think he has a real talent for directing women ) ... just that, well, I like the Coen's movies better.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and you might never. That doesn't mean he's not a great director.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

I agree. I was just making an observation.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What is everyone's favorite film by either director ? (We'll count the Coens as one entity )

Eastwood - Unforgiven
    Coens - No Country For Old Men

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gran Torino

Raising Arizona

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

Eastwood : Million Dollar Baby / Mystic River ( a tie )

Coens : Fargo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast