Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Burton

14 50.00%
  • Stanley Kubrick

14 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 2 - Tim Burton vs Stanley Kubrick

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If Kubrick doesn't advance I will literally stop this damn tournament

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... and declare Kubrick the winner

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean gets it.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello. Please allow me to introduce myself... I am a post in favor of Tim Burton.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Sneeze*

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... and declare Kubrick the winner

sk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hey, hey, don't quote me on that! it's not my opinion, I only voiced feve's obscure secret desires

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I love Tim, I really do, but if the Final is not Hitchcock vs. Kubrick, y'all don't know fucking movies

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that you alinda that voted for Kubrick ? Bless you, love

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    REMINDER :

If the poll ends in a tie, the posts in favor will count as the final tie breaker !

So I should start with the one letter posts again?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Have you voted yet Brice? Burton needs your help
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Is that you alinda that voted for Kubrick ? Bless you, love
    Yes

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Have you voted yet Brice? Burton needs your help
    Burton already got my help.

Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

very close now... and today's the last day...

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Tim Burton's early work (for example Pee Wee) glistens with originality, wit, and an overall brilliance very few directors can pull off with such off-beat subject matter. Unfortunately for the world of film, Stanley Kubrick usually stands near to the top. His cinematography and his ability to get the actors to do exactly what he imagines is extraordinary; however, his script decisions for adaptations (such as A Clockwork Orange and The Shining) are very poor and lower the overall enchantment of the films.

Since the ability to direct can only go so far as the ability to write a good script, I have to give it to Burton.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Country
    Country Flag

a tie! a tie!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goddamit. Where are my cinephile friends, only 14 votes for Kubrick when there should be 114!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Kubrick
    feverishparade
    Pablo
    Seymour
    Jean
    Mattrick
    Iwassentwest
    frik
    alinda

Burton
    Heather
    Sam
    Alkanto
    Walkingman79
    Burton
    pathofturtle
    brice
    synestersaint

9 to 9 ! Even the posts are ties ... damnit, I'll need to devise some other form of tie breaker

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    Since the ability to direct can only go so far as the ability to write a good script, I have to give it to Burton.
    Because Planet of the Apes, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, etc had such well constructed scripts.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kubrick
    feverishparade
    Pablo
    Seymour
    Jean
    Mattrick
    Iwassentwest
    frik
    alinda

Burton
    Heather
    Sam
    Alkanto
    Walkingman79
    Burton
    pathofturtle
    brice
    synestersaint

9 to 9 ! Even the posts are ties ... damnit, I'll need to devise some other form of tie breaker
    May I suggest that the non-director member with the highest postcount gets the deciding vote. It seems fair to me.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    May I suggest that the non-director member with the highest postcount gets the deciding vote. It seems fair to me.
    Actually, the only true way to make this fair is to let the non-director with the ... 6th highest post count decide.

Country
    Country Flag

let's flip a coin!

::flips::

Tails. Kubrick advances...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good to me.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tim Burton's early work (for example Pee Wee) glistens with originality, wit, and an overall brilliance very few directors can pull off with such off-beat subject matter. Unfortunately for the world of film, Stanley Kubrick usually stands near to the top. His cinematography and his ability to get the actors to do exactly what he imagines is extraordinary; however, his script decisions for adaptations (such as A Clockwork Orange and The Shining) are very poor and lower the overall enchantment of the films.

Wow, great post. Very astute.

Because Planet of the Apes, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, etc had such well constructed scripts.
    Granted.

Look, the trouble with The Shining was that Kubrick was so determined to blow off the afterlife. King was like, "Is there an afterlife, for real? I just don't know." But Kubrick, he knew everything. I mean, this is a guy whose biggest hero was Napoleon. Burton's problem, on the other hand, is that he's just gotten too comfortable. He's not really as fiery at heart as Kubrick was... but he certainly did create some great stuff in his younger days.

And so... Wow, this is awkward. Bad karma, feev. Gnarly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast