Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Things.

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Default 15 Things.

1.) Do you know how/why your parents picked your name?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. No, I was found in the street as a child. I had to give myself a name.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

1. Do you know how/why your parents picked your name?

Definitely.

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    Not really, but I do know this is the one fight my dad won. Mother wanted to name me Scarlett.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Technically, my sister picked my name. But my parents listened to a four-year-old, so I guess it counts.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Yes. I told here story of how it was possible that my mother met my French father; the only thing she kept from him was me, so I was given a French name; ostensibly - for the Communists around us - in honor of Jean Jaures or any other French revolutioner/Communist (three quarters of all male French are called Jean something or other)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do know that I was going to be Benjamin... they didn't get an ultrasound to see what flavor I was. Other than that, I think they just liked the name. Along with about 8 million other moms that year.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

my mom and dad had a bet. if i was a boy my mother would name me. If I was a girl my dad would name me. the names they picked were for different reasons. my mom liked the name Adam Rene. my dad chose my name from a tender viddles commercial of a white Persian cat named Arlene. my dad won.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My mom had a really cool name picked out for me (JeriMarie, the Jeri being after my dad, Jerry) but of course he threw a hissy fit at having a girl named after him (because I would have been called Jeri) so I ended up with AnnMarie. Then I discovered when I was fifteen that my birth certificate was messed up and they had my name as Ann Marie. So now, any time I go to ask for paperwork from back then, I have to list two or three different names.

I have always hated my name, btw. I've kind of made peace with it, but I HATE being called Ann Marie or Annie, and WTF is it with everyone trying to add an 'e' to the end of my name? Sheesh.

I'd change the whole freaking thing, but I'm 44 now and inherently lazy.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

There isn't much of a reason for mine other than my mom had loved the name Emily since she was little. She always wanted a Tim and Em ( I think because she liked the way it sounds to say "Tim and Em" at once). She married my dad, whose middle name is Timothy, so they named my brother Tim, and named me Emily. It worked out
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Heather was always my mom's favorite name. So when my parents had gotten married and they got their first dog, my dad wanted to name her Heather (knowing that was my mom's favorite). But my mom refused and said she was saving that for her first girl, which just so happened to be me
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love your name, glad your parents saved it for you instead of using it on the dog!

I am named after my two grandfathers and my birthday. The other two names come first legally, but my birthday name is the one I've gone by since the day I was born.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

My grandfather, whom I dislike almost as much as my grandmother, named me and my brother. Jeremy and Timothy. Two fine biblical names. Not very interesting.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My father is named Fernando also.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

My father is named Fernando also.
    I've never in my life met a Fernando. I know people here call you Feev (I think I've seen Ferny also) but out of curiosity, what do people call you as a nickname?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I was named after my uncle; Jon Alan Kern.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

2.) Do you have any article of clothing that has a lot of memories attached to it?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

yes, my paternal grandfather wanted to call me Lettuce!! i kid you not, so mum and dad were discussing names and had been to the pictures to see a film with Candice Bergman in. Only they didn't know how to spell it, hence the S instead of a C

2.) Do you have any article of clothing that has a lot of memories attached to it?
    My cowboy hat. only wear it on my hols

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettuce, that's so cute Infact, Letti doesn't know this - but in my head I call Letti, Lettuce as a nickname!

There are some strange names out there, I knew a girl called Nettles.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 2)

My jacket from our varsity show choir. I was one of the few to be in the group all four years of high school, and I wore it constantly. It was easily the best time of those hour years, so that is easily my most treasured piece of clothing.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

HA! I'm a mother, aren't I? I guess the ones that mean the most are the outfits the girls wore home from the hospital. Savannah wore home the gown I came home in and I smocked Annabeth and Emily's dresses.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I do have an article of clothing with a lot of memories attached to it. I do have a really cool fleece vest that DBF gave me, but I wouldn't say I'm sentimental about it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Angelic

You lie! I've seen the video.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7n9ReMbGNs&feature=related"]YouTube- See My Vest[/ame]

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Bethany FTW!

Yes, I do have clothing with lots of memories.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast